OT: Stock trading | Page 138 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
You know the vibez
Screenshot_20210419-084638_Gallery.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
General decline a day later than anticipated ... more on the horizon ??? Opportunities too ???

These are the days and stretches I hate. It's hard to just sit tight and trust the investments to ride it out.

Reaction Score
Two good WSJ articles this morning (yah, I'm a dinosaur that still reads that rag). One was on the VC pouring into tech and new social media aps driving valuations to unseen heights, much of it with minimal due diligence. The other article was on Credit Suisse and their exposure to Archegos which grew to.......wait for it.......$20B. They didn't have the systems in place to track aggregate exposure while that lunatic piled on leveraged bets. What's scary to me is that suggests we still have systemic risks in the global financial network that we don't understand very well.

I guess none of this should be all that surprising given the liquidity available. Will be interesting for sure.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
New ETF launched that I just bought DAPP. Focus on digital transformation. I looked up the index components and think it is nice long term potential.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
turned on 'Clown News Becoming Common' ie, cnbc, this am, and it seems archegos is a hot topic again.
post #3348 here:
'and no, it's not 'contained' yet.'
imagine that.
pro tip: iffn it ain't rick santelli or art cashin, u'll learn more from the adult swim channel than that 'oprah joins the view gang to talk high finance' network. is archegos like the ltcm or bear/lehman dynamic? i have no idea. do you?
fun fact. as ww1 wore on, more and more inter-nation agreements, regardless of the public announcements associated with such, were only privately 'done deals' after the obligatory suitcases filled with gold were delivered. no one believed or trusted anyone else. 'trust' is just so much gossamer.
yesterday, ny's mta announced that they reasonably expect subway ridership to reach 90% of pre-covid levels ... in 2025. the global 'back to normal? as if. it's a whole new world. buckle up, and bet accordingly. or not. whatever.

Reaction Score
At a price below $1.30 pummeling is less of a risk.

There has to be companies who will make a kling in recycling and reclaiming rare metals required for future counting needs.

One thing the 'rona and confronting China and Russia have shown is US has major weakness in securing our own domestic supply chain.
ABysMaL going to the moon! Finally making me money.

Reaction Score
Chainlink will melt faces. More and more are starting to understand. Never stop accumulating.

"blockchain has its limitations. These systems are inherently closed off from the rest of the world, which is good for security and integrity but also limits the input data they can accept.

Thus, there is a need for a sort of bridge that can help these systems see what is happening in the outside world. But in order for the system to work, the input cannot come from a single source. Why? Because it would then rely on a centralized source of data, which goes against the very nature of blockchain.

Chainlink is a decentralized oracle network that is poised to play an important role in the real-world implementation of blockchain technologies. The purpose of this network is to provide input on a variety of external sources of data.

Although blockchain is great at what it does — providing a decentralized, secure ledger for digital transactions — it isn’t so great at taking input for things happening outside the blockchain. There are many “off-chain” forces that influence markets, including fiat currencies, credit cards and even the weather and sports scores. As a decentralized oracle, Chainlink can provide input to what’s known as smart contracts."

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Crypto is all on sale this morning.

I remain wary of severe regulation coming down on it.

What do people think of Enjin? If I go further in, I think the focus may be on the NFT space.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
For those that want a set it and forget it option in Crypto, I think VET is a great choice. Posession of VET allows the holder to produce the tokens gas VTHO. VTHO is what fuels the services VET provides. It's analogous to a dividend in stocks.

VET will be (and is) an early adopter in supply chain. There is a big DHL conference in June and an imminent coinbase listing for some short term catalysts as well. VET and LINK people.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Love me some LINK & VET. Does anyone stake their VET? if so, any added info. would be helpful.
Not staking yet but I intend to. I will likely get VETs dedicated wallet and get it off binance. But if you are on binance they take a monthly snapshot and you dont need to do anything. VTHO will just appear for you.

I am going to trade this volotily a bit and build the position, but once the dust settles I'm staking.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Whither safe moon?

Is this another trash coin? Or something legit?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I just can't bring myself to buy into the evil empires of the Amazons or Walmarts. I'm actually hoping for them to get broken up...maybe go bust and disappear. I know it won't happen, but a guy can dream.

I say that about the social media companies

Reaction Score
Whither safe moon?

Is this another trash coin? Or something legit?
Scam IMO - not to say you can't work it, but staying away from this and DOGE

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom