OT: Stock trading | Page 25 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
I notice that Milton is no longer the CEO, he is just a board member. The poor bastard put in as the new CEO will be the scapegoat.
What!!?? Milton is out? Haha

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Back in 2013 I bought 310 shares of $NVAX at 3.51 a share. Sold it for a little over $4 a share.

Seeing at at $110 this morning has me sick.

I had a professor who told us they bought Apple at like 20 and sold it at like 50 or 60 and felt great....

...but Not anymore.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I had a professor who told us they bought Apple at like 20 and sold it at like 50 or 60 and felt great....

...but Not anymore.
Who’s going to be the next Apple or Amazon?

Reaction Score

...but Not anymore.
My dad had 2000 shares of AAPL in the mid 90s and sold around 15. It was a much different company then but it’s a shining example that the only tried and true way to build wealth from stocks is to hold names longterm.

Reaction Score
My dad had 2000 shares of AAPL in the mid 90s and sold around 15. It was a much different company then but it’s a shining example that the only tried and true way to build wealth from stocks is to hold names longterm.

But they have to be the right names.

I bought and held GE for 10 years and watched it go from 18.50 to...13.50. Lost a few hundred bucks. If instead I bought AMZN I'd have made over 20K.

Reaction Score
Back in 2013 I bought 310 shares of $NVAX at 3.51 a share. Sold it for a little over $4 a share.

Seeing at at $110 this morning has me sick.

I bought it at 4.10 back in like February? Before the virus really even set foothold here. Sold it in the 20's to quadruple my money and was happy as a clam.

Then I watched it climb and climb. Got back in at 50.00. Figured WTH. Woke up this morning and my jaw hit the table.

Reaction Score
I bought it at 4.10 back in like February? Before the virus really even set foothold here. Sold it in the 20's to quadruple my money and was happy as a clam.

Then I watched it climb and climb. Got back in at 50.00. Figured WTH. Woke up this morning and my jaw hit the table.
Fantastic, congratulations. I always pray for that one stock that someone típs me off on at 5 or below that can change my life forever. For now I’m happy to have a basket of great names that will go up over time.

Reaction Score
Fantastic, congratulations. I always pray for that one stock that someone típs me off on at 5 or below that can change my life forever. For now I’m happy to have a basket of great names that will go up over time.

I literally read maybe 5-6 articles about which companies were already out in front of a vaccine and bought Novavax and Moderna. Moderna has also done well, but I cut bait on that quite early too and never got back in.

Reaction Score
As Cramer says, you hold Apple and do not buy or sell.... although I do think you buy the big dips.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Bought Workhorse (WKHS) at $2 per share a few years back. Sold it all about a month ago at $2.50 because it felt like a scam as they constantly kept promising to deliver their first vehicles but kept running out of cash to start production.

Within 3 weeks after I sold, it shot up to over $20 per share. Would have made about $50K. I want to puke. Still think its a scam, but I wouldn't have been opposed to it giving me a 10X return before I decided to sell...

Reaction Score
Hmmm with all the negative interest rates I think everyone should peep GOLD :cool: Robinhood causing FAANG +Microsoft and Tesla to skyrocket is only going to go up for soo long before everyone gets hurt there. Let me know what you thinks peeps? Also what's the over and under of your opinion the Mens BBALL season being completed with a National Champion this year?

Reaction Score
Bought Workhorse (WKHS) at $2 per share a few years back. Sold it all about a month ago at $2.50 because it felt like a scam as they constantly kept promising to deliver their first vehicles but kept running out of cash to start production.

Within 3 weeks after I sold, it shot up to over $20 per share. Would have made about $50K. I want to puke. Still think its a scam, but I wouldn't have been opposed to it giving me a 10X return before I decided to sell...

I bought into IIPR a Marijuana REIT when it was in the teens and sold around 40, welp it went up to around 120 i think. Shoulda coulda woulda :(

Reaction Score
Chainlink up 30 % today.....time is ticking to get in before stacking is announced

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am sitting on a bunch of shares of Pfiser, the company has a history of bringing vaccines to the market, Novax and Moderna have never brought anything to market. Yet Pfisers stock keeps doing nothing.

Reaction Score

Omg! You held it two years and just sold now! What a hard luck story. I got in it too late at 18 and finally threw in the towel on remaining shares today. Doubled up on AYRO after hours tonight, hoping for a run up to 8 or 10 from 6. Probably my worst story so far was buying ZM on a pullback at 143 and selling soon after at same price. Or buying TSLA at 705 and selling after only 10 points. Those measly 10 shares cost me $7000 profit though.

Reaction Score
Who’s going to be the next Apple or Amazon?
In terms of return or product mix? I try to allocate a certain percentage to companies with market caps under $10 billion. Despite a big run recently, I think Livongo Health (LVGO) has that type of potential if they execute well and diversify enough.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20200708-081050_Coinbase.jpg

All in a month's work

Reaction Score
I.
Chainlink up 30 % today.....time is ticking to get in before stacking is announced
I bought another 500 about a week ago. Gonna maybe get a bit more and even out at 1000. I am concerned if bitcoin breaks the $9400 level and makes a run- the alts May get beat up for a few weeks ( although chainlink has been moving counter to the alts at times).
This may be a good answer for the person that asked what will be the next Amazon.

Reaction Score
Gotta hop on NIO honestly bought at $6 then again at $11 and it’s at $15 now and the train doesn’t seem to be stopping

Reaction Score
I’ve been keeping an eye on Cigna and Mastercard. Both looking pretty good to me. Cigna is down over 15% in the past month.

Reaction Score
I’ve been keeping an eye on Cigna and Mastercard. Both looking pretty good to me. Cigna is down over 15% in the past month.

Cigna is in the middle of a pretty interesting and serious period in their history.

- Purchased ExpressScripts for 54b
- Sold their Group Benefits to NY Life for 6b
- Unknowns from COVID and/or looming recession

Not sure if the M&A activity happened at a great time for them with COVID and the economy really making almost an instantaneous 180.

Reaction Score
Cigna is in the middle of a pretty interesting and serious period in their history.

- Purchased ExpressScripts for 54b
- Sold their Group Benefits to NY Life for 6b
- Unknowns from COVID and/or looming recession

Not sure if the M&A activity happened at a great time for them with COVID and the economy really making almost an instantaneous 180.

Insurers are making out just fine with COVID. Many are doing so well that they are crediting members since utilization is down. I also work in the industry and premiums are largely going down for year 2021. Sure, COVID treatment is costly but people are avoiding the doctor for reasons other than COVID.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom