Stock trading | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Stock trading

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
People can buy fractional shares now. This thread is so dangerous with the misinformation and poor takes.

I have friends who have bragged to me about option trades they made that have yielded 300%+ returns in a day, only after to find they are only making trades at a couple hundred dollars each (and never talking about the losses). I feel like this thread is the same thing.

Love that people are excited about investing, it’s my number 1 hobby, but always got to take the info random people give with a grain of salt unless they are willing to share everything (how much they are investing, what they are investing in, what their return is, etc.)

That’s why as “boring” and “out date” as Buffett is, he will always be the greatest investor. Risked it all, always showed his hand and has always had outsized returns.

Reaction Score
Frustrating day for me watching the major indexes all go up big and actually lose a little $ due to the small amount of stock I held Friday being work from home stocks and actually going down. I made 3.5 quick points on Peloton though the other day and felt good that it sold off 4 today after I sold it.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
What does everyone here feel about the precious metals market??? (P.S. Thats my forte!!)
Get as much as you can, while you can. A couple of weeks ago you couldn’t buy any online (Without a minimum purchase of ~$400) or find any at the local coin store. I went into a store recently and the guy goes, “the days of cheap silver are over.” I’ve been investing in metal mining companies and other metal production services. Metals and cryptocurrencies are where I’ve been focusing.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
My problem with ripple ( I own some but not one of my heavies) is that it is centralized. I think all banks are going to move to a blockchain- just not sure they will stick with ripple. I actually think blockchain might be bad for banks - why pay all those fees when you can have your money on a secure blockchain and access it at will- transfer it free ect....
Monero is a good call- it’s going to make a huge run and the privacy aspect is intriguing.
I personally think that bit coin cash could - at some point - get to .5 a bit coin. More of a long hold though.
Ether is a good hold - I’m guessing a run up into the high hundreds next time market runs.
NEO is another favorite currency of mine.
I mentioned it earlier but theta is a good company ( crypto) for a long term hold as well.
This is the only part of the market I find interesting right now.
In the traditional markets I got in early on Amazon Apple, google, Microsoft - (lots of tech companies)- I’m shocked at the levels but my people tell me it’s still where I need to be- so I’m chillin and focused on the next wave of crypto projects.
Ripple is decentralized but it is going to be the bridge to allow thousands and thousands of lightening fast transactions between banks, for remittances, the bridge between central banks, the bridge between the digital dollar to digital pound etc. Very cheap now and should skyrocket

Reaction Score
I have friends who have bragged to me about option trades they made that have yielded 300%+ returns in a day, only after to find they are only making trades at a couple hundred dollars each (and never talking about the losses). I feel like this thread is the same thing.

Love that people are excited about investing, it’s my number 1 hobby, but always got to take the info random people give with a grain of salt unless they are willing to share everything (how much they are investing, what they are investing in, what their return is, etc.)

That’s why as “boring” and “out date” as Buffett is, he will always be the greatest investor. Risked it all, always showed his hand and has always had outsized returns.
Lot of good info in here. A lot of the smart money piled into stay at home stocks and yesterday in a thousand point Dow rally, a lot of accounts were barely up (I'm not smart money but my trading account was only up 0.5% yesterday). So to say this is easy is the understatement of the century.

I don't think the stocks that had been holding the market up are done, but if they continue to be distributed and the laggards continue to run, you have to be willing to adjust. That is one of the hard ones in investing. Admitting when wrong. Only price matters.

Reaction Score

Most amateur investors are just like most gamblers. They lie about their returns and their losses.

Reaction Score
So I fat fingered selling 50 into selling 500 @ $22.25 today. I still have a pit in my stomach as its now $2 more. Thats one of the casualties of day trading while watching an infant and working. I had been DCA'ing the last 3 weeks and peppered it under $20. I need a dump badly tomorrow as I'm sitting all cash after today.

Brutal.

I'm mostly holding for the long term and buying the dips. Not looking to sell much other than a few crappy funds I've been wanting to get out of for a while, but I'll wait until the market fully recovers before doing that.

Reaction Score
Gilead would be a great move. I called it before remdesivir studies looked positive and now that they look pretty good and the approval is secure, it seems even better. They also have other good products.
Today alone they’re up almost $3 or over 3% (and the rest of the market is down...biotech stocks are usually pretty solid as well.
Gilead has been terrible. I bought it at like 83/84 and sold it for no gain. I jumped back in when I knew remdesivir was being approved and all it's done is bleed every day since. They just give away all the drug to the gov't and screw the shareholders. I'm going to have to sit holding these bags hoping it has a reversal at some point.

Reaction Score
Ripple is decentralized but it is going to be the bridge to allow thousands and thousands of lightening fast transactions between banks, for remittances, the bridge between central banks, the bridge between the digital dollar to digital pound etc. Very cheap now and should skyrocket
I here you but there is a circulating supply of 44 Billion and a total supply of almost 100 billion. While those are not huge numbers if used by banks it still is a pretty high multiple if you are looking for it to skyrocket. If it hits $1 you would be looking at a 44 Billion- 99Billion valuation ( I know serious math). The projects with really high supplies will take longer to add value IMHO but certainly could be a good long term investment.

Reaction Score
So I fat fingered selling 50 into selling 500 @ $22.25 today. I still have a pit in my stomach as its now $2 more. Thats one of the casualties of day trading while watching an infant and working. I had been DCA'ing the last 3 weeks and peppered it under $20. I need a dump badly tomorrow as I'm sitting all cash after today.

Actually THE casualty of day trading is day trading.

Reaction Score
Besides Robinhood, what services do you guys use?

Don't use Robinhood, I use Webull and Tradeview.

And to the OP, I have made a living the past couple of weeks trading CODX and Tesla

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Don't use Robinhood, I use Webull and Tradeview.

And to the OP, I have made a living the past couple of weeks trading CODX and Tesla
Why not Robinhood?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Why not Robinhood?
I can't confirm but I think their site has gone down a lot especially on volatile days? Like yesterday when the market was taking off, people couldn't get orders in.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Think or swim needs an instruction manual. Lol
Yeah I took a quick look at it for sh!ts and giggles but got a headache after 3 minutes.

Reaction Score
Get as much as you can, while you can. A couple of weeks ago you couldn’t buy any online (Without a minimum purchase of ~$400) or find any at the local coin store. I went into a store recently and the guy goes, “the days of cheap silver are over.” I’ve been investing in metal mining companies and other metal production services. Metals and cryptocurrencies are where I’ve been focusing.

I was heavily invested in the miners as of recently but sold out before the Corona Virus made it mainstream. I honestly don't know how much their production will be affected. I decided to pick up some physical. Will probably go back in and get some tickers>> SAND, AG, AUY, HMY among some others. The gold streaming companies will do really well of which SAND is the next gem that will probably breakout. BTW did you graduate in 2011???

Reaction Score
I am a Ripple bull

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was heavily invested in the miners as of recently but sold out before the Corona Virus made it mainstream. I honestly don't know how much their production will be affected. I decided to pick up some physical. Will probably go back in and get some tickers>> SAND, AG, AUY, HMY among some others. The gold streaming companies will do really well of which SAND is the next gem that will probably breakout. BTW did you graduate in 2011???

Only mining stock I have is RIO. Was down, has come back some. I keep it for the dividend yield.

Reaction Score
I use fidelity, it's free trades as well.

great app too. Cash management account is terrific. Only drawback is no in-person deposits. But I really like it. Free atms anywhere, and they reimburse the fee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom