OT: Stock trading | Page 32 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Now it’s cratering.
Honest question for guys here and the guys I see on Twitter spending so much time on penny and below $5 stocks. Is the appeal simply the amount of shares you can buy of a low priced stock? I’ve been in 5 or 6 spec stocks the past month or so and when I do the math, I’m probably up a little overall on them but up way more on the quality names over that time. For me, I find it’s just not worth the time and anxiety owning these lottery tickets. I’d much rather have 2 shares of AMZN than 2000 shares of a $3 wild card but we’re all different and I respect everyone’s investment strategy,

Reaction Score
I’d say if you are looking for high multiple buying opportunities start looking at the newer crypto projects that have come on line this year. No better place to get a 10x - 20x return with very little risk over the long term.

Reaction Score
Honest question for guys here and the guys I see on Twitter spending so much time on penny and below $5 stocks. Is the appeal simply the amount of shares you can buy of a low priced stock? I’ve been in 5 or 6 spec stocks the past month or so and when I do the math, I’m probably up a little overall on them but up way more on the quality names over that time. For me, I find it’s just not worth the time and anxiety owning these lottery tickets. I’d much rather have 2 shares of AMZN than 2000 shares of a $3 wild card but we’re all different and I respect everyone’s investment strategy,
You’re absolutely correct. I learned that lesson the hard way recently. I think it’s just the adrenaline rush of being able to swing a profit so quickly. But in the end DD on these companies are so hard and retail investors create a lot of pump and dump. HTBX was just my best entry point on one of them.

I should have just bought 2 shares of TSLA at 950 instead of dicking around in penny stocks

Reaction Score
I’d say if you are looking for high multiple buying opportunities start looking at the newer crypto projects that have come on line this year. No better place to get a 10x - 20x return with very little risk over the long term.
How is crypto very little risk? It fluctuates more than anything.

Reaction Score
You’re absolutely correct. I learned that lesson the hard way recently. I think it’s just the adrenaline rush of being able to swing a profit so quickly. But in the end DD on these companies are so hard and retail investors create a lot of pump and dump. HTBX was just my best entry point on one of them.

I should have just bought 2 shares of TSLA at 950 instead of dicking around in penny stocks
Yeah. Took me a long time to learn this lesson. I got in AMZN and TSLA relatively late and have very few shares of either but have already seen great gains from both. Also have MELI and SHOP at 900 plus per share. Definitely a new strategy for me but so far so good.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Yeah. Took me a long time to learn this lesson. I got in AMZN and TSLA relatively late and have very few shares of either but have already seen great gains from both. Also have MELI and SHOP at 900 plus per share. Definitely a new strategy for me but so far so good.
I have 7-10 core holdings like Apple, Nvidia, Boeing, Tesla, etc that I'll most likely never sell and just keep adding on dips. I've tried to catch lighting in a bottle with a couple of penny stocks over the years but it can get frustrating especially if you're watching everyday, so I've been committed to just sticking to household names that are good companies but have been beaten up over the past several months.

Reaction Score
I have 7-10 core holdings like Apple, Nvidia, Boeing, Tesla, etc that I'll most likely never sell and just keep adding on dips. I've tried to catch lighting in a bottle with a couple of penny stocks over the years but it can get frustrating especially if you're watching everyday, so I've been committed to just sticking to household names that are good companies but have been beaten up over the past several months.
It’s a great strategy. I have about 18 stocks now but a few somewhat speculative ones and ones I have small positions in. I plan to get down to 10 to 12 and do exactly as you prescribe on pullbacks or if funds allow for me to add to them, This is my core for now: LVGO, MSFT, DOCU, TSLA, AMZN, FB, TWLO, SHOP, FSLY, SPLK, PTON, PYPL, SQ, MELI, DDOG. I probably need to balance a bit better as its mostly tech now. These are names I can see me owning another 10-20 years though, with an occasional IPO like Snowflake added in,

Reaction Score
Great call on NOVN
Yeah it picked up .50 cents yesterday after I brought. Its good money if you want to risk buying 10000 shares ($7000) or so, and selling. My issue with that amount, is that could become addictive, with constant checking, phone alerts and the eventually emotional rollercoaster. With pennies you have guys buying 500k and 1 million shares without blinking, and when they sell they mess up the price. Their profit taking manipulates the price. Its not for the faint of heart.

So I trade in much smaller amounts in pennies, like I said mainly for my daughters student loan payoff. It not a retirement plan.

Reaction Score
It was announced Pfizer signed a deal with a US govt agency for up to 600MM doses of their vaccine. Will be offered for free to the public. Initial procurement 100MM doses at 2BB, $20/dose.

Reaction Score
How is crypto very little risk? It fluctuates more than anything.
Good question.
I do not trade most of my stocks or crypto. I am a buy and hold investor for the most part. If you can hold these crypto projects for 2-5 years there is almost no chance whatsoever that your investment will decrease if you are in the right things.
New higher bottoms have been consistently tested over the last few years and I think those bottoms will continue to move to higher levels. I believe this has taken much of the downside risk from the market long term.
Also I think it’s much more difficult to find a stock that will 5x then picking a crypto whose historical high is a 5x from its current levels. There is 100% agreement in the crypto community that the historic highs for many projects will be reached again and at some point surpassed.

Reaction Score
I read this thread with a combination of amazement and terror.

I adhere to the laws of physics which includes the laws of gravity.....but I may be a dinosaur......maybe.....

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
Does anyone know how to contact Bankers Union Life Insurance Company? My late wife had a certificate for a few shares of stock dated 1982 and I've had no luck in finding out anything. Thanks for any info.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Got in today finally. Has doubled in a month. Been in it long? Energy stocks are red hot now. I also got in BE today too.
I was in it then sold it like an idiot. Then got back into it when it started rising. I didn't get any $VSLR and regret it. Getting $MARK now

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I have no clue if any of this is true but a lot of $link fanatics are saying $link is partnering with some big time companies

Reaction Score
It was announced Pfizer signed a deal with a US govt agency for up to 600MM doses of their vaccine. Will be offered for free to the public. Initial procurement 100MM doses at 2BB, $20/dose.

I jumped in yesterday, first thing in the am. Got it at 37.97. Get rich off COVID. Buy when there's blood in the streets, my friend.

Reaction Score
I have no clue if any of this is true but a lot of $link fanatics are saying $link is partnering with some big time companies
Hearing same thing-also Musk mentioned Tesla is going to use them for issuing some insurance of some kind yesterday.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I jumped in yesterday, first thing in the am. Got it at 37.97. Get rich off COVID. Buy when there's blood in the streets, my friend.

it was 33 like 2 weeks ago.

Reaction Score
it was 33 like 2 weeks ago.
Been buying the dips 29-33 the last 5 years within an IRA. Sold a bit in 2018-19 while in the 40s. Dumping their poorer performers/otc into Mylan will help also. They spun off and created ZTS which has performed well. The investment person I work with seems to think it has more leg and if they deliver on the first 100MM, perception alone will drive it higher.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom