"Still In High School Mode" | The Boneyard

"Still In High School Mode"

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno describing the freshmen. (see his video in Courant article in Nan's News). So for those thinking Meg will have significant minutes from the get go.... In the article Molly and Kyla allude to the challenges of freshman year in the UConn program. Think about it. UConn is the pinnacle program in fitness and basketball acumen and by more than a few yards. What freshman could be expected to fit right in to the most polished program in college ball? We are still asking what minutes may Kyla and Molly see in their soph seasons and neither is a slouch either athletically or BB IQ wise. It would be great if both make a solid contribution this year before the freshman stampede comes on. I suspect Kyla has the leg up, principally because of the demands of her position versus those of Molly's.

UConn Sophomores Kyla Irwin And Molly Bent Preparing For Year 2

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Honestly Kyla is going to have a hard time getting PT. Bent on the other hand has some experience as sophomore guard on a team that is thin in backcourt experience. If however Batouly's injury is lingering Kyla could see some time until she returns.

Reaction Score
Geno describing the freshmen. (see his video in Courant article in Nan's News). So for those thinking Meg will have significant minutes from the get go.... In the article Molly and Kyla allude to the challenges of freshman year in the UConn program. Think about it. UConn is the pinnacle program in fitness and basketball acumen and by more than a few yards. What freshman could be expected to fit right in to the most polished program in college ball? We are still asking what minutes may Kyla and Molly see in their soph seasons and neither is a slouch either athletically or BB IQ wise. It would be great if both make a solid contribution this year before the freshman stampede comes on. I suspect Kyla has the leg up, principally because of the demands of her position versus those of Molly's.

No disrespect to Kyla and Molly, but Meg should be on a whole another level, one would think.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
No disrespect to Kyla and Molly, but Meg should be on a whole another level, one would think.

Yes, her ranking certainly strongly suggests that will be the case, once she's in Huskies mode and no longer in high school mode.

Reaction Score

Rocky---good stuff! Irwin showed last year, near the end, that she had no fear of scoring--and with limited minutes made herself known. They should have a leg up defensively--no frosh know the Geno system. Still, I see walker, down the road a piece, getting more than a few minutes. The issue is : The abundance of talent, and experience. Now that is a great place for a Frosh to be in--but how many will see it that way; a whole year to learn the system of a powerhouse.

Reaction Score
Honestly Kyla is going to have a hard time getting PT. Bent on the other hand has some experience as sophomore guard on a team that is thin in backcourt experience. If however Batouly's injury is lingering Kyla could see some time until she returns.
Since neither of us know what will or will not happen--(full disclosure) Kyla with or without Touly in or out may show some Uconn level of her College self and surprise us all. I certainly like to see that. But I won't kick your assessment of Molly, she was afflicted with the disease Conlin was accused of: watching the "name" players in awe. If she realizes she is a good player, she could see some nice minutes.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Rocky---good stuff! Irwin showed last year, near the end, that she had no fear of scoring--and with limited minutes made herself known. They should have a leg up defensively--no frosh know the Geno system. Still, I see walker, down the road a piece, getting more than a few minutes. The issue is : The abundance of talent, and experience. Now that is a great place for a Frosh to be in--but how many will see it that way; a whole year to learn the system of a powerhouse.

I'm sure all 4 of the frosh wanna say to Geno:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom