Stewie should be MVP | The Boneyard

Stewie should be MVP

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Stewie has been a Big Game Player since her days in HS, always showing up when the pressure and spotlight are the most intense. So in one sense Stewie’s performance last night was hardly unique or unexpected. The one thing that was unusual was that Stewie’s team lost….:(

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She could not willed them to win but what a performance last night. Needed more help.

Good/great shooters will have those types of games from time to time. You're in rhythm, your biorhythms are aligned and at their peak, and everything you touch goes in. It works the in other direction too. Two games ago, Stewie could not hit anything in the first half. Last night, she had the "Midas touch."..........but so did Chelsea Gray.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Stewie has been a Big Game Player since her days in HS, always showing up when the pressure and spotlight are the most intense. So in one sense Stewie’s performance last night was hardly unique or unexpected. The one thing that was unusual was that Stewie’s team lost….:(
She was the main reason UConn won the national championship the 4 years she was there. Yes she had help, but SHE was the catalyst.
She ALWAYS showed up (and played well like Paige does now) during the BIG games. Geno always knew what he was going to get from Stewie. :)

Reaction Score
It's like Maya's last UCONN game - put the team on her back, willed them to win, did everything she humanely could, but the team still couldn't pull it off.

Reaction Score
It's like Maya's last UCONN game - put the team on her back, willed them to win, did everything she humanely could, but the team still couldn't pull it off.
Stewie needs to get out of Seattle, and away from a coach like Quinn.
Go to a team like Minnesota, take Ezi with her, join Collier. A good start to a good team, get Jewell to force a trade.

Reaction Score
Outstanding game for Stewie, they should have given her the ball every time they had a possession, Charles was forcing too much, and Loyd just tries to do too much. It was terrific seeing all the former UConn players. Kiah Stokes, 6th man in college, and starting in the W playoffs. Good for her!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I didn't see the game but this morning saw the [long] highlights of Stewie's performance...just fantastic!

42 points on great shooting?

I saw Breanna in person drop that same number in the NYS tourney as a junior against Ossining High...with our very own
Saniya Chong on that team. I thought it was top 3 high school performance I had ever seen in person...still think it is.
But last night she was even more efficient and it was against some of the best players in the land...overall simply better than in Albany....and Stewie is just entering her prime hoop years!

Reaction Score
Stewie has been one of my all time favorites...can play every position if necessary. Only Magic and the Big O are in the same league that way. With a comparable coach to Hammond or Reeve, or listening to Sue, Seattle moves on. I must say, there is no question who the two best players in the league are. Maybe it should be a duo MVP?

Reaction Score
Stewie has been one of my all time favorites...can play every position if necessary. Only Magic and the Big O are in the same league that way. With a comparable coach to Hammond or Reeve, or listening to Sue, Seattle moves on. I must say, there is no question who the two best players in the league are. Maybe it should be a duo MVP?
Lol, now you sound like a true, long time, BY poster. Say it from your gut. Lol!!

Reaction Score
Votes were close from what I can tell. I don't have an issue with how the votes worked out. If it worked in Stewart's favour, she would have been an excellent choice too.

A'ja Wilson (478 total points, 31 votes for 1st place, 24 votes for 2nd)

Breanna Stewart (446 total points, 23 votes for 1st place, 28 votes for 2nd).

I'm not a fan of the MVP award being shared. I've seen more arguments come out from it in other sports. It may be great for the talk shows, but it's frustrating because the arguments go on forever.

Reaction Score
Wilson is MVP
Wilson isn't half the player Stewie is and she's not the MVP on her team. That would be Gray. Without the ridiculous shots Gray seems to be able to consistently make, LV doesn't come close to beating Seattle. From my perspective Wilson commits too many offensive fouls that don't get called.

The foul she committed on Gabby near the end of last night's game should have been a flagrant not a common because she had no hope of defending the ball. She was clearly going for Gabby's head. Fortunately Gabby got her with a good shot to the mouth in return. Perhaps if that foul had been called a flagrant on Wilson the result might have been different.

But in the end Seattle missed too many shots at the beginning of the 2nd half, Sue included and Lloyd tried to do way too much on her own.

Reaction Score
Wilson isn't half the player Stewie is and she's not the MVP on her team. That would be Gray. Without the ridiculous shots Gray seems to be able to consistently make, LV doesn't come close to beating Seattle. From my perspective Wilson commits too many offensive fouls that don't get called.

The foul she committed on Gabby near the end of last night's game should have been a flagrant not a common because she had no hope of defending the ball. She was clearly going for Gabby's head. Fortunately Gabby got her with a good shot to the mouth in return. Perhaps if that foul had been called a flagrant on Wilson the result might have been different.

But in the end Seattle missed too many shots at the beginning of the 2nd half, Sue included and Lloyd tried to do way too much on her own.
Tina not being willing to come off the bench hurt more then anything else. The Seattle defense went from very good to very bad. Tina down the end of the year and in the playoffs was bad.

Reaction Score

But in the end Seattle missed too many shots at the beginning of the 2nd half, Sue included and Lloyd tried to do way too much on her own.y
To say Wilson isn't half the player Stewart isn't looking at the entire picture. Look at their numbers for the season. Wilson outperformed Stewart on the defensive side of the ball to go with her offensive numbers.

If voters focused solely on scoring, Stewart wins hands down. That's not the situation and they saw things differently from your perspective. The vote differential was 32 points. How much closer does it have to get for you to see that they both deserve the consideration?

The comments regarding the foul called when she hit Williams...........why? The referees made the call and could have called fouls on both of them for contact to the face. Both Rebecca and Ryan said it could have been called that way. And being happy about Gabby hitting Wilson in the face......................again, why is this a "fortunate" thing?

Reaction Score

Lol, Wow

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom