Men - Stock Report: This One is Worthy of a Long-Term Investment (UConnSI - Chudoba) | The Boneyard

Men Stock Report: This One is Worthy of a Long-Term Investment (UConnSI - Chudoba)

Reaction Score
These in-depth articles by Matt Chudoba are the best things to come out of the new relationship w/ UConnSI:

-> Stock felt it was in his best interests to hit the reset button and decided to move on from Old Dominion. The day he hit the transfer portal, he emailed 50-to-60 coaches from schools around the country, introducing himself and letting them know his desire to continue his playing career at a high-quality program. And, wouldn’t you know, UConn pounced.

“It had to be no more than 10 minutes after I sent out the emails, [UConn pitching coach/recruiting coordinator] Coach [Josh] MacDonald responded,” recalls Stock. “I’ll never forget it because UConn was playing in the Oklahoma State Regional that year, and they were in the middle of a rain delay when I got MacDonald’s email. I thought that was pretty awesome and it made quite the impression on me. On top of that, I grew up watching Kemba Walker and I have family in Connecticut and New York, so I took a visit and it was awesome. I knew it was the place for me.” <-

-> Yet, despite all that he has accomplished for the program built by Andy Baylock and transformed into a national powerhouse by Penders, Stock would trade it all for the opportunity to lead this year’s club to Omaha, the site of the College World Series. Yes, he has individual goals, but he won’t put those at the expense of the team’s.

“Yes, I want to get drafted, and yes, I want to eventually make it to the majors one day and play this game for a really long time,” Stock said. “But right now, all of my focus is on getting 1 percent better each day to help our team win games. We have a lot left to accomplish before we can even think of Omaha, including trying to win the BIG EAST regular season and conference tournament, but I think we have the talent to get there. It would mean so much to me if I was able to help lead the team there.” <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom