OT: Stock trading | Page 52 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
haha :oops: told ya I'm a newbie :) Thanks!

Okay ... so next dumb question ... Ya'll are talking about ETH (Ethereum) ... it's showing up as Ethan Allen
Haha. Wouldn’t it be funny if Ethan Allen stock shot through the roof as people thought they were buying Ethereum. XRP is red hot, up to 54 cents from 30 only a couple days ago.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Potential. Big data analytics is the future. But the real selling point is the leadership. It’s is like the who’s who of tech capitalists; Cohen, Theil, Carp.
Like $FSLY?

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20201123-211344_Message+.jpg

Reaction Score
I wish I understood what all of that meant. Service agreement requests? External adapters? Can someone help me understand crypto I really want to know

Just type into YouTube what is chainlink and let your journey begin

Reaction Score
I'll translate. Company is not fully operational and yet has a strong value even at this stage in its development. Once the company starts interacting in a meaningful way- there is a good chance for further appreciation in the price.

Reaction Score
Coinbase is very easy to use and set up. 10 minutes.
Coinbase requires a cell phone, I'm the last adult on earth w/o a cell phone :)
Uphold was super easy to sign up for, but had issues linking my bank account, and wouldn't let me add a credit card for some reason.
So 3rd time's a charm ... signed up with Robinhood. Linked the same bank account that uphold had issues with, and purchased a share of ETH and a few shares of LTC. Unfortunately they don't allow purchases of XRP. I'll retry with Uphold later to see if I can get some XRP.

Thanks for the help guys!

Reaction Score
Coinbase requires a cell phone, I'm the last adult on earth w/o a cell phone :)
Uphold was super easy to sign up for, but had issues linking my bank account, and wouldn't let me add a credit card for some reason.
So 3rd time's a charm ... signed up with Robinhood. Linked the same bank account that uphold had issues with, and purchased a share of ETH and a few shares of LTC. Unfortunately they don't allow purchases of XRP. I'll retry with Uphold later to see if I can get some XRP.

Thanks for the help guys!
I believe if you chose NOT to have two factor security you can still sign up for Coinbase- I might be wrong- anyone?
XRP is on a rip- prob be able to buy in at some point if it corrects a little before continuing to run. We have been waiting for a protracted bull market and this could be it - if not there should be some times where market corrects and allows a little lower entry point on some projects- however it might keep running. Best thing to do is nibble on them over time so you can DCA any fluctuations if you want to play it safe.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The market is ridiculous today.

Still think we get a small sell off tomorrow becuase traders won’t want to hold over the holiday.

But it’s overinflated so much that it barely matters.

Reaction Score
The market is ridiculous today.

Still think we get a small sell off tomorrow becuase traders won’t want to hold over the holiday.

But it’s overinflated so much that it barely matters.
I think it’s one of those misleading days though. Indexes are up big but a lot of my stocks are down. Glad I hedged tech with airlines, Carnival and JPM recently.

the Q

Reaction Score
I think it’s one of those misleading days though. Indexes are up big but a lot of my stocks are down. Glad I hedged tech with airlines, Carnival and JPM recently.

Everything in my portfolio is up besides Pfizer

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Everything in my portfolio is up besides Pfizer

FUV is down big. Glad I sold yesterday and locked in my 130% gains. Not bad for about 6 weeks.

I may start taking profits, but I'm already holding a lot of cash and interest rates aren't making anything else appealing. Ultimately I think that's the basis of this run, there is no place for money to go. Nobody starting small businesses right now either, it's equities or hold cash. Commodities may make some sense.

the Q

Reaction Score
FUV is down big. Glad I sold yesterday and locked in my 130% gains. Not bad for about 6 weeks.

I may start taking profits, but I'm already holding a lot of cash and interest rates aren't making anything else appealing. Ultimately I think that's the basis of this run, there is no place for money to go. Nobody starting small businesses right now either, it's equities or hold cash. Commodities may make some sense.

Yeah I have one huge loss I bought right before the plague hit (MAC) that could cover most of my gains in my brokerage account

I may do that and hold some big time cash for what should be at least another small dip with some lockdowns coming

Reaction Score
Yeah I have one huge loss I bought right before the plague hit (MAC) that could cover most of my gains in my brokerage account

I may do that and hold some big time cash for what should be at least another small dip with some lockdowns coming
I think the expected lockdowns are already factored into the market as it typically looks out 6 months or greater. I think money will remain in the market but bounce around between sectors. I’ll look for opportunities to rebalance my portfolio to be at least 30% recovery and the rest tech. Right now it’s probably 85/15.

the Q

Reaction Score
I think the expected lockdowns are already factored into the market as it typically looks out 6 months or greater. I think money will remain in the market but bounce around between sectors. I’ll look for opportunities to rebalance my portfolio to be at least 30% recovery and the rest tech. Right now it’s probably 85/15.

There’s no way it’s already factored in when we’re getting into the pre plague numbers again

Reaction Score
We started discussing this in another thread so I decided to start a new thread. Would love to know what sectors and stocks people are in, with successes and if you want to share, bad trades or holds. My brief story below:

Traded a lot from 99-01 but volatility of Dot Com Market collapse forced me out with a decent profit. Fast forward19 years, I dove back in at the bottom in March. Had some success trading Comcast the first week, got caught in a bad trade with Citrix. Had an initial wishlist of NFLX, DOCU, Roku and Comcast. Didn’t pull the trigger quickly enough and watched most run away. Roku and Gartner I’ve been in and out of but just can’t seem to win on them. Two big winners have been DocuSign and Five Nine Inc (FIVN). I’m out now except for a small position in DocuSign, as I expect tech stocks to sell off soon and want to be ready to buy on dip.

Stocks Im looking at adding:
MSFT
AMZN
FB
ROKU
TWLO
FIVN
BX (Blackstone)
Tesla
OKTA
PENN
Walmart
CCL (Carnival)
IT (Gartner)

Hope someone took your advice. This portfolio (equal weight of each) would be up 74.8% since May 8th. Total market is up 27.21 from that same date so you outperformed the significantly.

Reaction Score
There’s no way it’s already factored in when we’re getting into the pre plague numbers again
Well what’s the market doing? It’s telling you otherwise. In March there was absolute uncertainty and that fear caused historic havoc. With three vaccines in the pipeline I think investors are looking past how bad the next few months could potentially be, with immense optimism about Q2 and beyond. The market will tell us who’s right.

Reaction Score
Hope someone took your advice. This portfolio (equal weight of each) would be up 74.8% since May 8th. Total market is up 27.21 from that same date so you outperformed the significantly.
Ha, thanks. Of course I shifted considerably from that list, adding and subtracting along the way. Happy to say it lead to better gains than that list thanks to overweighting on Docu, timing TSLA well and a few other moves. I enjoy sharing names with each other, I’ve learned about some good names from the board.

the Q

Reaction Score
Well what’s the market doing? It’s telling you otherwise. In March there was absolute uncertainty and that fear caused historic havoc. With three vaccines in the pipeline I think investors are looking past how bad the next few months could potentially be, with immense optimism about Q2 and beyond. The market will tell us who’s right.

I’m just saying that it’s been irrationally climbing forever months with zero justification. If there’s another lock down it’s likely going down again, but I said it wouldn’t be match bad again

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom