Stiff arm to Brimah's jaw! | The Boneyard

Stiff arm to Brimah's jaw!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How much do you guys think that NON-CALL/BAD-CALL affected the come back? I really thought the boys had some good mojo going until that blatant miss. It put Brimah on the bench and I think they hit free throws and then drove into the paint for some other looks. Just wondering. I think it hurt us big time.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
The refs both ways were horrendous. No one wants to travel to Maui or tune into this game to watch zebras blow their whistle on every damn possession.

I actually think the phantom foul call on Brimah in the 1st half when he got an offensive rebound with absolutely no contact to the defender was more damaging. We had cut it to single digits and then with him parked on the bench they promptly extended there lead to double digits at half.

For all of AB's faults...the refs still have no clue how to call a game with him. The flying stiff arm to his face was straight comedy

Reaction Score
How much do you guys think that NON-CALL/BAD-CALL affected the come back? I really thought the boys had some good mojo going until that blatant miss. It put Brimah on the bench and I think they hit free throws and then drove into the paint for some other looks. Just wondering. I think it hurt us big time.
The first 10 minutes hurt us and the unforced turnovers ( I won't mention names). The officiating was horrendous all around, 50+ fouls called!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Bilas is the only broadcaster that will call out refs when they blow calls. Good to see I'm not that biased; pretty much every time I thought the refs made an awful call Bilas agreed with me.

Reaction Score
In no way am I blaming the ref's for our first half performance. But if some of those BS calls went the other way, the outcome could have been totally different. All of the fouls seemed to come when the momentum was swinging in our favor. Those calls killed that.

As a footnote. We lost because we turned the ball over. But I was impressed with the fight we had last night - I'm hoping this is a new beginning.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
We also missed 13 Free Throws. That is not UConn basketball. We hit our free throws and were hypothetically 4-0
Also missed a bunch of bunnies which has certainly become a theme as well.

That sequence of two missed dunks by Enoch and Purvis, followed by two Purvis FT misses was funny enough, but it really had me laughing when OSU promptly followed up that sequence with two 3's. That to me summed up the night/season

Reaction Score
Also missed a bunch of bunnies which has certainly become a theme as well.

That sequence of two missed dunks by Enoch and Purvis, followed by two Purvis FT misses was funny enough, but it really had me laughing when OSU promptly followed up that sequence with two 3's. That to me summed up the night/season

I don't fault a missed dunk when you get fouled like Purvo did, Enoch has no excuse though. I cant stand the officiating, they called one moving pick, but the whole game if our guy went under their picker would just hold the defender as he ran to the basket, that's a foul. Why can't Facey or Brimah do anything like that without the whistle blown but other teams seem to have carte blanche?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom