Stock trading

Toss out a couple solar-enablers recently buying on dips: HASI (solar infrastructure/services REIT) and SHLS (recent IPO, tech/infrastructure, 1st earnings report Monday). Potentially, more buy and holds than for day trading. After this post, of course both may solar crash and burn.

Noting the US' belatedly announced plans to limit Indian arrival flights and lessons learned after failures to act with mainland China, western Europe, and Hong Kong 1Q20, I'm adding more FLIN on current dips. As tragic as the ongoing SARS-2 mutations and government failures are for the Indian people, the South Asian nation will eventually bounce back. LT perspective, ideally similar to successes after late March-May buys in the US and subsequently in Europe.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Given AMC's a Russell 2000 component, which % of the "like 20% of the company" shares do you speculate Vanguard and BLK recently bought to purportedly "take down rival HF Citadel Capital" versus the 2 fund managers just buying shares consistent with their Russell 2000-indexed fund requirements?
Last time I ran the numbers it was around 14%, with Vanguard and Blackrock increasing their positions by 50% - 70% each quarter.

Given AMC's a Russell 2000 component, which % of the "like 20% of the company" shares do you speculate Vanguard and BLK recently bought to purportedly "take down rival HF Citadel Capital" versus the 2 fund managers just buying shares consistent with their Russell 2000-indexed fund requirements?
He has no clue what he is talking about and is a real danger to anyone that pays attention to him on this board. Saying things like "debt doesn't matter here" and "when it squeezes there will be a big sell off and no more debt" make absolutely no sense. In addition to what you correctly point out about two index managers buying what's in their index per their mandate.

Last time I ran the numbers it was around 14%, with Vanguard and Blackrock increasing their positions by 50% - 70% each quarter.
What they buy is a result of 1) the company's weighting in its underlying index, and 2) their fund flows. So 50%-70% each quarter is meaningless unto itself. You have no idea what their fund flows were, nor do you have any idea what they may have bought as active vs passive. You're just making stuff up.

CTBasketball

What they buy is a result of 1) the company's weighting in its underlying index, and 2) their fund flows. So 50%-70% each quarter is meaningless unto itself. You have no idea what their fund flows were, nor do you have any idea what they may have bought as active vs passive. You're just making stuff up.
You can track how much they buy positions into the company on a quarterly basis.

CTBasketball

GET OUT MAN!
AMC/GME sound like they’re part of Q

serious cult stuff (getting very cesspool, I know)
I’ve actually been cost averaging down. I’m in it a decent amount.

Anything buy under a $100 will serve you well #link
Screenshot_20210501-194345_Chrome.jpg

^ Thanks - I'm holding some Bitcoin, Etherium and Chainlink...the holdings of this ETF look good

What do you know/think about Compound?
Ahh, not too much, researched it a while back, but I don't think there is any better investment than chainlink in my opinion. Ethereum smart contracts that require data feeds are useless without link. Just take a look at their integrations.
Screenshot_20210503-210418_Chrome.jpg

What do you know/think about Compound?
Compound is a very cool project. Coinbase has one of those “learn” videos for it. Not sure about invest right now as it’s just hit its ATH, and not familiar with their competition but it’s worth learning about. I don’t see how this concept of lending isn’t way better than traditional lending for the consumer.

one year ago, the commodity price of lumber was around 30 cents a board foot.
today, it almost hit one dollar and 60 cents a board foot. 5X in 1 year.
on behalf of us deplorables, thank you very little.
One of my altcoins went 6x in one day last week.

Am I the only fool who won't dump Fisker? $FSR

Its becoming a burden on my portfolio and I'm too scared to sell.

For some reason, I'm still hoping the company catches fire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AZgirl

Top Bottom