Stewie and Van Lith | The Boneyard

Stewie and Van Lith

Reaction Score
Interesting video. I see some major differences in attitude between her and Paige. Hailey Van Lith is not a pass first person and said she would pass to someone that was hot which implies she would not if the other player was not. She seems to have a great personality. I have watched tons of Fifa games and her play seems to reflect what she says.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Occasionally the topic comes up of USA basketball coaches having an advantage. Hailey just confirmed that playing for Jeff at USA basketball played a big part in her decision ~8:20 mark of the video.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

She told Stewart her goals at the next level are to become the No. 1 overall pick in the WNBA Draft (Stewart was No. 1 in 2016) and win a national championship at Louisville.

I don't see it but dare to dream.
If Paige and Aaliyah are in the same draft, Hailey Van Lith would do well to go #3.

I like Hailey Van Lith's game and, even more, her personality. I hope she does well at Louisville (except against us).

Hailey wants to win a National Championship? Paige wants to win 4!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If Paige and Aaliyah are in the same draft, Hailey Van Lith would do well to go #3.

I like Hailey Van Lith's game and, even more, her personality. I hope she does well at Louisville (except against us).

I think Hailey would be wise to set some intermediate goals like becoming a starter at Louisville. Evans and Balogun figure to be the starting guards for the up coming season. Green is coming off a redshirt season and will be anxious to prove herself. There is a pair of international players also anxious to prove themselves. Next season Payton Verhulst arrives along with another pair of guards.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think Hailey would be wise to set some intermediate goals like becoming a starter at Louisville. Evans and Balogun figure to be the starting guards for the up coming season. Green is coming off a redshirt season and will be anxious to prove herself. There is a pair of international players also anxious to prove themselves. Next season Payton Verhulst arrives along with another pair of guards.

They have a ton of guards. There are the 2 Smiths who transferred from Cal and UCLA (one may have been via a JC).

Reaction Score
Occasionally the topic comes up of USA basketball coaches having an advantage. Hailey just confirmed that playing for Jeff at USA basketball played a big part in her decision ~8:20 mark of the video.

that's exactly why I don't think current DI coaches should be coaching players they may be recruiting in international competitions......

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
that's exactly why I don't think current DI coaches should be coaching players they may be recruiting in international competitions......

Agreed. Coach K has made a killing with that on the men's side.

Reaction Score
I agree. She didn’t have anything close to Bueckers’ impact in the USA tournament. To even be a starter at L’ville she’ll have to be able to play a lot faster and with her head up to see the floor. We’ll see if she can do it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I disagree mostly because like the US armed forces, USA basketball is all volunteer. I want American kids getting the best instruction by people that are the most qualified and who actually want to do it.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

I could never understand why Hailey never gave Oregon a look. Their playing and coaching style would have suited her. I'm glad though one of the good guys in the game nabbed her.

Reaction Score
I disagree mostly because like the US armed forces, USA basketball is all volunteer. I want American kids getting the best instruction by people that are the most qualified and who actually want to do it.

true but there are benefits to taking the job and exposure to top recruits is one of them................I think there are plenty of retired DI coaches and current DII/DIII coaches that could do a fine job.......

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
true but there are benefits to taking the job and exposure to top recruits is one of them................I think there are plenty of retired DI coaches and current DII/DIII coaches that could do a fine job.......
Not as many as you might believe. Carla Berube certainly did a good job but I think she was that rare find. Good DII/III coaches are also looking to move up. Carla is now at Princeton.
Most unemployed or retired DI coaches are in those situations for a reason that is not conducive to spending tons of energy in a very short time frame getting young girls ready to play overseas. BTW the 2015 U16 team that AEH and Sedona Prince was coached by a HS coach and was pretty much a disaster=Bronze Medal in FIBA Americas & USA first loss ever at U16. USA basketball rightfully will never go that route again.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You took the words right out of my thoughts! I look at the WNBA coaches and think, most of these were duds as College coaches so they shouldn't be allowed near college kids. Unlike the NBA, I get that the WNBA can't pay elite coaching salaries so the best are in the college ranks and therefore we should be pulling from those ranks for the National teams. Being petty that we may lose a player to Jeff or Dawn is moot to me. We enjoyed the fruits of Geno coaching the National team for 8-12 years and he still has a big say in it so let's not be too hypocritical...:cool:

Reaction Score
I could never understand why Hailey never gave Oregon a look. Their playing and coaching style would have suited her. I'm glad though one of the good guys in the game nabbed her.
What do you mean? Oregon State fans said she was destined to go to Corvallis. Van Lith wants all the me first limelight and she was not going to get it at OSU or Oregon.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
What do you mean? Oregon State fans said she was destined to go to Corvallis. Van Lith wants all the me first limelight and she was not going to get it at OSU or Oregon.
I said Oregon not OSU...and your analysis may be a bit harsh. Though the ACC has had much stronger years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom