OT- Stick a fork in Goodell | The Boneyard

OT- Stick a fork in Goodell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's outrageous how Goodell has handled this whole situation and it's as clear as day there was a cover-up. He can talk all he wants about the integrity of the game and how the NFL represents leadership, he has shown zero leadership and now we have proof that he's a bald-faced liar, he is done.

Reaction Score
Goodell is human refuse, and I'm going to enjoy watching him wiggle on the spit for a while. There's no way they hold ranks through this. Everyone knows he's on TV, lying through his teeth, and that's going to come out at some point.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I understand that Goodell handled this wrong but this TMZ (entertainment off people's misery ) is terrible .

Reaction Score
Goodell is as big an idiot as he is a liar. How could he not have assumed the police would tell the media "you know that Ray Rice tape? Yeah we gave that to the NFL months ago."

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Everyone knows he's on TV, lying through his teeth, and that's going to come out at some point.

I don't think Goodell is really trying. The way he slipped in "to my knowledge" was incredibly phony. Maybe he's getting ready to fall on the shield.

Reaction Score
If Goodell has a shred of self-awareness he'll resign before week end. Best case scenario, he was willfully neglegent in handling this. This sort of mess is enough to shake up a leagues entire power structure by itslef, and when you combine it with all the other hypocricy that has dominated his tenure...it's hard to see the NFL not succombing to public backlash, even if the owners do love him.

Reaction Score
I knew he was lying through his teeth and always thought he was a scumbag but I am a little surprised he is this big of a moron. I'm really going to enjoy watching him get skewered and watch him leave in shame.

Reaction Score
This whole thing is sad and stupid.

Guy admits he punches his wife and knocks her out. Video shows her getting dragged off elevator.

Response?

2 game suspension from league and his team rushes to his defense and puts out material indicating he is a good guy.

Video of the "punch" shows up, which doesn't add anything at all, except maybe his apparent indifference to her unconsciousness.

Response?

Indefinite suspension and he is fired.

Seems to me that the NFL and the Ravens knew they screwed up, and that this wasn't going away, and the magical appearance of the videotape was a very poor pretext to dump this loser out of the NFL.

Best part about all of this is the following:

Fiancee walks up to him in the hallway and smacks him in his face, totally provoking him.
Guy keeps it together long enough to wait until he gets in the elevator - I would have smacked her back right in the hallway.
He then gives her what appears to be a minor tap in the face on the elevator.
So what does this crazy woman do? Does she get the message that he is not going to allow her to hit him freely?
Nah.
She physically attacks him in the elevator.
What does he do? He punches/forearms her like he believes Mike Tyson is coming at him.

So she's incredibly stupid for provoking him and physically assaulting him (she should be arrested and convicted of two counts of assault).
And he's incredibly stupid for escalating it and laying the heavy gloves on a dainty woman.

And which one do you think regrets their decisions more? Him or her?

At the end of the day, she deserved to be slapped just like she slapped him. Anything less, or that tired old, mysogenistic, anti-woman, paternalistic, demeaning tripe that you should "never hit a woman", is disrespectful to her and all women.

I tell my girls - never let a man strike you. I also tell them, never hit your man, and if you do, and he hits you back with the same force, you deserved it, and learn a lesson.

Reaction Score

Guy admits he punches his wife and knocks her out. Video shows her getting dragged off elevator.

Response?

2 game suspension from league and his team rushes to his defense and puts out material indicating he is a good guy.

Video of the "punch" shows up, which doesn't add anything at all, except maybe his apparent indifference to her unconsciousness.

Response?

Seems to me that the NFL and the Ravens knew they screwed up, and that this wasn't going away, and the magical appearance of the videotape was a very poor pretext to dump this loser out of the NFL.

Fiancee walks up to him in the hallway and smacks him in his face, totally provoking him.
Guy keeps it together long enough to wait until he gets in the elevator - I would have smacked her back right in the hallway.
So what does this crazy woman do? Does she get the message that he is not going to allow her to hit him freely?
Nah.
What does he do? He punches/forearms her like he believes Mike Tyson is coming at him.

So she's incredibly stupid for provoking him and physically assaulting him (she should be arrested and convicted of two counts of assault).
And he's incredibly stupid for escalating it and laying the heavy gloves on a dainty woman.

At the end of the day, she deserved to be slapped just like she slapped him. Anything less, or that tired old, mysogenistic, anti-woman, paternalistic, demeaning tripe that you should "never hit a woman", is disrespectful to her and all women.

I tell my girls - never let a man strike you. I also tell them, never hit your man, and if you do, and he hits you back with the same force, you deserved it, and learn a lesson.

Not sure this is going to go over well.

4187112068_a2f8fe135d_b.jpg

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Response?

Response?

Nah.

Don't feed the troll, people. He gets off on your anger.

Reaction Score

Response?

Response?

Nah.

If this is your words/thinking then you are a sick puppy. Your description of the events is completely untrue and your justification of violence against women is incredibly sick. It's disturbing that you have daughters and they get their heads filled with this garbage.

Reaction Score

Response?

Response?

Nah.

This isn't what happened.. according to people with access to the audio, he SPIT IN HER FACE (and according to friends, it's not the first time he has done it) and that's what set her off.. he then spit in her face again in the elevator and that's what caused her to rush toward him and slap him

Horatio

Reaction Score
This isn't what happened.. according to people with access to the audio, he SPIT IN HER FACE (and according to friends, it's not the first time he has done it) and that's what set her off.. he then spit in her face again in the elevator and that's what caused her to rush toward him and slap him

What!!! I didn't know about the face spitting. That makes it far worse in my eyes. The spitting is worse than the punching to me. SMH

Reaction Score
This doesn't help either of their cases. They are both idiots, they were both to blame, they both should have been arrested and convicted of assault, and they both, very appropriately, are going to pay a huge financial price for their stupidity.

It's very, very simple, but most people are way too emotional to get to the basis of it.

So he spit on her, and her response was to strike him? You think that's okay? You think that's within the law? It's not okay, and it's illegal. You may not physically go up to a person who is walking away from you and slap him in the face because he spit on you.

But see, your view of women is one that demands that you treat them as less than men. They are entitled to equal treatment in all aspects of life, in my view, and the archaic notion that they are allowed to hit but not be hit back is insulting to all women.

And again in the elevator - "he spit on me" is not grounds for attacking somebody. It's grounds for filing a complaint with the police for assault, and leaving him.

But she didn't right? Not only did she not leave him, she married him.

Why? Because she understands that she was partly to blame for what happened.

He should not have spit on her.
She should not have assaulted him.
She should not have gotten on the elevator with him.
He should not have spit on her again.
She should not have attacked him.
He should not have knocked her out.

But they did.

And the fact that she is female and got knocked out does not change any of that, regardless of how much you want to degrade her by not allowing her to be anything but a foolish victim who is too helpless to be responsible for her own actions.

And I'm sure that you will view her decision to marry him as an indication that she's a helpless woman who is too much of a victim to leave him.

Rather than what it is - which is she and he have a twisted relationship and she damn well knows that she shares part of the blame for what happened, whether or not that sticks in your anti-women craw.

That'll be a good way to end the Strummer handle. Take care, and remember, "equality" doesn't mean that you get to treat (genders, races, cultures) differently because you don't really think they're equal.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You think the NFL still has the "goodwill" to ask for, and get, Coldplay, Rihanna, or Katy Perry to "donate a portion of their post Super Bowl tour income" to the NFL for the "privilege of doing the halftime show?

Me thinks not.

I'm hard pressed to believe that the Super Bowl audience has real significant cross over with any of these performers' fan base. I personally would turn the channel or going do other "business" for 15 minutes if Coldplay came on stage.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
How about we not speculate why they did what to each other (least of all getting married. I have my own theory, but sharing it would be hypocritical).

All the outside world can really comment on is what was presented in the video(s). He knocked her out like she was Michael Spinks and extremely lucky she didn't break her neck on the railing. No one deserves that regardless of what they do. It's like the opening scene in Reservoir Dogs. She literally woke up and apologized...

She shouldn't have done what she did and he certainly should not have done what he did, but they did and as I've said since I've been posting here, there are consequences to every action, good or bad. Ask Roger Goodell, as he appears to be digging himself deeper and deeper in the court of public opinion.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Goodell was smart he would self-impose a half-season suspension on himself for poor decisions and leadership in regards to this case. He would donate half of his season salary (about $15 million) to foundations that benefit victims of domestic abuse. Get out ahead of it and dole out what would be perceived as harsh punishment for some bad leadership and make sure he can keep his high paying job going forward.

Reaction Score
What?? TMZ is in this business, it's what they do, how they stay relevant. If CNN is going to show videos of ISIS beheading people how is this an outrage?

I understand that Goodell handled this wrong but this TMZ (entertainment off people's misery ) is terrible .

Horatio

Reaction Score
What?? TMZ is in this business, it's what they do, how they stay relevant. If CNN is going to show videos of ISIS beheading people how is this an outrage?

Business??? What business??? The business of what??? Prying into people's lives and stirring up problems for people at their weak points???? Following people around, combing through garbage to embarrass people just so they can giggle about it. Oh so now the TMZ staff can all go out to dinner and give each other high fives because they stuck it to the NFL and the Rice's

Reaction Score
What? Really? Yes, maybe don't punch your wife and they won't bother you.

Business??? What business??? The business of what??? Prying into people's lives and stirring up problems for people at their weak points???? Following people around, combing through garbage to embarrass people just so they can giggle about it. Oh so now the TMZ staff can all go out to dinner and give each other high fives because they stuck it to the NFL and the Rice's

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
The business of making money. People watch the show in droves and advertisers pay big bucks so the keep doing it. Pretty simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom