OT: Stock trading | Page 175 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I bought at $32, enjoyed the rise to ~$53, then watched it slide back to ~$35. Sold in November 2020 around $38 shortly after the election.

XOM has promptly ripped up 70+% since then. I’m really good at this whole stock trading thing.

yoh don’t go broke taking a profit though. Especially if your new investment did well

this Telecom slide is just killing me.
I wanted to unload t and vz for extra dry powder for a decent downward correction and they just keep dying first.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
yoh don’t go broke taking a profit though. Especially if your new investment did well

this Telecom slide is just killing me.
I wanted to unload t and vz for extra dry powder for a decent downward correction and they just keep dying first.

I'm holding for now. My company is working to try to crack the Telecom supply chain. Saw some amazing charts. Almost none of the profit from the massive increase in the demand for broadband internet over the last 20 years went to the telcos that provide it. Instead their margins on phone service went way down. The companies supplying telcos made many billions as they upgraded and built out the infrastructure. It's all highly proprietary over-priced stuff supplied by about 8 companies, so if they can replace it, they can start to make money. That's the sales pitch anyway.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I'm holding for now. My company is working to try to crack the Telecom supply chain. Saw some amazing charts. Almost none of the profit from the massive increase in the demand for broadband internet over the last 20 years went to the telcos that provide it. Instead their margins on phone service went way down. The companies supplying telcos made many billions as they upgraded and built out the infrastructure. It's all highly proprietary over-priced stuff supplied by about 8 companies, so if they can replace it, they can start to make money. That's the sales pitch anyway.

well T has an expected 3 more dividend payments until their cut. I can hang on until then.
VZ’s div just isn’t high enough for so little growth.

its not T or Altria

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
DM might be a good play for long term where it's at. They have been buying companies, diluting in the process, depressing the price. I picked up a bunch at 6.82, hopefully scraping it off the floor. I like the company longterm. ICYMI: The company wants to 3D print metal, woods, resins, etc. and also sell their machinery.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
DM might be a good play for long term where it's at. They have been buying companies, diluting in the process, depressing the price. I picked up a bunch at 6.82, hopefully scraping it off the floor. I like the company longterm. ICYMI: The company wants to 3D print metal, woods, resins, etc. and also sell their machinery.

I"m in on them for a bit and since prices dropped below $8 I've been considered increasing my position in them.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Who was it that was saying "sell, sell the market is way overvalued" a few weeks back? Do people realize that when the $ is devalued, equities are also affected?

Reaction Score
Get it how you live it.

Screenshot_20211021-101423_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
was coming to post that $LINK AP news........keeps getting better and better.

Reaction Score
I am but I'm locked out of Coinbase until tomorrow most likely.

Pro Tip: if you use an authenticator on your phone, and you get a new phone, don't get rid of/wipe the old phone until you set up the authenticator on the new one.
I had the same issue when I changed phones recently. Had to create a new password and go through some extra steps. Upgrading to a newer iPhone is good overall but there are some headaches logging into apps, Gmail accounts etc, even with everything backed up on ICloud,

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I don't believe in pton think it will crash after things get back to normal. It's a flash in the pan

ya think? I sold most several months ago. I guess I'll hold the rest at this point.

Reaction Score
Any NFT-ers? Been toying with it a lot the last few weeks. Went from a hater to flipper.

Reaction Score
Strong Chainlink Vibes from the World Economic Forum

Last edited:
Reaction Score
$35 is kryptonite to LINK it seems. Has tested it many times now and can’t get through. If it does, I bet we see 40s soon.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I stared buying a coffee ETF - JO. Coffee is the most used addictive out there. The price could triple before people even considered drinking something else.

I am going to start buying a precious metal ETF as well - GLTR.

Reaction Score
NEGG with a mini squeeze this afternoon, popped $8, tomorrow could be interesting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom