OT: Stock trading | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
I don't have much BTC as I got in late and the price is way too high. I have Monero bc I think it's going to be the currency to have in the future as most people will go to it for complete privacy. I also have ETH, BAT and every once in awhile I'll go for some others. I also use DAI as a stablecoin. But my biggest bag is XRP (Ripple) as it's going to skyrocket. VISA is now going to be using the Ripple network, and it's not the first major company or bank to do so.

Ethereum might go higher when they release Version 2 this summer

I've invested in companies/banks that use Ripple and XRP - Moneygram, WU, BOA, etc just to see what will happen when this takes off

Visa Files Patent for Cryptocurrency System to Replace Cash | Bitco...
My problem with ripple ( I own some but not one of my heavies) is that it is centralized. I think all banks are going to move to a blockchain- just not sure they will stick with ripple. I actually think blockchain might be bad for banks - why pay all those fees when you can have your money on a secure blockchain and access it at will- transfer it free ect....
Monero is a good call- it’s going to make a huge run and the privacy aspect is intriguing.
I personally think that bit coin cash could - at some point - get to .5 a bit coin. More of a long hold though.
Ether is a good hold - I’m guessing a run up into the high hundreds next time market runs.
NEO is another favorite currency of mine.
I mentioned it earlier but theta is a good company ( crypto) for a long term hold as well.
This is the only part of the market I find interesting right now.
In the traditional markets I got in early on Amazon Apple, google, Microsoft - (lots of tech companies)- I’m shocked at the levels but my people tell me it’s still where I need to be- so I’m chillin and focused on the next wave of crypto projects.

Reaction Score
I personally have been getting all my investing advice from r/wallstreetbets and r/stocks. I guess I can add the boneyard to my watchlist now too.

Reaction Score
People can buy fractional shares now. This thread is so dangerous with the misinformation and poor takes.
I’d hope people aren’t investing substantial amounts of $ based on what we discuss here. It’s just fun for me seeing what people are into and doing well from. I do think anyone with a longterm horizon that is avoiding the big tech names due to valuation concerns is making a mistake. Also, I think turning the sound off while watching CNBC is a wise move. So many guests on there were saying the market would retest March lows again. Sitting and waiting for that day while top names have gone up 30-60% cost followers a lot of $.

Reaction Score
I’d hope people aren’t investing substantial amounts of $ based on what we discuss here. It’s just fun for me seeing what people are into and doing well from. I do think anyone with a longterm horizon that is avoiding the big tech names due to valuation concerns is making a mistake. Also, I think turning the sound off while watching CNBC is a wise move. So many guests on there were saying the market would retest March lows again. Sitting and waiting for that day while top names have gone up 30-60% cost followers a lot of $.
Can't stress this more. CNBC is for ratings. When market has a good day, they bring on a permabull. When it's bad they bring on a goldbug or someone bearish on the markets.

I'm pretty convinced a large reason we have rallied off the lows so aggressively is two-fold. Fed was proactive instead of reactive like in '08, but an underreported phenomena is so much of the smart money was on the sideline and near unanimity on Financial Twitter and TV among managers that we had to retest the lows. I've been on Financial twitter (FinTwit) for years and culled the list of whom I follow pretty lean - yet most of those were ultra bearish even after a 15-25% rally off the lows.

The market is often (not always) about chasing where is the most pain and inflicting it. No doubt in my mind, the pain trade was higher with so much $$ on the sidelines. It's so painful or those guys to see the Nasdaq back to even while they're down huge. Just as near unanimity it would be another banner year this year with economy so strong heading into it. Remember this!!!

Reaction Score

If you are taking any kind of advice from me, you are nuts. I don’t take my advice. I am telling you, flat out,the more I learn about the market the less confident I am in my views.

Reaction Score
Th
Where can one invest in Bitcoin?
The easiest thing to do if you want to buy the major coins is sign up on Coinbase or Gemini. They are the two biggest US based exchanges. I personally like coinbase better- it’s easier to use.

Reaction Score
I personally have been getting all my investing advice from r/wallstreetbets and r/stocks. I guess I can add the boneyard to my watchlist now too.
I didn't even want to mention options or speak of WSB here. Watch Bloomberg and get a terminal.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Coinbase and Uphold. Each has their advantages and disadvantages. You want to take your purchases off these exchanges when you can, if amount gets greater than say $250. You need to get a hard wallet such as a ledger nano.

You become your own bank and you are the only one who has possession of the crypto, not a third party. Make sure you don’t lose your password or your keywords.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I use Robinhood. I believe you can buy it there. I haven’t personally though - only stocks for me.
You can, but I don’t trust it. It’s simple to use but there something about buying crypto on there that I don’t trust

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I didn't even want to mention options or speak of WSB here. Watch Bloomberg and get a terminal.
If someone is using the BY for professional investing advice, they need their head checked. I thought this was a less serious way to just throw around some investing plays and ideas. Options aren’t that complicated - I think anyone here could quickly understand them.

My school had a Bloomberg room and I used to poke around on the terminal a little. Pretty fun. I didn’t know people could buy their own - gotta be super pricey.

Reaction Score
If someone is using the BY for professional investing advice, they need their head checked. I thought this was a less serious way to just throw around some investing plays and ideas. Options aren’t that complicated - I think anyone here could quickly understand them.

My school had a Bloomberg room and I used to poke around on the terminal a little. Pretty fun. I didn’t know people could buy their own - gotta be super pricey.
A Bloomberg terminal is over 2k a month. You should be able to get a free trial.

I think we should have a boneyard etf: HSKY. Equal weighting for every recommendation on here. Let’s see how we compare.

Reaction Score
So today got interesting as the work from home stocks got hit after promising news of a vaccine. I picked up some ULTA and added more DOCU after it sold off. Looks like we might have to play both sides of the fence now. I wanted to pick up UAL but after going up 4 I’ll wait for a pullback.

Reaction Score
So today got interesting as the work from home stocks got hit after promising news of a vaccine. I picked up some ULTA and added more DOCU after it sold off. Looks like we might have to play both sides of the fence now. I wanted to pick up UAL but after going up 4 I’ll wait for a pullback.

Feeling good about having held onto UAL, but wish I had bought it last week instead of 3 weeks ago.

Reaction Score
Feeling good about having held onto UAL, but wish I had bought it last week instead of 3 weeks ago.
So I fat fingered selling 50 into selling 500 @ $22.25 today. I still have a pit in my stomach as its now $2 more. Thats one of the casualties of day trading while watching an infant and working. I had been DCA'ing the last 3 weeks and peppered it under $20. I need a dump badly tomorrow as I'm sitting all cash after today.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you don't want to deal with crypto exchanges you can just buy GBTC in the stock market. Otherwise coinbasepro and binance if you want to trade for altcoins.

Reaction Score
NEO is another favorite currency of mine.
One of my first crypto trading experiences was antshares rebranding to NEO. I tripled a few hundred, but the thing still kept going. That was nuts.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I bought more PYPL (PayPal) today. I'm currently just loading up on that and a few 3-D printing stocks - PRLB (Proto Labs), SSYS (Stratasys), and DDD (3D Systems).

Reaction Score
So I fat fingered selling 50 into selling 500 @ $22.25 today. I still have a pit in my stomach as its now $2 more. Thats one of the casualties of day trading while watching an infant and working. I had been DCA'ing the last 3 weeks and peppered it under $20. I need a dump badly tomorrow as I'm sitting all cash after today.
Sorry. I’ve been careless a few times and thought I put a sell limit on 100 shares at 106 or so and accidentally put the 100 in share box and price box, only to see stock I thought I sold at 106, I still now owned at 102. Or some coworker or even worse, my manager calls and tries to talk to me about some work and I forget about a stock I wanted to buy on a dip.

Reaction Score
What does everyone here feel about the precious metals market??? (P.S. Thats my forte!!)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom