Still think Nolan should be included for 12-15 minutes with | The Boneyard

Still think Nolan should be included for 12-15 minutes with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brimah out. I think he's our best defensive big wout Brimah. We could've used him at the beginning of the 2 nd half when Tulane bullied us inside and got us in ft. If we use a rotation of Nolan Facey and Enosch at 5 we should be able to hold that position down and keep Miller in the game longer at 4.We can still do 4 guards from time to time as a quick hitting change up but it can't sustain for long periods of time.

Reaction Score
Brimah out. I think he's our best defensive big wout Brimah. We could've used him at the beginning of the 2 nd half when Tulane bullied us inside and got us in ft. If we use a rotation of Nolan Facey and Enosch at 5 we should be able to hold that position down and keep Miller in the game longer at 4.We can still do 4 guards from time to time as a quick hitting change up but it can't sustain for long periods of time.
Nolan did more yesterday in his two minutes than he has all season. At Texas, he was so bad that Ollie had little choice but to not play him. Again, he was that bad. Its very easy to like Phil as a person and I still think he has a role on this team and can contribute. Hopefully yesterday's benching was a wake up call.

Reaction Score
The light might have turned on. Sitting on the bench your final year will put desperation in motion.

Lets hope so. In his own way he can contribute.

Reaction Score
I have been a supporter of Phil, but his play prior to yesterday has not earned him time. Yesterday, in the last two minutes, he looked like the competent role player he is capable of being. Unfortunately, until AB is back none of Nolan, Facey or Enoch, as of yet, has stepped up and demanded the consistent playing time with their contributions. Hopefully, someone will.

Reaction Score
Was the question asked to Coach why it took so long to try Phil last night? I've been in the Nolan needs to sit camp but if ever a game to throw him out there it was last night. There has got to be more to the story.

Reaction Score
Was the question asked to Coach why it took so long to try Phil last night? I've been in the Nolan needs to sit camp but if ever a game to throw him out there it was last night. There has got to be more to the story.

Ollie was quoted in the Courant "We wanted to just go with Steve. Steve had been performing very, very well in practice".

Reaction Score
Ollie was quoted in the Courant "We wanted to just go with Steve. Steve had been performing very, very well in practice".

I'm sure Enoch does play well in practice without the in game pressure. He does have those spurts of having great offensive footwork and toughness, but he still shows he's a freshman out there against top competition; he simply needs time.

Against Tulane he looked horrid and was a major contributor to us losing that 19 point lead while he was out there. He was late rotating almost every defensive set, and fouled out of the game extremely fast b/c of it. I feel Nolan could've and should've been subbed in much faster than he was. He would've drawn charges on 3 or 4 of those late rotations from Enoch.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
tumblr_nxvk7iPX4H1uk5etlo1_400.jpg
"Phillllll !!!!!....

....deserves 20 minutes."

Reaction Score
I agree. With Brimah out, Facey should play 20 minutes (barring fouls), Nolan and Enoch ~ 10 each and plenty of time with Miller at the 5.

Reaction Score
Phil had 3 seasons to emerge as a formidable player on this squad. It never happened, he just doesn't have the skill set. That's not a knock on him, its just the truth. Phil gives us security and safety when inserted, (think 'holding down the fort') and that's okay. When he gives us any positive contribution I will cheer him loudly in the same fashion I did Tyler Olander.

Phil will always be a Husky true and true.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Phil seems like a great kid but I think the rotation is set. He should come on for quick minutes to give facey, miller, Enoch, a breather if need be

Reaction Score
Let's hope we don't' have too many situations like the Tulane game. Until AB returns we need to get more minutes out of Kenton and Shonn. KF needs to stop with the moving screens. He gets 1 or 2 called a game on him. SM also commits some stupid fouls but has been plagued by some $ calls. I would still have Enoch as our first big off the bench. In the staffs eyes Phil has probably earned a few minutes with his last performance and that's ok in small doses. But 12 - 15 minutes would be too many for my liking.

Reaction Score
I understand giving minutes for great practices. I prefer giving minutes to the guy who is performing in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom