Still a Lot of Transfers Without a New Home | The Boneyard

Still a Lot of Transfers Without a New Home

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Raoul, the blogger we all love to hate, maintains a database of all the D1 WBB transfers. Women’s Basketball Transfers: Fall 2018–Summer 2019 So far he has documented 407 players who have entered the transfer portal. While a few high profile transfers have landed with powerhouse programs, and a handful have elected to stay at their current school, the majority have announced their intention to play at lesser D1 schools, D2's, NAIA's and JUCO's.

What I found most surprising is that over one third of all WBB transfers (139) have yet to find a new home. With summer sessions starting up, most transfers, recruits and veteran players are now on campus attending classes, hitting the weight room and playing pickup basketball with their teammates. While there is a small number of high profile transfers remaining (Cooper, Laksa & Prince), most of the remaining transfers are players many of us probably have never heard of. This begs the question, just how many of these still unaffiliated transfers may have suited up for the very last time as a college player?

Reaction Score
I know that plenty of these players are taking summer classes at their original schools so they can graduate and transfer as graduate students with immediate eligibility. Three of Maryland players went that route. A'lexus Harrison, Kiara Leslie and Aja Ellison.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I know that plenty of these players are taking summer classes at their original schools so they can graduate and transfer as graduate students with immediate eligibility. Three of Maryland players went that route. A'lexus Harrison, Kiara Leslie and Aja Ellison.
I'm sure you're correct, but there are only 59 grad transfers included among the 407 players on the list. Many of those grad transfers have already announced where they are heading. So there is probably around 100 or so undergrads who still haven't indicated where they are going.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I'm sure you're correct, but there are only 59 grad transfers included among the 407 players on the list. Many of those grad transfers have already announced where they are heading. So there is probably around 100 or so undergrads who still haven't indicated where they are going.
And if past BY posts are an indication, 99 of them are coming to UConn, trust me. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom