Stewie’s Wake Up Call?! | The Boneyard

Stewie’s Wake Up Call?!

Reaction Score
We have to take into account the impact of playing extended minutes has on a player's ability to perform consistently in all aspects of the game on both ends of the floor.

For example, our best 3 point shooters sometime miss their first couple or more of their 3s. But since they get extended PT, once one falls they end up knocking down a bunch by game's end.

Contrast that to a bench player who might only get a handful of shots or other opportunities to execute on either end of the floor. We all saw Ball improve the more PT he earned while Castle was out. Even Castle struggled when he first returned and is now playing at a very high level. He's had some games where he didn't do much in the first half and then goes off in the second half. A bench player might get only a few minutes in the first half and not do much or make a mistake, then might not see the floor again. It's hard perform consistently and feel confident when you only get a few minutes.

Stewart has been getting more minutes and is starting to make more plays. I'm confident that Stewart and Ball will be very productive players next season and will have some productive minutes as the season moves on. It's hard for Hurley not give most of the minutes to the starting 5 and the two primary bench players, Johnson and Diarra.

Reaction Score
Can Stewie’s back 2 back 2 back 3s be the confidence boost he needs to be more effective ?
I think this is valid. Especially for freshmen. As good as Castle is, he needed a few games to get confidence in his shot. The mental-emotional effect on athletic performance, though not statistically quantifiable, is profound. It should never be ignored.

Reaction Score
I think this is valid. Especially for freshmen. As good as Castle is, he needed a few games to get confidence in his shot. The mental-emotional effect on athletic performance, though not statistically quantifiable, is profound. It should never be ignored.

He's on a very good team with very good players in front of him. He's only going to get so many minutes.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I think our freshman that aren't playing much have shown signs of actually being very talented

Stewie, Solo and Ross have all looked good

Reaction Score
Can Stewie’s back 2 back 2 back 3s be the confidence boost he needs to be more effective ?
I just hope hes turning the corner as a player and we`ll see this more regularly against better teams. Hes very talented.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom