Stewie on UConn and the WNBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
And mostly on UConn and Geno.

VICE Sports Q&A: Seattle Storm and Team USA Star Breanna Stewart | VICE Sports

"When you think of Coach and C. D., you think of Batman and Robin. They are each other's counterparts. He would not be in the position that he is in without her and she would not be in the position that she is in without him. They do a great job of balancing between being hard on someone, pushing a player, and then realizing when they need to talk with someone about off-the-court stuff. I appreciated them both when I was at UConn because they were in my corner and pushed me beyond where I thought I could be pushed. I can't ask for anything better than that and I can't thank them enough."

Another envelope stuffer for potential recruits.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Does Breanna Stewart like to be pushed? Do you need to be pushed?

Yeah. At first, when I was a freshman, I didn't like it. I wasn't used to it, but then I realized what they were helping me become a player who could reach my full potential and, hopefully, be the best. They wanted to make sure that I was doing that. As soon as I understood what they were doing, I started to appreciate it every single day.

I love the last sentence although, perhaps there was a day or two she didn't appreciate it.

HGN

Reaction Score
Does Breanna Stewart like to be pushed? Do you need to be pushed?

Yeah. At first, when I was a freshman, I didn't like it. I wasn't used to it, but then I realized what they were helping me become a player who could reach my full potential and, hopefully, be the best. They wanted to make sure that I was doing that. As soon as I understood what they were doing, I started to appreciate it every single day.

I love the last sentence although, perhaps there was a day or two she didn't appreciate it.
CL82, you are so correct in emphasizing that last sentence..........So many players and recruits do not ever reach the point of appreciating what Geno and
CD are doing for that player. Some players never make it to that point. The one's that do are better players for it.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
CL82, you are so correct in emphasizing that last sentence.....So many players and recruits do not ever reach the point of appreciating what Geno and
CD are doing for that player. Some players never make it to that point. The one's that do are better players for it.
True. Some parents are invaluable in that respect (e.g., Kiah Stokes's father Greg), but much of the time, if not all the time, it all has to come from the player herself to realize why Coach is doing what he's doing.

Reaction Score
True. Some parents are invaluable in that respect (e.g., Kiah Stokes's father Greg), but much of the time, if not all the time, it all has to come from the player herself to realize why Coach is doing what he's doing.

What did stokes' father do?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score

According to a couple of older articles during Kiah's college career at UConn, Greg helped Kiah keep her eyes on the prize by giving her some insight as to what Geno was trying to do when he (Geno) was really tough on her.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
According to a couple of older articles during Kiah's college career at UConn, Greg helped Kiah keep her eyes on the prize by giving her some insight as to what Geno was trying to do when he (Geno) was really tough on her.
and I think she was thinking about transferring cause she couldn't take Geno's style... Pops told her "Yo a** aint going anywhere" (my words, not his)... along with the "prize"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom