OT: Stock trading | Page 21 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Looks like PayPal is hiring for some crypto/blockhain positions. Rumor has it that they are exploring the idea of offering the ability to exchange Bitcoin & Ethereum to name a few in the future. Take this information as you will
PayPal is at the top of my wishlist anyway but on such a down day it’s hard to justify throwing more into the market. Despite its surge, future should remain really bright for them and Square.

Reaction Score
but on such a down day it’s hard to justify throwing more into the market

Ha, well, I justified it.

Bought 70 shares of CCL and 100 of HAL on the downturn. They might not bounce back as quickly as they did a few weeks ago, but seem undervalued long term. That's the hope anyway.

Reaction Score

Bought 70 shares of CCL and 100 of HAL on the downturn. They might not bounce back as quickly as they did a few weeks ago, but seem undervalued long term. That's the hope anyway.
I don’t blame you. I had a list of 5-6 names I still want to add but when bloodied so much today I can’t do it. I expect more selling tomorrow morning, might get buy if that happens.

Reaction Score

If I was planning on buying and holding for at least 10 years, I'd buy every airline (Delta, United, American, Alaskan, Spirit, JetBlue) and Cruiseline (Carnival, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean). It could be several years before they are back to normal but there's no doubt they will be back. If anything I think they will come out of this stronger. People are going to be dying to fly and cruise after quarantine. Even if they don't think it will be safe for as long as 2-3 years, the demand for travel will surge back.

Live Nation as well...once it's safe to be in crowds again, every concert will be packed.

I might add Disney too. I was looking to buy tickets for next spring/summer and a TON of dates are already sold out. Packages for 2021 were just available to purchase today. Don't anybody underestimate the appeal of Disney. I'm a huge fan, and I admit their prices are absurd, but I can't wait to go back.

Reaction Score
If I was planning on buying and holding for at least 10 years, I'd buy every airline (Delta, United, American, Alaskan, Spirit, JetBlue) and Cruiseline (Carnival, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean). It could be several years before they are back to normal but there's no doubt they will be back. If anything I think they will come out of this stronger. People are going to be dying to fly and cruise after quarantine. Even if they don't think it will be safe for as long as 2-3 years, the demand for travel will surge back.

Live Nation as well...once it's safe to be in crowds again, every concert will be packed.

I might add Disney too. I was looking to buy tickets for next spring/summer and a TON of dates are already sold out. Packages for 2021 were just available to purchase today. Don't anybody underestimate the appeal of Disney. I'm a huge fan, and I admit their prices are absurd, but I can't wait to go back.
A pro would tell you that if you like a particular industry - pick one or two that have better balance sheets and growth prospects rather than "buy every airline and cruiseline". There are bound to be winners and losers in a rebounding industry and you want to do your best to avoid owning a loser.

Reaction Score
A pro would tell you that if you like a particular industry - pick one or two that have better balance sheets and growth prospects rather than "buy every airline and cruiseline". There are bound to be winners and losers in a rebounding industry and you want to do your best to avoid owning a loser.

In that case give me United + Alaskan for airlines and Carnival + Royal Caribbean for cruise lines. Bottom line , these industries are beaten up and will provide incredible returns for investors willing to wait it out.

Reaction Score

I did that at first with United, Southwest, and Delta. Then they shot up 70%, started to plummet, and I took profits on 2 of them (still holding LUV). Figured I'd take 50% gain in 2 months rather than 100% in 3-5 years.

If Carnival surges, I might take the quick payday, but if not, I'm not afraid to hold it for a while.

Halliburton is just based on my expectation that oil is oversold right now. It was doing a lot worse a few months ago, but still down considerably in a way that this amateur observer does not think is representative of its long term value.

We're all really just guessing here.

Reaction Score
I did that at first with United, Southwest, and Delta. Then they shot up 70%, started to plummet, and I took profits on 2 of them (still holding LUV). Figured I'd take 50% gain in 2 months rather than 100% in 3-5 years.

If Carnival surges, I might take the quick payday, but if not, I'm not afraid to hold it for a while.

Halliburton is just based on my expectation that oil is oversold right now. It was doing a lot worse a few months ago, but still down considerably in a way that this amateur observer does not think is representative of its long term value.

We're all really just guessing here.

That is smart for short and moderate term investing. It’s only a matter of time before every cruise line and airline gets to all-time highs. How long that might be is the real question. But it will happen.

Carnival’s all-time Hugh was right around $70. Today it closed at $16.

United’s all-time high was just under $100. Today it closed at $33.

There’s no question at one point or another that these stocks will reclaim those highs. But that’s only for the long-term investor. I plan on selling within 2 years so I can’t put that much risk into it right now.

Reaction Score
Sold Facebook yesterday. Will buy something else on the next pull back.

Reaction Score
Today...buy ultra bull index etfs, not as good as one or two months ago, but a decent dip and opp for profit as a long term hold

Reaction Score
Today...buy ultra bull index etfs, not as good as one or two months ago, but a decent dip and opp for profit as a long term hold
Was just telling my friend two minutes ago I like Ulta back at 200. Got in last month at 212 and sold too early at 220, only to see it spike to 255 pre earnings. Select retail names will survive, I think Ulta is definitely one of them.

Reaction Score
That is smart for short and moderate term investing. It’s only a matter of time before every cruise line and airline gets to all-time highs. How long that might be is the real question. But it will happen.

Carnival’s all-time Hugh was right around $70. Today it closed at $16.

United’s all-time high was just under $100. Today it closed at $33.

There’s no question at one point or another that these stocks will reclaim those highs. But that’s only for the long-term investor. I plan on selling within 2 years so I can’t put that much risk into it right now.

There's room to move up even with continued uncertainty. But stiil likely in the early stages of a long slump that could impact the entire cruise industry. That said, seems cheap and there will certainly be some speculative optimism disguised as good news.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But stiil likely in the early stages of a long slump that could impact the entire cruise industry. That said, seems cheap and there will certainly be some speculative optimism disguised as good news.
Cruise lines were flirting with bankruptcy just weeks ago and they aren't sailing soon. Money is costing them over 11% and I think they've lost the non-hardcore cruiser for years. I've been following the situation closely for months and I'm just hoping I'm getting money back from a cancelled cruise. I would call investing in cruise lines taking a stab.

Reaction Score
I should’ve bought more Inovio when it was $7 Head bang

Nice pick.

Some stocks make this look easy, but then I consider, e.g. rental cars, where if you bought CAR you're killing it, but if you bought HTZ, you're getting killed. The variance these days, both day to day and company to company, is nuts.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
What are some great dividend paying stocks that you guys have?

Reaction Score
Trimmed positions of all my big cap tech today to raise cash and take profits. Hoping to add more FSLY on a pullback plus DDOG and PYPL.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Always a good day to buy T under 30

Reaction Score
Lots of chatter about the polls regarding the upcoming election effecting the markets...something to think about. Anticipating higher income tax and corporate taxes could be leading the sell off. If my comment is too political, please just let me know and I will delete it to avoid going to the cess (we don’t want this thread going there).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom