Stock trading | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Stock trading

Reaction Score
What are thoughts on stocks like say a Dave & busters that was up in the $75 range before Corona and now you can grab for around $10?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Read about what happens to option traders when they get locked out for an entire day

It’s amazing how easy some companies make option trading seem.

It’s like you can’t lose.

You either get the income or you buy the stock you want at a lower price. Win win no matter which way the stock goes.

If it was that easy, everyone would be doing it

Reaction Score
What are thoughts on stocks like say a Dave & busters that was up in the $75 range before Corona and now you can grab for around $10?
High risk, high reward. I don't see a place like that weathering the storm here unless they have a lot of cash.

Reaction Score
Now that many other brokerages offer free trading- what’s the sell for using robin hood?

Reaction Score
great app too. Cash management account is terrific. Only drawback is no in-person deposits. But I really like it. Free atms anywhere, and they reimburse the fee.
There's a handful of places near me I can do a deposit in person. Only ever done it once since I had a physical check but the electronic transferring is great and fast.

Reaction Score
Company employee stock purchase plans, with a lookback...where you set aside money from your paycheck for a time period, and at the end, buy shares at 10% off of either the current price, or of the price at the beginning, whichever is lower. Is there any reason NOT to participate? There's no holding requirement, so how can it not be a minimum 10% gainer?

the Q

Reaction Score
Company employee stock purchase plans, with a lookback...where you set aside money from your paycheck for a time period, and at the end, buy shares at 10% off of either the current price, or of the price at the beginning, whichever is lower. Is there any reason NOT to participate? There's no holding requirement, so how can it not be a minimum 10% gainer?

If you’re At Simon properties? Or many other companies whose stock isn’t close to what it was pre plague.

Long term you’re probably fine. Just saying nothing is perfect. But yeah, that seems like a good idea if you work for a solid company with a solid financial balance sheet.

the Q

Reaction Score
Days like yesterday are why I hate the arbitrary contribution limits for my Roth.

Reaction Score
Theta ( the company I mentioned previously) went from .07 to .44 since I posted. They released thetafuel and popped. I know no one prob is taking anyone’s advice but I kinda hope a few of my boneyard brothers grabbed some.

Reaction Score
Theta ( the company I mentioned previously) went from .07 to .44 since I posted. They released thetafuel and popped. I know no one prob is taking anyone’s advice but I kinda hope a few of my boneyard brothers grabbed some.

I was looking for theta, but couldn't find where to buy it. What exchange you using?

Reaction Score
I was looking for theta, but couldn't find where to buy it. What exchange you using?
It’s not the easiest to purchase. We use bittrex- which can be a pain in the ass to navigate.

Reaction Score
My airline stocks (UAL, LUV, DAL) have been a rollercoaster.

Since buying in late April and early May, I went down about 20%, now up about 10%, with the gains all within the last 6-7 trading days.

Reaction Score
I'm back to being a moron after killing it last week with my tech stocks getting plastered today. Seems like rotation has stronger chance to hold than the last time (was it last week or about 2 weeks ago) the broad market was up and tech couldn't find a bid.

It's such a crowded trade but nothing has largely worked outside of tech for so long. Maybe time to go back to diversification after several years of turning my nose at it!

@Tenspro2002 you have people like me missing the run in your travel names and having to chase a bit. I can only imagine the big institutions having that issue on a much larger scale.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My airline stocks (UAL, LUV, DAL) have been a rollercoaster.

Since buying in late April and early May, I went down about 20%, now up about 10%, with the gains all within the last 6-7 trading days.

Helluva a roller coast ride today.

1590525598490.png

Reaction Score
Helluva a roller coast ride today.

View attachment 54743

Today was nice. Last Monday was really nice. The two weeks before that were by and large awful. Buying and selling airline stocks is not for the faint of heart these days. Seems like every day is at least 5% up or down, and sometimes a lot more than that.

I really need to see them clear resistance levels though, otherwise this is just the latest peak in a down trend.

At least I didn't buy HTZ.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Definitely go all in on those in my experience. I don't have one anymore, but I did for about 15 years. The only downside is that the tax filing is a bit of a pain.

Reaction Score
Smart man. You should easily triple that if you plan on hold for >5 years. I bought at $25 myself in March.

That's what I'm hoping. I got in on DAL around $21-22. UAL and LUV around $28-29. (Should have waited on UAL and bought in May instead of April and really could have cashed in.)

Today has just been stupid. The intraday range is like 12%. That's almost the range for the entire year before February. You can make or lose a lot of money if you're off by a few hours, nevermind weeks or months.

Reaction Score
That's what I'm hoping. I got in on DAL around $21-22. UAL and LUV around $28-29. (Should have waited on UAL and bought in May instead of April and really could have cashed in.)

Today has just been stupid. The intraday range is like 12%. That's almost the range for the entire year before February. You can make or lose a lot of money if you're off by a few hours, nevermind weeks or months.

There’s no way DAL and UAL don’t double within 5 years. Even the worst estimates say flying won’t return to pre-virus levels for 3 years. I think they return to normal in about 18-24 months and once they do, the airlines will go right back up quickly.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Today it seems to be at .0123 down 22%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom