OT: Stock trading | Page 196 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Boeing below $130?

Buying more.

Lockheed Martin is a better long term play, it's expensive, but the F35 program and the new Korean fighter program will continue to provide profit.

Boeing's experiencing issues with delayed dream liner delivers and 737 groundings. The Apache is being replaced and Boeing is not sure to win the next generation attack copter.

I like BA, but I would not be surprised if it drops a bit more then flattens for a while. Just my 2 cents

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Lockheed Martin is a better long term play, it's expensive, but the F35 program and the new Korean fighter program will continue to provide profit.

Boeing's experiencing issues with delayed dream liner delivers and 737 groundings. The Apache is being replaced and Boeing is not sure to win the next generation attack copter.

I like BA, but I would not be surprised if it drops a bit more then flattens for a while. Just my 2 cents

Yeah, Boeing's commercial siding is a major drag bit I like it for a nice turnaround in a year or two.

For pure defense Northrop Grumman has done me well. Used to have Lockheed stock but swapped it for Northrop.

Reaction Score
I know not everyone here is into crypto but I’d recommend looking into ISO 20022 compliant crypto sooner than later if you haven’t already. These are set to replace the global cross border financial transfer system. Huge opportunity, I personally like Hedera (HBAR), Quant (QNT) and Ripple (XRP).

Reaction Score
“We want to buy good companies when they’re on the operating table”. - Uncle Warren Buffett
The chain reaction accident is still in progress. The ambulance hasn’t come yet.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yeah, Boeing's commercial siding is a major drag bit I like it for a nice turnaround in a year or two.

For pure defense Northrop Grumman has done me well. Used to have Lockheed stock but swapped it for Northrop.
Look into cyber defense names for the 21st century

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The chain reaction accident is still in progress. The ambulance hasn’t come yet.
The ambulance is there, but the EMTs are a group of serial killers we call the Fed, doing their best to kill the patient.

Reaction Score
This is why I caution about the dead cat bounce. Not the time to go for head fakes.
68E0BAF3-7B46-4965-B7DC-2573BD7B43E8.jpeg

Reaction Score
YANG (3x China bear) has been on the rise. Lots of bad financial news coming from that country as of late.

Reaction Score
Sooo META got absolutely smoked after hours today. Google down quite a bit today too. Tomorrow should be fun.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
This is wild. 32 billion dollar “valuation” to bankruptcy. A billion in client funds missing. The founders were arrested in the Bahamas. What scumbags these people were.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Vanguard won't allow me to buy certain stocks.

Anyone know if Fidelity has the same policy?

Vanguard does not allow purchases in OTC securities except for some American Depositary Receipts (ADRs).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Vanguard does not allow purchases in OTC securities except for some American Depositary Receipts (ADRs).

Dig a bit deeper within Vanguard for the reasons.

They got out of penny stocks about a year ago. I have an IRA through them which is a combo of Vanguard Funds and individual stocks. A couple of my "penny" stocks got shut down within the last year where I can hold them but I can't buy more of them or buy in to other penny stocks.

Basically Vanguard is really good at funds and wants to discourage their investors from chasing penny stocks.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Supposedly, yes. if you give me a ticker symbol I can confirm whether it is available.

Reaction Score
I don’t see this as a dead cat bounce. It’s looking more and more likely that we may be able to avoid a deep recession and we have inflation under control. The gravy train is over for some middle managers at large cap high growth tech stocks (Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc.), but overall the economy is very strong. The market could see another 15-20% move up in the next few months but I expect it may cool a bit this summer before taking off again. Now is the time to get back in if you’ve been waiting.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don’t see this as a dead cat bounce. It’s looking more and more likely that we may be able to avoid a deep recession and we have inflation under control. The gravy train is over for some middle managers at large cap high growth tech stocks (Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc.), but overall the economy is very strong. The market could see another 15-20% move up in the next few months but I expect it may cool a bit this summer before taking off again. Now is the time to get back in if you’ve been waiting.
Credit card debt at an all time high, unpaid car loans at an all time high, earnings down in big sectors, interest rates high, inflation high, national debt to GDP getting worse, housing finally plateaued thru all of this…

If it moves up 20% I’d triple down on a massive recession soon.

Reaction Score
Credit card debt at an all time high, unpaid car loans at an all time high, earnings down in big sectors, interest rates high, inflation high, national debt to GDP getting worse, housing finally plateaued thru all of this…

If it moves up 20% I’d triple down on a massive recession soon.
Don’t think you guys fully understand how the markets work…it’s looking 6 months out which means right now in terms of the markets it’s looking at August. The market corrected last year in anticipation of a recession, but the leading indicators of that recession (high inflation and high wage growth) are both coming down significantly.

Reaction Score
And that's a good thing?
No, of course not. Anyone buying stocks now long term (more than 6months) is taking a huge risk. I’m heavily invested now in the TZA and the FAZ (to a lesser extent).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom