Still isn't working! | The Boneyard

Still isn't working!

Reaction Score
Ollies earned a long leash. But even long leashes have limits and he's there.
This team and the current state of the program is Ollie's. It is a shell of what he was.

There is nothing to suggest that Ollie can recruit the players he needs to field a well rounded team. The players he does have don't seem to develop? Has Jalen developed? Has any player developed from Ollies system?
We've seen countless times where the players exhibit poor court sense. We've seen the team come out of TO's and unable to execute.

Ollie is a man under fire. Success would quell the critics, but sadly he is simply unable to do that. I don't know him, what his personal life is, or what is going through his mind. I was an Ollie fan as head coach. Now, I'm an Ollie fan for his positivity and the fact he played for Uconn.

Based on where this team is, the program's outlook, and the fact this will be the second season where the team finishes under .500. That is simply unacceptable. It's unacceptable for Uconn. It's unacceptable for a coach being paid millions of $'s, and it's unacceptable for the fans.

If I'm the 'average' avid uconn fan, apathy is rampant. I will always root for the team and follow them. And people can question my fanhood. I'm not driving 1 1/2 hours to Hartford or Gampel, paying $100 or so, only to watch a team that is basically as entertaining as my son's town league game. And then drive 1 1/2 hours home stewing. Based on the attendance figures, I am not the only one.

Coach Ollie, turn out the lights and lock the door on the way out!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom