Stewie and Mo chosen as USBWA All Americans..(merged threads). | The Boneyard

Stewie and Mo chosen as USBWA All Americans..(merged threads).

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats, but I'm disappointed by Morgan's absence.

I think the coaches will recognize her. I sure hope.
I'm disappointed too but here's the thing. While I disagree with Tiff Mitchell and Briana Turner, at least they were both over 15 PPG for the year. Tuck is just over 13 PPG for the year. Sure Morgan is the glue etc etc, but she simply did not have the stats of the other players, and I'd have put Williams, Powers, Coffey and Alleyne ahead of her as well.

Don't get me wrong - we all LOVE Morgan. She might go #3 in the draft. But her numbers were simply not there. She is, however, certainly deserving in our hearts...

And, she can always come back next year. She's not only be a likely AA, but also a NPOY candidate.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Stewie plays so much bigger than 6'1"! ;)
Funny thing - I copied this directly from the UCONN website LOL. Of all people, they should get it right! Then again, they never got Hartley right so... maybe it's a conspiracy to try to foll the other final 4 teams. "Stewie is really really short so don't worry about her"... :p

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Damn it. Without Tuck, her making it to the HoH Wall seems less auspicious than it did when she made second-team AA.

Reaction Score
I don't know how they could go only by stats when you can see the Stewie, Mo and TUck are better than any on that list.... project all players stat to the 40 min play and you can see these 3 are miles away.... most of the year our girl only play half of the game is over by half time.... If Tuck played in any of those teams she would have better stats than any of them.... It just reminds me of Kiah getting passes over as rookie of the year in the WNBA this past year.... coming second in defensive player of the year and second in 6th man of the year.... and not getting rookie of the year.... :(

Reaction Score
2015-16 USBWA WOMEN'S ALL-AMERICA TEAM

Breanna Stewart, 6-1 Sr. Forward, Connecticut

Moriah Jefferson, 5-7 Sr. Guard, Connecticut

A'ja Wilson, 6-5 So. Forward, South Carolina

Tiffany Mitchell, 5-9 Sr. Guard, South Carolina

Brianna Turner, 6-3 So. Forward, Notre Dame

Nina Davis, 5-11 Jr. Forward, Baylor

Rachel Banham, 5-9 R-Sr Guard, Minnesota

Kelsey Plum, 5-8 Jr. Guard, Washington

Shatori Walker-Kimbrough, 5-11 Jr. Guard, Maryland

Kelsey Mitchell, 5-8 So. Guard, Ohio State

...don't blame me, I voted for Tuck...

Reaction Score
If morgan tuck played for any other team, she'd be a 20 and 10 type of player every night (easily) and a 1st team AA. Glad she's on our team though! Amazingly polished player and tremendous footwork. I hope she uses this as fuel to make hamblin look like a fool on Sunday. Shake and bake! A little toast in the post!

Reaction Score
Outrageous! She got robbed!! Morgan should be a two-time first team All American.

Reaction Score
I think 8 of these players would trade being a USBWA All American for just one National Championship.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Stewie shrunk and Morgan got left out.....

#norespect

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Honestly, i dont get Tiffany Mitchell. She was nonexistent in the losing effort to Syracuse and quite honestly i have seen more nonproductive games from her this season than productive games. I dissed Nina Davis on the other thread then she goes off for 30 and had a heck of tournament so i will leave her but replace Mitchell for Morgan.

Maybe the silver lining will be "Tuck returns for 5th year"....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If morgan tuck played for any other team, she'd be a 20 and 10 type of player every night (easily) and a 1st team AA. Glad she's on our team though! Amazingly polished player and tremendous footwork. I hope she uses this as fuel to make hamblin look like a fool on Sunday. Shake and bake! A little toast in the post!
Totally agree. If she comes back next year, with no Stewie or Moriah, she'd not only likely be the #1 scorer on the team, but a legit NPOY candidate.

Reaction Score
I think 8 of these players would trade being a USBWA All American for just one National Championship.
I don't think they would and that is one of the reasons why they didn't win a National Championship. Tuck was the epitome of selflessness and always put the team first and that is reason why she is playing for her 4th NC.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Congrats, but I'm disappointed by Morgan's absence.

I think the coaches will recognize her. I sure hope.

Who's "All-American "list does Morgan have to be on to qualify for admittance into the Huskies of Honor?

What AA list is recognized as the ultimate list?

Isn't there another awards program that is suppose to take place tomorrow in Indy?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Who's "All-American "list does Morgan have to be on to qualify for admittance into the Huskies of Honor?

What AA list is recognized as the ultimate list?

Isn't there another awards program that is suppose to take place tomorrow in Indy?
WBCA, 1:10 PM Saturday. Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom