Stewarts steals in the U19 tournament | The Boneyard

Stewarts steals in the U19 tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Been meaning to post this but never found the right thread. Did folks notice the way that Breanna got at least three of her steals - she basically intercepted bounce passes made by the player she was guarding before the ball reached the ground. She was in a defensive stance and her arms are so long that she just palmed the ball, or started dribbling it right out of the other players hand. I don't think I have every seen that before - yes deflections, yes reach ins, but on a bounce pass to actually take control of the ball! And then she did it again, and then again. Just amazing. And that was just the two games we could watch streaming - I wonder if there were other times during the nine games. And I don't remember her doing it in any games last year either. You think of her length usually in terms of blocked shots and deflections on entry passes - now she is using it to get steal balls at her ankles.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It became apparent that the play by play man had never seen the likes of Stewie. Perhaps it was one of those steals that had him exclaiming about her extraordinary combination of length and speed. In the final game it seemed that the camera sought her out a good deal and the play by play fellow acted a bit like a UConn homie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom