OT: Stock trading | Page 173 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Forget the fundamentals and the technicals. Forget what your grandfather taught you as this market doesn't play by the old rules. Play the volatility, just like crypto. Buy and sell in increments. Always take profits each green day like the next will fall off the cliff. Then BTFD. I sold GEVO up to $8 and bought back in down to $6. This is the way.

My cousin panics on big dips and doesn't buy. Then he pump chases like everything will be AMC. This is not the way.
Buying and selling ain't the way either.

Reaction Score
Always take profits. Even if only a portion of holdings. Welcome to pump n dump school.
The moral of this story is, no matter how awesome GEVO or LINK is at the moment, if the stock market or BTC tank, they gonna tank too. A lot of people can't comprehend this essential simple concept.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Forget the fundamentals and the technicals. Forget what your grandfather taught you as this market doesn't play by the old rules. Play the volatility, just like crypto. Buy and sell in increments. Always take profits each green day like the next will fall off the cliff. Then BTFD. I sold GEVO up to $8 and bought back in down to $6. This is the way.

My cousin panics on big dips and doesn't buy. Then he pump chases like everything will be AMC. This is not the way.

The beta's in this market must be unreal

Of you know how to read the candlesticks, you can make out like a bandit

Reaction Score
Always take profits. Even if only a portion of holdings. Welcome to pump n dump school.
Guaranteed breakeven months back and then some near high earlier this month, yet small potatoes and well hedged. Graduated from profits school a few moons ago. ;)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Guaranteed breakeven months back and then some near high earlier this month, yet small potatoes and well hedged. Graduated from profits school a few moons ago. ;)

Yeah, anybody saying take profits regularly isn’t sufficiently concerned with taxes. That said, this is the season for it. Fall is nearly always down.

Reaction Score
In the end, everyone bows the knee to chainlink. Otherwise, your obsolete. 800 plus integrations and counting.

Screenshot_20210925-144420_Chrome.jpg

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
What’s going on with $DPLS? Haven’t read much about it lately in this thread

Reaction Score
The moral of this story is, no matter how awesome GEVO or LINK is at the moment, if the stock market or BTC tank, they gonna tank too. A lot of people can't comprehend this essential simple concept.
LINK is a long term hold. If it tanks load up.

Reaction Score
ABML issuing warrants and getting some nice funding, warrants can be exercised at $1.75. I am betting the deal with Elon and Tesla will be on the horizon soon.

Reaction Score
CEI still strong
EOG and EQT: same natural gas & oil ball game, perceived fairer valuations and lower debt. All 3 appear well positioned for rising natural gas demand globally, and potential beneficiaries as mainland China taps down coal use ahead of Feb's Winter Olympics (e.g., similar pollution-limiting gamesmanship experienced pre-2008 Summer Olympics).

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
EOG and EQT: same natural gas & oil ball game, perceived fairer valuations and lower debt. All 3 appear well positioned for rising natural gas demand globally, and potential beneficiaries as mainland China taps down coal use ahead of Feb's Winter Olympics (e.g., similar pollution-limiting gamesmanship experienced pre-2008 Summer Olympics).
Nice. Thanks. Side note, Uranium is a great future play

Reaction Score
It's going to go $5+, maybe $10+ from what the internet says
I had a large buy order parked at $2.00, missed getting filled by 2 cents . Ah well.

USWS is starting to look tasty as well.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I had a large buy order parked at $2.00, missed getting filled by 2 cents . Ah well.

USWS is starting to look tasty as well.
You haven’t missed the boat. Same with DATS

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Buy the dip, this thing is going higher for a couple more weeks

This thing being the market?

Reaction Score
This thing being the market?
Which specific market(s)? Not mainland China exchanges 10/1 nor 10/4-6 (closed for national holidays; re-open 10/7 could be interesting. Separately in Hong Kong, the HKEX is only closed 10/1 and later for another HK holiday 10/14.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom