OT: Stock trading | Page 48 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Looking for energy stocks. Both established and ones that have the potential to breakout
MMP is trading at 35.81 right now highs early this year were 65.00. It’s basically stores and distributes oil and is a middle man. Demand sucks right now but eventually it will be back. Also has an attractive dividend

Reaction Score
Just
just relaying some news of potential interest. Link
Screenshot_20201027-133240_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
anyone have WKHS? Bought it at $17, currently at $28.50 now. USPS decision is tomorrow. If they get awarded the contract it will boom, if not it could crumble. I've heard mixed things but what do people following this think?
Never heard of it

Reaction Score
Thinking of buying some apple today. Good idea? I'm wondering if the election outcome will have an impact. Might be a quick in and out for me.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Thinking of buying some apple today. Good idea? I'm wondering if the election outcome will have an impact. Might be a quick in and out for me.

I bought some a couple of weeks ago. I would not buy it or anything else as a short term investment right now. Volatility is through the roof. If you think the fundamentals are sound, then pull the trigger.

I would encourage people to envision the covid and post covid world. What will people and businesses need? What will they rely upon? What may be replaced by something else? Stock trading is a losing game. Investing in a business is the winning game. That is my experience anyway.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I bought some a couple of weeks ago. I would not buy it or anything else as a short term investment right now. Volatility is through the roof. If you think the fundamentals are sound, then pull the trigger.

I would encourage people to envision the covid and post covid world. What will people and businesses need? What will they rely upon? What may be replaced by something else? Stock trading is a losing game. Investing in a business is the winning game. That is my experience anyway.

I agree. Apple is a good buy and hold.

I think Cisco and HPE are as well.

I’m really curious what IBM looks like after the spinoff.

Plus you can’t go wrong with consumer defensives stocks either.

I think Altria is a bargain because when weed becomes legal, they are going to pump it out like cigs in the 70s.

And you get like a 9% dividend yield to wait

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
I agree. Apple is a good buy and hold.

I think Cisco and HPE are as well.

I’m really curious what IBM looks like after the spinoff.

Plus you can’t go wrong with consumer defensives stocks either.

I think Altria is a bargain because when weed becomes legal, they are going to pump it out like cigs in the 70s.

And you get like a 9% dividend yield to wait

Do you think the 9% dividend will make up for any further decrease in stock price? It’s been tumbling for years. I did grab 9 stocks this morning while things are down and volatile. Hoping 2-3 years from now it could be looking nice.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I know you're referencing another guy here but I personally feel, and I have no data to prove this so it's just a hunch, that we could see a pre-election event that causes the market to pull back again in the fall after this big run up. Be it a resurgence in Covid and businesses being locked down again, earnings releases being worse than expected or Godzilla appearing out of nowhere and wreaking havoc, I'm a bit weary of what's going on in the world these days so I may lock in some of these gains soon and leave it in cash for a while
Replying to my own comment from June.

Dow on track for worst month since March. -WSJ

Last edited:

the Q

Reaction Score
Do you think the 9% dividend will make up for any further decrease in stock price? It’s been tumbling for years. I did grab 9 stocks this morning while things are down and volatile. Hoping 2-3 years from now it could be looking nice.

Yes. Absolutely. But it depends what you’re doing. I wouldn’t mind a drop cause that means I drip more shares.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yes. Absolutely. But it depends what you’re doing. I wouldn’t mind a drop cause that means I drip more shares.

Yes. I am getting walloped right now. But this may be a buying opportunity soon.

the Q

Reaction Score
Yes. I am getting walloped right now. But this may be a buying opportunity soon.

Just think about how much more your shares will be worth with cheaper drip now when weed is inevitably legalized

Reaction Score
I had a friend tell me about NIO last November. I bought at $2 dollars. It went up to $5 dollars and dropped to $2. I thought it was a pump and dump and sold at $2.70 at the March lows. My $1,200 would be nearly $26k.... it still stings

Reaction Score
NIO up up and away. Someone on here said to buy some when it was around $12. Props to them.
I was in NIO that early but don’t think it was me. Unfortunately I’ve been in and out of it several times on the run up but happy to have some again. Do you have it? What an awesome week this has been after buying back most of my stocks last Thursday. We’ll probably see some profit taking and choppiness from here but I bet we see another 5-10% by January.

Reaction Score
I was in NIO that early but don’t think it was me. Unfortunately I’ve been in and out of it several times on the run up but happy to have some again. Do you have it? What an awesome week this has been after buying back most of my stocks last Thursday. We’ll probably see some profit taking and choppiness from here but I bet we see another 5-10% by January.
I got in relatively late but a nice profit if I sell nonetheless. I might cash out and then load up on a decent pullback. While I do think this thing has crazy long term potential, I also don’t see it rocketing at this rate for long.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom