OT: Stock trading | Page 54 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
[
Zap Protocol partners with the University of Connecticut (UConn) School of Engineering to educate and train a team of computer science seniors on DeFi and crypto-economics. UConn students will develop and deploy oracles using Zap Protocol.

Reaction Score
I don’t disagree John. I’d throw Comcast in that mix too. Both have been impacted significantly by their theme parks being shut down. Comcast also lost the 2020 Olympics, which is a huge event for them. With Peacock launching in July, Olympics in 2021, strong mobile subscriber growth and huge broadband demand, I wouldn’t be surprised to see that at 55-60 within a year or two, a gain of 50-70%.
Another good cable stock is Charter Communications.

Reaction Score
What’re your thoughts on PINS? It’s been on a crazy run these last few months.
I like it and missed it. I remember its first breakout to the mid 30s, and kick myself for not getting in then. I’ll add that to my list of names I like but am afraid to chase along with ETSY, TTD, SNOW (sold at 240) APPN and a few others.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I saw it shot up within last couple of weeks. do you still recommend it at its current price?
Other people would have to answer that but I got in at a little over $2 and held. Everything’s going to have a correction soon. I’ll still probably add

Reaction Score
I bought SPAC KCAC a while back at $18, I was pretty hyped about solid state battery technology - their merger with QS went through yesterday, the stock under the ticker symbol QS closed at $37.

Reaction Score
That's a great point. The friction costs are gone and, of course, technology makes everything much easier and faster. Everything else being equal, I would think those two factors increase volatility since trading volumes are some much higher.
Absolutely it adds to the volume and volatility. I don’t know about you guys, but I looked at one of my days recently and was shocked that I’d made seven moves! Ha ha. It’s so easy to trade or tinker with portfolios now that volume and volatility is bound to follow.

Reaction Score
Curious for the guys on here who trade, which stocks have you had success with? Other than DOCU this Summer, I haven’t found a stock I feel like I know inside and out well enough to trade. My friend trades full time and primarily focuses on FB and one or two more big cap tech stocks. I’d classify my recent trading as more week trading, as I pick up good names that sell off and sell a portion a week or two later. Thanks for input.

Reaction Score
I’m starting to slowly get out of WORK and collect my earnings before any acquisition stuff fully surfaces.
I just sold WORK (seems like a bit too soon, its still going up), and got in on NNDM. Considered safer options AMD and RUN.

So my current positions are:
NIO
PLTR
NNDM

open to suggestions, as always :) Thanks!

Reaction Score
I just sold WORK (seems like a bit too soon, its still going up), and got in on NNDM. Considered safer options AMD and RUN.

NIO
PLTR
NNDM

Those are exactly the same 3 that I hold.

I got in NIO at 42
I got in PLTR at 18
I got in at NNDM this morning at 6.25 or so. (I've been in and out of this one, but decided to go back in and hold long term now)

Reaction Score

NIO
PLTR
NNDM

I added to APPS today, has been super strong lately, broke out today. I also love CRNC. If you want longterm plays, I love the fintech stocks SQ, MELI and PYPL.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
So if they delist Chinese companies from the NYSE, what happens to our stocks we purchased?

Reaction Score
So if they delist Chinese companies from the NYSE, what happens to our stocks we purchased?

you still have them, but can't trade them on the platforms that you currently use. So the value of the stock, IMO, will plummet.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
EV stocks went on sale this morning.
Been buying Plug and Blink. Some manufacturing companies but more so companies that make the specific parts/ batteries/metals, etc

Reaction Score
Sold off my disney at a near 52 week high yesterday (154.00). Now trying to figure out where to put those funds next... I want a semi-high upside play, but not so speculative that there's a chance a lose it all. I have more than enough stuff in very high-risk category.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Sold off my disney at a near 52 week high yesterday (154.00). Now trying to figure out where to put those funds next... I want a semi-high upside play, but not so speculative that there's a chance a lose it all. I have more than enough stuff in very high-risk category.

What does semi high upside mean? 33%? 100%?

Reaction Score
What does semi high upside mean? 33%? 100%?

Not a startup level of volatility and upside, but not a slow and steady dividend stock either. So like 40-60% realistic upside over the next 12-18 months.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Not a startup level of volatility and upside, but not a slow and steady dividend stock either. So like 40-60% realistic upside over the next 12-18 months.

Are you interested in one that could be both? Lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom