OT: Stock trading | Page 31 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
A lot of crypto people are saying the next two weeks will be big for XRP and Link. It could be something big or it could be then just getting their engagements up. We’ll see

Reaction Score
Such a fraud company IMO. Very thankful to get a 30 point gain and bail on it.
Do you mean because the warrants that were issued as part of the SPAC structure could be exercised as of today? Or do you mean something else?

That's a very normal part of how a SPAC is structured. IPO participants in the SPAC get warrants for 1/3 of a share for each share purchased at a exercise price of $11.50. So, if investing in the result of a SPAC merger, that kind of dilution should be built in to your valuation. You could see what was coming as the warrants have been trading (NKLAW) at around $25/share, valued ($25 + $11.50) well below the $50/share price on the stock.

The crazy part to me is that this dilution wasn't priced in well before this.

Reaction Score
This market is beyond bizarre. S&P is up for the year in the midst of a pandemic with no timeline in place for returning to normal economic activity. I usually never try to time the market and I buy and hold based on fundamentals. I'm a third cash/cash equiv. and heading to half. This one could be a real doozy.

Reaction Score
Thank God for today’s tech bounce. IBM had good earnings after the close too with Tesla, AMZN, MSFT due to report soon. LVGO continues to be a beast. I’ve stepped off the ledge after a brutal week last week.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thank God for today’s tech bounce. IBM had good earnings after the close too with Tesla, AMZN, MSFT due to return soon. I’ve stepped off the ledge after a brutal week last week.

Exactly, after last week I was depressed, but knew things would bounce. Great day today.

Reaction Score
Thank God for today’s tech bounce. IBM had good earnings after the close too with Tesla, AMZN, MSFT due to return soon. I’ve stepped off the ledge after a brutal week last week.
You and me both. Wow last week was brutal seeing all the crap go up and tech struggle so much esp with things getting tighter and more locked down and restrictive which should help tech. Let's hope tomorrow is a continuation.

Reaction Score
Watch HTBX....some big jumps in the past few days....vaccine related stock....closed around $3.60 today.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
This market is beyond bizarre. S&P is up for the year in the midst of a pandemic with no timeline in place for returning to normal economic activity. I usually never try to time the market and I buy and hold based on fundamentals. I'm a third cash/cash equiv. and heading to half. This one could be a real doozy.

I feel you.
And I hope you’re right cause I’m holding a little bit of power cause I was an idiot and sold off Altria at 36-37 and I hate myself for it so bad right now

Reaction Score
You and me both. Wow last week was brutal seeing all the crap go up and tech struggle so much esp with things getting tighter and more locked down and restrictive which should help tech. Let's hope tomorrow is a continuation.
Futures are looking good. I’d gladly take a modest continuation of today. MSFT and TSLA earnings Wed will be extremely important.

Reaction Score
I'm doing Covid related pharma right now, and mostly penny stock. The good thing about those stocks is the daily gain earnings. Meaning if you time it right you can grow a sizable portfolio, but its volatile and requires constant monitoring. Investors buy/sell millions of shares in hours, taking out profits constantly.

Had Vaxart (VXRT) at $1 sold it at $2.5 and celebrated. Should have held it, which like I said penny stocks are crazy. This was probably my biggest opportunity cost loss.

I also brought IBIO at .46 last year sold it at around a dollar. Celebrated then too. I then went back in and brought a sizable chunk at $1.86 a few months ago and decided to hold, even when it dipped down to 87 cents or so. So glad I kept it. At this rate I'll pay off my daughter's student loan debt (she referred the stock to me).

NOVN and TTNP, I have positions in both. Just saying with pennies if done right you can do well. I've made $700 overnight in one day. The other benefit is that when you lose money, you don't lose a lot. I also want to add you need a trading platform allowing you to take advantage of after hour activities, mainly the ability to sell. I use Robinhood for that and also day trading.

I use Ally and TD Ameritrade for my long term investments (i.e. holds) including mutual funds.

Not bragging at all, just informing.

Reaction Score
I'm doing Covid related pharma right now, and mostly penny stock. The good thing about those stocks is the daily gain earnings. Meaning if you time it right you can grow a sizable portfolio, but its volatile and requires constant monitoring. Investors buy/sell millions of shares in hours, taking out profits constantly.

Had Vaxart (VXRT) at $1 sold it at $2.5 and celebrated. Should have held it, which like I said penny stocks are crazy. This was probably my biggest opportunity cost loss.

I also brought IBIO at .46 last year sold it at around a dollar. Celebrated then too. I then went back in and brought a sizable chunk at $1.86 a few months ago and decided to hold, even when it dipped down to 87 cents or so. So glad I kept it. At this rate I'll pay off my daughter's student loan debt (she referred the stock to me).

NOVN and TTNP, I have positions in both. Just saying with pennies if done right you can do well. I've made $600 overnight in one day. The other benefit is that when you lose money, you don't lose a lot.

I agree with your points. The issue I have is being so busy with my job that the constant monitoring is so tough.

Reaction Score

NOVN and TTNP, I have positions in both. Just saying with pennies if done right you can do well. I've made $700 overnight in one day. The other benefit is that when you lose money, you don't lose a lot. I also want to add you need a trading platform allowing you to take advantage of after hour activities, mainly the ability to sell. I use Robinhood for that and also day trading.

I use Ally and TD Ameritrade for my long term investments (i.e. holds) including mutual funds.

I too have been kicked in the mouth by Vaxart

Reaction Score
I'm playing all these COVID penny plays. Just a little here and there, but easily worth ones while if you take your time to learn.

Reaction Score
Feeling good about having gotten in on HAL at 11.92 a few weeks ago. My hope is that if it clears the level it spiked to in early June, it's clear sailing back to the $20 range.

CCL and the other travel stocks have fizzled out. I'll still hold it, but this is not going to be a short-term winner.

I've held onto a good amount of cash expecting the party to be over sometime, but it's just not happening. I should have been more aggressive on the cocaine-binge tech stocks and taken more flyers on biotech, just too conservative.

Reaction Score
I meant their earnings.
I won’t guess on actual earnings per share or revenue but I think their cloud revenue will be huge, and Teams subscriber growth massive. I added more today in anticipation.

Reaction Score
Yup, the WuHu Flu is really pumping up the pharma/bio tech stocks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom