Stewjewelyoop!!! Wow! | The Boneyard

Stewjewelyoop!!! Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Thanks to WNBA League Pass (aka Bargain of the Sports Year), I was able to catch up with Friday's SEA vs PHO and witness the Stewjewelyoop play. It probably been said in other posts, but that combination is going to reach amazing heights in this league and like a few select players in the past will elevate the whole game in the process. Jewell is just starting her 2nd year and Stewie her rookie year. The learning curve they have been on is evident, and the improvement game over game is obvious. This is a tough league and you face a floor-full of top players every night. As terrific as she has been, Stewie is still adjusting, missing some plays that she will easily make in the months and years ahead. As annoying as the Seattle announces are, literally breathless and giddy over Jewell and Stewie, I can't really blame them. As a suffering Sun fan, I am soooo jealous. Supreme talent and just a clearly likable bunch of players (contrast with PHO... IMO a very talented, but in general not very likable bunch). Stewie was getting savaged by OBVIOUS bad calls in that game, look at her reaction to that situation compared to Bonner/Taurasi/Griner, or Angel at the Sun game. Stewie immediately gets back to business, comes down the court harder and more focused.

I keep hearing Loyd/Stewart compared to Bird/Jackson. Years down the road, I think Jackson/Bird will look a little antiquated in comparison to Stewart/Loyd. Kind of like Cousey/Russell compared to Magic/Jabbar, or more recently, Curry/Green. "Remember Sue and Lauren? Wonderfully talented in their day". The WNBA is evolving and has never been so talent-dense.... Go W!!

psconn

Reaction Score
Thanks to WNBA League Pass (aka Bargain of the Sports Year), I was able to catch up with Friday's SEA vs PHO and witness the Stewjewelyoop play. It probably been said in other posts, but that combination is going to reach amazing heights in this league and like a few select players in the past will elevate the whole game in the process. Jewell is just starting her 2nd year and Stewie her rookie year. The learning curve they have been on is evident, and the improvement game over game is obvious. This is a tough league and you face a floor-full of top players every night. As terrific as she has been, Stewie is still adjusting, missing some plays that she will easily make in the months and years ahead. As annoying as the Seattle announces are, literally breathless and giddy over Jewell and Stewie, I can't really blame them. As a suffering Sun fan, I am soooo jealous. Supreme talent and just a clearly likable bunch of players (contrast with PHO... IMO a very talented, but in general not very likable bunch). Stewie was getting savaged by OBVIOUS bad calls in that game, look at her reaction to that situation compared to Bonner/Taurasi/Griner, or Angel at the Sun game. Stewie immediately gets back to business, comes down the court harder and more focused.

I keep hearing Loyd/Stewart compared to Bird/Jackson. Years down the road, I think Jackson/Bird will look a little antiquated in comparison to Stewart/Loyd. Kind of like Cousey/Russell compared to Magic/Jabbar, or more recently, Curry/Green. "Remember Sue and Lauren? Wonderfully talented in their day". The WNBA is evolving and has never been so talent-dense.... Go W!!

For those who missed it...

GET LEAGUE PASS!!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Is it too soon to say I miss her already?

Reaction Score
Sweet, sweet, sweet - that was Larry Bird-esque!!! :D:D

psconn

Reaction Score
Note the look on Penny Taylor's face... :confused: [eye roll]

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
nice to see that Loyd is getting some love

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield has shown the ability to make that pass, if Geno will allow it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom