Stewie throws it down | The Boneyard

Stewie throws it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Isn't it interesting that she seems to have no interest to do this in a game? She's had breakaways but it doesn't matter to her. I find that refreshing.

Reaction Score
She'll do it in a game before her WCBB career is over.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Mo wants to participate in an alley-oop, which would be a great accomplishment in WBB. Dunking? Not so much, but alley ooping is a serious weapon.

Reaction Score
From the look of joy on MoJet's face, she's gonna be doing that soon.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
that was funny... threw it down with authority

Reaction Score
Maya never dunked in a game in her 4 years. She had multiple chances, always said her palms were too sweaty.

Reaction Score
Could it be she doesn't want the dunk to be bigger than the team or the game? BG's dunks at time took on the aspect.

Reaction Score
She'll do it in a game before her WCBB career is over.
Are you sure? Based on the dunk contest that UConn had in her freshman season, I have doubts that she can dunk as consistently as she can make a layup.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I'm sure she knows what Geno's reaction would be if she went for one and missed. Goofing around in practice is one thing, doing it in the heat of battle is quite another. (I would love to see a Mo---->Stewie alley oop though... :) )

Reaction Score
Instead of a nearly sure thing layup, to attempt a problematic dunk in a
tightly contested game would be irresponsible. To throw it down during
a blowout strikes me as disrespectful.

The only exception would be against Tennessee . . . (hello Candace!).

Reaction Score
Are you sure? Based on the dunk contest that UConn had in her freshman season, I have doubts that she can dunk as consistently as she can make a layup.
Pretty Sure. She's already improved her vertical jump (she dunked that one fairly easily) since her freshman year. With a little more jump/weight training, I think she will be confident enough to do it in a game.

Reaction Score
You gota have supreme confidence. I watched videos of Caroline Doty making shots from the upper levels of Gampel, but nothing like DT making half court+ shots during a game. It takes massive confidence to disregard coaches ire and make (maybe miss) a possibly dumb play.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Pretty Sure. She's already improved her vertical jump (she dunked that one fairly easily) since her freshman year. With a little more jump/weight training, I think she will be confident enough to do it in a game.

Maybe Tuesday night when I'm there to watch it.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I don't remember exactly when it was, but there was a game this year where she had a break away and had no one within 20 feet of her. She layed it up. Someone asked Geno about it in the presser, If I recall correctly, he seemed to be ok with a dunk though he noted she didn't have the confidence (then) to do it. I just wouldn't want her to do it in traffic bc of injury risk. If she did it near the beginning of a big game, and it propelled her into a legendary game she is capable of, it would be pretty special.

Reaction Score
. Someone asked Geno about it in the presser, If I recall correctly, he seemed to be ok with a dunk though he noted she didn't have the confidence (then) to do it. I just wouldn't want her to do it in traffic bc of injury risk. .

I always worry that someone will undercut her in the air. The only place I'd like to see her dunk is TBA ......... three times.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
If you watch the dunk in slow motion, it is even more impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom