OT: Stock trading | Page 26 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
I.

I bought another 500 about a week ago. Gonna maybe get a bit more and even out at 1000. I am concerned if bitcoin breaks the $9400 level and makes a run- the alts May get beat up for a few weeks ( although chainlink has been moving counter to the alts at times).
This may be a good answer for the person that asked what will be the next Amazon.

Yes! Keep stacking. It's literally going to be everywhere

Reaction Score
My experience is that you should avoid speculation investing with lesser know companies and you will do better over time purchasing technology stocks that are leaders in their respective fields.

If you are a young guy with limited means then purchase fractional shares of a tech leader,

If in doubt purchase a tech index ( XLK, SMH, etc).

If you do not favor tech then you will never hurt yourself if you invest in the S&P500 (SPY, VFINK, et al).

Good luck.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I.

I bought another 500 about a week ago. Gonna maybe get a bit more and even out at 1000. I am concerned if bitcoin breaks the $9400 level and makes a run- the alts May get beat up for a few weeks ( although chainlink has been moving counter to the alts at times).
This may be a good answer for the person that asked what will be the next Amazon.
For crypto I’ve heard for a long time that XRP (Ripple) has the potential to explode or moon as the say. Up until recently I didn’t hear much about Link but it is climbing. I had a bunch of link a year or two ago and I think sold it. Back on it now.

Reaction Score
Gotta hop on NIO honestly bought at $6 then again at $11 and it’s at $15 now and the train doesn’t seem to be stopping
I’ve been in NIO since 9.50. Sold today at 12.50 when it dropped 2.50, bought back at 13 when it found support. Already has a $15 B valuation though so I feel like it could go either way from here. I couldn’t help but add to Tesla again when it was down today.

Reaction Score
I’ve been in NIO since 9.50. Sold today at 12.50 when it dropped 2.50, bought back at 13 when it found support. Already has a $15 B valuation though so I feel like it could go either way from here. I couldn’t help but add to Tesla again when it was down today.
I’m convinced that NIO will at least double by the end of the end of the year, I also have been accumulating tesla

Reaction Score
Insurers are making out just fine with COVID. Many are doing so well that they are crediting members since utilization is down. I also work in the industry and premiums are largely going down for year 2021. Sure, COVID treatment is costly but people are avoiding the doctor for reasons other than COVID.

Curious to see if all the elective knee replacements come back in a cluster....or just slowly return to a normal cadence. Plastic surgeries, hip replacements, minor outpatient procedures like colonoscopies, etc. Will there be a point in time when people just flood the system because they've been waiting months to have it done?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Curious to see if all the elective knee replacements come back in a cluster....or just slowly return to a normal cadence. Plastic surgeries, hip replacements, minor outpatient procedures like colonoscopies, etc. Will there be a point in time when people just flood the system because they've been waiting months to have it done?
My dad had a double knee replacement scheduled for March 23rd. Obviously didnt happen then. There will be a flood.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
You’ll hear about a crisis due to the lack of staff that was laid off when there were no surgeries

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I’m convinced that NIO will at least double by the end of the end of the year, I also have been accumulating tesla
That good, huh?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Been watching ET for a while now as someone on here mentioned it. Looks interesting with a 6 handle but a little worried about the dividend with the recent pipeline news. Anyone have any opinions on it at the moment?

Reaction Score
I was happy to buy more TSLA and SHOP on sale yesterday. I feel like if NIO was going to collapse, it would have yesterday. But it found support above 12. When it closed above 13 I was convinced the run has a lot more in it. With China’s commitment to EV, I feel good about this as a longterm hold.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wells Fargo, United, and Delta are all looking good to me but I’m not in it for the super long-term so I’m skeptical. I think all 3 are locks to double within 5 years.

Reaction Score
That’s what the newbies think!
So I have a trading buddy that I met on Twitter. We text throughout the day, sharing stocks to watch etc. Recently I told him my plan to shift most of my portfolio to MSFT, AMZN etc. His response was those companies are already over $1 trillion market cap and probably “only grow” 20-30% year over year at best, ha. He said he wants to be in stocks that grow 50% or greater every year. I tried to educate him that the gains we’ve had the past 4 months are NOT typical and to be very happy with 20% gains. These younger guys don’t remember 2001 or other massive corrections and could be in for a very rude awakening.

Reaction Score
Would love to hear the one name everyone on here would hold for the next decade. I’ll start with Livongo Health (LVGO).

Reaction Score
Would love to hear the one name everyone on here would hold for the next decade. I’ll start with Livongo Health (LVGO).

Easy, TSLA.

If you could guarantee regulation is off the table, I’d say tossup between AAPL and AMZN. Both are just incredibly well run and have such strong consumer demand. But I think regulation is coming.

Reaction Score
Any of my BY peeps that do not have %10 of their assets is crypto will be sorry in 5 years. Companies- currencies- take ur pick,

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Here's hoping there's not a flood of colonoscopies.

Reaction Score
Easy, TSLA.

If you could guarantee regulation is off the table, I’d say tossup between AAPL and AMZN. Both are just incredibly well run and have such strong consumer demand. But I think regulation is coming.
Tesla and Amazon are two of my biggest holdings so I’m perfectly fine with your list.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Any of my BY peeps that do not have %10 of their assets is crypto will be sorry in 5 years. Companies- currencies- take ur pick,
XRP, BTC, ETH, XMR, Link and BAT are really the only ones I have with XRP being the most held. I don’t see BTC being as dominate in the future as it is. I think it’ll break it’s all time high but it will come down hard. Company wise I only really have MGI, WU, and BAC that use the Ripple network. I know there are other big names that use Ripple.

What crypto are you holding and interested in?
What companies do you have?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
So I have a trading buddy that I met on Twitter. We text throughout the day, sharing stocks to watch etc. Recently I told him my plan to shift most of my portfolio to MSFT, AMZN etc. His response was those companies are already over $1 trillion market cap and probably “only grow” 20-30% year over year at best, ha. He said he wants to be in stocks that grow 50% or greater every year. I tried to educate him that the gains we’ve had the past 4 months are NOT typical and to be very happy with 20% gains. These younger guys don’t remember 2001 or other massive corrections and could be in for a very rude awakening.
I've been trading since around 2006/2008. I have some friends who just started - they are part of the covid/Robinhood wave of traders. They think they can average over 20% returns every month. They also have been buying and selling on a daily basis (although some of their positions are long), and tinkering with margin and options. I laughed in their face.

Reaction Score
I've been trading since around 2006/2008. I have some friends who just started - they are part of the covid/Robinhood wave of traders. They think they can average over 20% returns every month. They also have been buying and selling on a daily basis (although some of their positions are long), and tinkering with margin and options. I laughed in their face.
I look at options like playing the hard ones on a craps table, complete sucker bets for the average investor. I’d much rather own individual stocks that will rebound if they go down. My friend also gets into a lot of these leveraged ETFs which offset all his other gains when they go south.

Reaction Score
Gilead, not sure I've ever seen a company get so much great news and never move.
I bought Gilead after hours months ago at 89 after the initial study results were announced. Sold it at a loss the next day after analysts said they didn’t expect to make much profit on the drug. Consensus is whoever develops the best drugs and vaccines will be pressured to sell just above cost as a good corporate citizen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom