OT- Stick a fork in Goodell | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT- Stick a fork in Goodell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can you link what you're looking at? I've been watching ESPN2 all morning and half a dozen different hosts have said he spit on her twice.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
That's not necessarily inconsistent with anything I said ESPN has been saying. It's possible she spit at him right before the punch. ESPN is reporting he spit on her twice before it got to that point.

Reaction Score
That's not necessarily inconsistent with anything I said ESPN has been saying. It's possible she spit at him right before the punch. ESPN is reporting he spit on her twice before it got to that point.
So do we only have audio for the elevator, or for the parking lot as well? Because the AP reports (paraphrased) "swearing and obscenities, and she spits at him" I dunno why the AP wouldn't say that they hear him spit on her first if that's what happened, if the audio is also from the parking lot where ESPN alleges he first spat on her. I imagine they're getting their information from the AP (please correct me if I'm wrong here, AP is the only source I've seen cited and I don't watch ESPN), so where in the AP report does it say he spat first?

Reaction Score
I'll be honest, I'm only getting my info from ESPN2 this morning, and I can't show you where they're getting it.

Ultimately, it's not an important factor in the core issue of whether Ray Rice should be in jail for what he did, and if he should have been suspended for more than 2 games.

I don't think anyone should spit at anyone, but her actions can't possibly justify anything he did, even in the event that she was spitting on him for no reason.

Reaction Score
Ray Rice should be in jail for what he did, and if he should have been suspended for more than 2 games.

I don't think anyone should spit at anyone, but her actions can't possibly justify anything he did, even in the event that she was spitting on him for no reason.
I agree

Reaction Score
I'll be honest, I'm only getting my info from ESPN2 this morning, and I can't show you where they're getting it.

Ultimately, it's not an important factor in the core issue of whether Ray Rice should be in jail for what he did, and if he should have been suspended for more than 2 games.

Yeah, I feel like conversations about who spat on whom are missing the forest for the trees.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
No . This is serious stuff. My point is I don't like TMZ and I don't like them involved in sports and they should stick to the scum. The video being released is extremely important for the future prevention of these incidents. It's mixed
Feelings because from what's been said , the Rice's were already going through
The healing process. I posted a couple of times yesterday and stated my feelings .

Spectator sports are not mutual exclusive from other forms of celebrity entertainment (news and politics included). The celebrity of the people involved are all pretty much the same. The fact of the matter is that because they are in the public eye, the common Jane and Joe are also interested in the their private life as well for a number of reasons (i.e. are they the same as you and I? Do they practice what they preach...for politicians)). Some protect their privacy to the nth degree and/or don't do much of anything notable (i.e. Tom Brady, Derek Jeter, Jenifer Aniston...as far as I know). Some embrace it (i.e. Chad Ochocinco, Terrell Owens, The Kardashians, Heff, Gene Simmons). The rest fall somewhere in between and have varying levels of success maintaining in a comfortable level of privacy.

It takes you, me, or anyone else much less security to maintain our privacy because no one cares. We are not public because our talents don't demand it.

Good, bad or indifferent, those in the public eye wanted to be there and wanted all the accolades that go with it. But one of the side-effects is the extra effort to maintain privacy. If they ignore the coloration, it's to their own detriment.

I don't like TMZ largely because it encourages paparazzi and everything that goes along with THAT industry.

Reaction Score
The entirety of gossip news, including paparazzi, are garbage dumps of human beings. If you plan out what nasty thing you're going to yell to a child so you get a picture of a celebrity's crying child and provoke a justifiably angry response from the parent, you're worthless and I hate you.

Reaction Score
If this is your words/thinking then you are a sick puppy. Your description of the events is completely untrue and your justification of violence against women is incredibly sick. It's disturbing that you have daughters and they get their heads filled with this garbage.
How can he even be serious. He is a darn athlete. He has 10x the power in a punch than she. Just crap.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Looks like it was the moonshine that set Ray off. He's now off the hard stuff. Just sticking to wine now. So it's all good.

TMZ – Ray Rice says hard liquor was the fuel that triggered his elevator rage and he hasn’t touched the stuff in months … sources close to Rice tell TMZ Sports. Rice told the Baltimore Ravens he and Janay Palmer had been drinking HEAVILY before the altercation. Rice is telling friends he becomes a different person when he boozes it up … so he’s changed his life. But he hasn’t changed that much, because we’re told he still drinks wine … just not hard liquor.

In other news, can't believe how little crap the Ravens are getting for this debacle.

Reaction Score
Something very fishy ... Link

Bill Polian who worked as a vice president in the NFL office, says he highly doubts this Rice video could have gotten lost in the mix w/out any executives seeing it. His segment is cut short, he comes back in 20 minutes and is asked the exact same question and says he can easily see the info getting lost in the mix.

Reaction Score

Bill Polian who worked as a vice president in the NFL office, says he highly doubts this Rice video could have gotten lost in the mix w/out any executives seeing it. His segment is cut short, he comes back in 20 minutes and is asked the exact same question and says he can easily see the info getting lost in the mix.
I mean it couldn't be more obvious

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
No . This is serious stuff. My point is I don't like TMZ and I don't like them involved in sports and they should stick to the scum. The video being released is extremely important for the future prevention of these incidents. It's mixed
Feelings because from what's been said , the Rice's were already going through
The healing process. I posted a couple of times yesterday and stated my feelings .

I don't understand what distinction you are trying to make regarding 'scum.' There are scum in all aspects of life, including sports. Quite frankly, I don't care what someones motivations are, the more people dragging ugly into the sunlight, the less likely people are to act ugly.

Reaction Score

That is so completely ridiculous I have a hard time believing its real, but it does appear to be real. Someone posted the moments leading up to the error that cut him off, in the comments section, and its hilarious. The SC anchor seems to stop her speech for a second as someone gets in her ear. Moments later, error.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I don't understand what distinction you are trying to make regarding 'scum.' There are scum in all aspects of life, including sports. Quite frankly, I don't care what someones motivations are, the more people dragging ugly into the sunlight, the less likely people are to act ugly.

" I understand that Goodell handled this wrong..."

"What!!! I didn't know about the face spitting. That makes it far worse in my eyes. The spitting is worse than the punching to me. SMH"

"This is serious stuff"

"The video being released is extremely important for the future prevention of these incidents"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well right or wrong the thread title needs to be changed. He's not going anywhere

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Toon%2BS12.jpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Of course, I like this article because if reflects my thinking that Goddell is more order-taker than salesman and may not deserve all the credit he gets for NFL finances. He just happened to be in charge when the TV landscape changed making live-action more valuable to advertisers. You youngsters may not believe it, but there was a time in the 80's when Budweiser was flying off the shelves. Did they give the salesmen raises? No, they cut their commissions.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Well right or wrong the thread title needs to be changed. He's not going anywhere

I am now taking the title literally as an encouragement to the rest of us to actually 'stick a fork in Goodell'. In that vein, I think this is still a good message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom