OT: Stock trading | Page 28 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Oil futures currently getting pumped back up over $40, "usually" bodes well for the general trend of the market, next day.

Reaction Score
I have used Fidelity for years and have not looked at other platforms for quite some time.
Fidelity has some zero cost ETFs. Have him buy and hold some total market shares to compare against his trading.

Reaction Score
Oil futures currently getting pumped back up over $40, "usually" bodes well for the general trend of the market, next day.
If that’s the case, please let oil futures be way down because today was brutal. Hope you guys fared better than me today.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Same thing @uconndogs. Buying and holding is “trading.” No need to split hairs.

And I would totally encourage your kid to do this @tiger8mush. What a way to learn about saving, consumer trends, and the market in general. And if he takes a loss, that’s a good lesson too. Teach him about divesting as well! It’s also a good way to bond. Robinhood is all you need for this - I use it, and for this, I’d recommend it.

There is a big difference between trading and buy and hold investing.

A very big difference.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
There is a big difference between trading and buy and hold investing.

A very big difference.
For us, yes, we know this. But the average person hears "trading" and doesn't know the difference between buy and hold vs. day trading. All they know is someone is in the market.

Reaction Score
If that’s the case, please let oil futures be way down because today was brutal. Hope you guys fared better than me today.
Huge swing today, crazy
Tomorrow morning Delta comes out with Q2 earnings, hold on, probably will be fugly!

Reaction Score
Oil really showing a downward slide, could be at low $30's by weeks end.

Reaction Score
Huge swing today, crazy
Tomorrow morning Delta comes out with Q2 earnings, hold on, probably will be fugly!
Futures are pretty flat after such a bad day. I think we’ll see either a small bounce in the morning and then more ugliness or a rough first hour or two and a bounce back in the afternoon. Hedge funds and option traders like to cause complete capitulation, where novice investors throw in the towel on everything. I’m not caving in though because tech and work from home stocks are still the place to be in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Futures are pretty flat after such a bad day. I think we’ll see either a small bounce in the morning and then more ugliness or a rough first hour or two and a bounce back in the afternoon. Hedge funds and option traders like to cause complete capitulation, where novice investors throw in the towel on everything. I’m not caving in though because tech and work from home stocks are still the place to be in my opinion.

After hours trading already turned many stocks around. I am hoping Cali shuts down the Tesla factory again so people dump it, LOL I will be buyer again if it drops to around $1,000

Reaction Score
After hours trading already turned many stocks around. I am hoping Cali shuts down the Tesla factory again so people dump it, LOL I will be buyer again if it drops to around $1,000
Noooooo. No dumping, ha. Turned them around how much? I had stocks down 10-20 today and up only 2-4 after hours. Hoping for a much better recovery than that.

Reaction Score
Noooooo. No dumping, ha. Turned them around how much? I had stocks down 10-20 today and up only 2-4 after hours. Hoping for a much better recovery than that.
"Usually" the afterhours trend continues in the morning premarket. I think the Chinese pump things up in the afterhours.

Reaction Score
"Usually" the afterhours trend continues in the morning premarket. I think the Chinese pump things up in the afterhours.
Asian markets are down 1-2%. I stand by my prediction that we’ll be down tomorrow, at least for part of the day. Hopefully that’s it in the near term. I’d love to be wrong though!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Asian markets are down 1-2%. I stand by my prediction that we’ll be down tomorrow, at least for part of the day. Hopefully that’s it in the near term. I’d love to be wrong though!
Yup, selling off.

Reaction Score
Yup, selling off.
Yup. Fortunately I sold some TSLA and Docu premarket at highs for the day. In for a bumpy ride today, buckle up. Played out exactly as I expected. Wish I was more liquid to buy more of the sales this morning. Added to LVGO at 92.50 though, very happy about that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Still wondering why Moderna is being hyped so much, they have never brought a vaccine to market. Pfiser is moving into phase 3 testing and has the means to actually produce and release a vaccine and the stock can't even touch it's 52 week high.

the Q

Reaction Score
Still wondering why Moderna is being hyped so much, they have never brought a vaccine to market. Pfiser is moving into phase 3 testing and has the means to actually produce and release a vaccine and the stock can't even touch it's 52 week high.

Yeah I’m wondering what I’m missing.

Really wish I bought pfe in the 33s.

35 wouldn’t be awful. It seems like a steal that low. But it hasn’t been that great (high of 40) for a while now. So it’s really not that much of a discount

Reaction Score
PFE 52 week high is %43.23

Frigging people were actually selling it off today, LOL Must be the so called Robinhood dolts.

the Q

Reaction Score
PFE 52 week high is %43.23

Frigging people were actually selling it off today, LOL Must be the so called Robinhood dolts.

Yeah. I’ve been wondering if that 2k I’ve been holding is cash is worth going to pfe. It seems underpriced, but it’s not wildly underpriced. But I’d be holding it for 35 years barring them cutting the dividend or something crazy like that

Reaction Score
Yeah. I’ve been wondering if that 2k I’ve been holding is cash is worth going to pfe. It seems underpriced, but it’s not wildly underpriced. But I’d be holding it for 35 years barring them cutting the dividend or something crazy like that

Yup, I am basically in it for the dividend.

Reaction Score
Tesla ahs been a beast, can't keep this monster down. And now I am hearing that Tesla will be putting charging stations at Waffle Houses. Shear Brilliance by Elon!!

the Q

Reaction Score
Yup, I am basically in it for the dividend.

There are probably better stocks just for the dividend. I might go with GSK just in that field.

But growth and income plays seems like it could be pretty good.

Payout ratio is a little higher than I’d like. And I think you’d see some profit limitations on a covid vax anyway. So maybe it’s not crazy?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom