Stewie On Top Of The World: Adamec | The Boneyard

Stewie On Top Of The World: Adamec

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Breanna Stewart isn't just sitting on top of the basketball world, she is standing tall, all 6-foot-4 of her.
Yet the former University of Connecticut standout and the reigning WNBA Most Valuable Player remains committed to her mantra, humble and hungry, even after adding a second FIBA World Cup gold medal to her resume.
"It's just knowing that I can always get better," Stewart said Sunday. "Obviously I have won a lot, but my individual play can be better. That is what's exciting for me, knowing that I have been successful but knowing there's a lot I can improve on, too."
The thought that there's another level for the 24-year-old forward to reach is hard to believe the way she's played this summer and into the early fall.

"At the start of this year she really decided what she wanted to do with her basketball career," said Team USA point guard Sue Bird, also Stewart's teammate with the WNBA champion Seattle Storm. "She wanted to be an MVP. She wanted to win a championship. She wanted to come here and put her mark on USA Basketball. As a young player, that is not always easy but she did it.
"And listen, this kid played out of position this entire tournament. She was playing the three (small forward). That speaks volumes for somebody to be able to play out of position and still find a way to have an impact, a huge impact, an MVP-like impact."

Stewart will return to action when she takes the floor for 2018 EuroLeague third-place finisher Dynamo Kursk in Russia this winter. But first she'll enjoy the gold,
"It's not a bad way to cap things off," she said. "Now it is time for a little vacation."

Former UConn star Stewart on top of the world

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Stewie is on some kind of unbelievable roll right now. Geno had alerted everyone to the fact that Stewie has this amazing ability to find another gear when she’s playing for a championship. She did it in HS and AAU, she did it in college and now she’s doing it in the pros and at the World Championship.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In the past 2.5 years here’s a list of Stewie’s individual and team accomplishments:
  • Consensus 1st Team AA
  • NCAA championship
  • Championship MOP
  • NPOY
  • Olympic gold medal
  • WNBA Rookie of the Year
  • WNBA MVP
  • WNBA championship
  • Finals MVP
  • World Championship
  • World championship MVP
And she believes that she can still get better.....:)

Reaction Score
It's just incredible that somehow Geno and Chris were able to recruit SB, BS and Dee to come to UConn. Not to mention Lobo, Rizzotti and so many others who found their way to Storrs, middle of nowhere.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Stewie has always appealed to me as a player and a person. She has reached heights ordinary people can only dream of, and yet she remains grounded, humble, approachable, and just plain nice. I am certain she was a fine young lady before she got to UConn, but I firmly believe that UConn provided her the opportunity to grow personally as well as professionally. I am fortunate to have been witness to her journey! :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In the past 2.5 years here’s a list of Stewie’s individual and team accomplishments:
  • Consensus 1st Team AA
  • NCAA championship
  • Championship MOP
  • NPOY
  • Olympic gold medal
  • WNBA Rookie of the Year
  • WNBA MVP
  • WNBA championship
  • Finals MVP
  • World Championship
  • World championship MVP
And she believes that she can still get better.....:)
That darn Maya stole the All-Star Game MVP trophy. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom