Stewie, the Ultimate Sixth (Wo)man. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stewie, the Ultimate Sixth (Wo)man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I agree. Start the veterans and let the young whipper snappers come off the bench. But I sure would like to see Griner at the 5 and Charles at the 4 together. That would be an incredible front line and possibly the best ever seen in international play.
I don't really know the other international teams line-ups and whether there is one that is large enough to justify that line-up - I think we will see a little of that, but not very much. International forwards and centers tend to be very good in mid-range and out to the 3 point line and faster than traditional WNBA posts - and that is not the strength of either Griner or Charles - guarding in space. I think USA will be better defensively going with the more traditional forwards on the roster in front of either Griner or Charles. Defending pick and rolls has been a real problem so far for USA - again an area where speed trumps size. The one team where that lineup might have made the most sense was AUS before Cambage went down.

Reaction Score
Angel, Whalen and Nneka are pretty good 6th "men" off the bench, as is Srewart. When other teams have a drop off in talent when going to the bench, the US is just as strong, if not stronger.
Like the tie for "6th man"...

Reaction Score
I think some of you are going the wrong way with players this year. We are short in the post (4/5 positions). Tuck will be playing more 5 than usual, as will Stewart. KML will be playing more 4 than usual. We have an abundance of 1/2/3 this year. No need to move players up.

Agree. But in all but 4 or 5 out of conference games, it won't make a difference who is playing the 4 or 5 positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom