OT: Stock trading | Page 185 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The difference with companies on the DOW/S&P is that they (checks notes) make something. Crypto solves a problem no legitimate person has. And they will soon be heavily regulated.
What does make something mean? There are public companies that “make something”

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Local company (reit) NLCP looks really intriguing to me

Reaction Score
Like WEAT ((Wheat commodity ETF) for a run up. Trades @$10 and is historically bound at $25. With the Ukraine war and impending global wheat shortage it should move up nicely . Not a long term hold and don’t get greedy.

Reaction Score
Chasing dividend stocks isn't always the answer but I digress.
You can digress into a hole. Solid utility stocks with a solid 4% or higher quarterly payout is not “chasing”, but like any stock check the fundamentals and any bond offerings. If you want to “chase” something find something with more volatility and brush up on your technical analysis.

Reaction Score
You should analyze our own stock market. It’s the most corrupt thing in the entire world.
I always say the market makers have their agendas at any given time to push the market up or down and can float stories to support that agenda. Market gets too overheated, cue CPI, inflation, bond yield spikes or rate hike stories. Market sells off, buy and create optimism. Rinse and repeat. Not to mention the corruption with IPOs, members of Congress making fortunes etc. More and more the play seems to be don’t fight it, trade the spikes. Seems like volatility is here to stay for the rest of the year, and possibly much longer.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I always say the market makers have their agendas at any given time to push the market up or down and can float stories to support that agenda. Market gets too overheated, cue CPI, inflation, bond yield spikes or rate hike stories. Market sells off, buy and create optimism. Rinse and repeat. Not to mention the corruption with IPOs, members of Congress making fortunes etc. More and more the play seems to be don’t fight it, trade the spikes. Seems like volatility is here to stay for the rest of the year, and possibly much longer.
I’ve been closely analyzing 5-6 stocks for the past year and a half, they are all highly manipulated and the ways they do it is so grimy and illegal. Even at the micro level they do this. Holding back buy orders, hedging on calls to drive price up/down, it goes on and on. They can literally force a stock to run at open like 15%, then buy puts and then take the wheels off and drive it down 30%.

And the SEC is asleep as always. We’re all on the roller coaster.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I’ve been closely analyzing 5-6 stocks for the past year and a half, they are all highly manipulated and the ways they do it is so grimy and illegal. Even at the micro level they do this. Holding back buy orders, hedging on calls to drive price up/down, it goes on and on. They can literally force a stock to run at open like 15%, then buy puts and then take the wheels off and drive it down 30%.

And the SEC is asleep as always. We’re all on the roller coaster.
Hedgies?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Awfully quiet here... :(

Can someone... anyone... give me a beam of hope for LINK. Is it buying season?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Awfully quiet here... :(

Can someone... anyone... give me a beam of hope for LINK. Is it buying season?
Depending on your time horizon, it may be buying season for everything.

Somebody else needs to explain all of this, because I can't. My own hypothetical is that things are tanking because the odds of it just blowing up into a great depression level spiral are as high as they've been. Government is politically incapable doing what it needs to do to solve it, which would include incentivizing as much oil and gas production as possible just to stabilize things.

Reaction Score

My time horizon is 30 years. Just maxed out roth IRAs and HSA for wife and I today. Definitely buying season.

Reactions: GG
Reaction Score

Somebody else needs to explain all of this, because I can't. My own hypothetical is that things are tanking because the odds of it just blowing up into a great depression level spiral are as high as they've been. Government is politically incapable doing what it needs to do to solve it, which would include incentivizing as much oil and gas production as possible just to stabilize things.
I'm not sure what the oil reference is about in regards to the market but interest rates are the primary reason for the current declines. I'm not sure how more domestic production stabilizes the market. If you're talking about oil prices the focus should be on OPEC where production is purposely being held back.

Further, oil producers have no interest in hiking output moreso than already planned. They've been burned before.

Reactions: GG
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what the oil reference is about in regards to the market but interest rates are the primary reason for the current declines. I'm not sure how more domestic production stabilizes the market. If you're talking about oil prices the focus should be on OPEC where production is purposely being held back.

Further, oil producers have no interest in hiking output moreso than already planned. They've been burned before.

last sentence should say "domestic" oil producers

GG

Reaction Score

Exactly. Oil producers got burned bad in 2020 when oil sat on ships with no where to go. They will not make that mistake again. So many of the domestic producers shut down around that time as well unfortunately. It was just not profitable for them at those price points.

We need supply chain issues to dissipate and the Fed has to raise rates and cool the economy without plunging us into a recession. It remains to be seen whether they can do that ((looks like Powell thinks so), but fingers crossed for some type of soft landing. The Fed let things run hot for too long and we are feeling it now.

Reaction Score
I’m getting absolutely slaughtered right now in my crypto and individual stock portfolio but still dumping extra cash every paycheck on top of my normal weekly buys across all my accounts. If you have job stability, can stomach it, and have a long term outlook recessions are great times to build long term wealth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom