Steve Enoch made 16 of his last 16 Free Throw attempts | The Boneyard

Steve Enoch made 16 of his last 16 Free Throw attempts

Reaction Score
And he made 24 of his last 28 free throw attempts. This is an amazing statistic in many ways:

1) He's a center
2) He's a sophomore
3) He started the season shooting 6-16 from the charity stripe... that is 38%

To turn a sub-40% free throw shooting big man to making 16 consecutive free throws in a row to close out is a testament to his work ethic and ability AS WELL AS THE ABILITY OF THE COACHES TO DEVELOP PLAYERS!

Now lets get Drummond back to Storrs, KO & co can work their magic on him... in exchange for a Andre donating $10 million to the program ;)

The future is bright folks, can't wait for FirstNight!

Reaction Score
Coach Miller had instructed him to continue to miss free throws at an alarming rate but he was outvoted by the other coaches.

Who is your source? Chief? And more importantly was he hanging out with Drummond at the time?

Reaction Score
The staff has proved that they can make players better free throw shooters. That is good. It doesn't make up for the inability to develop bigs generally.

Reaction Score
Yeah, and next year he's the primary entry post pass guy so he's going to the line a lot more.

Reaction Score
And he made 24 of his last 28 free throw attempts. This is an amazing statistic in many ways:

1) He's a center
2) He's a sophomore
3) He started the season shooting 6-16 from the charity stripe... that is 38%

To turn a sub-40% free throw shooting big man to making 16 consecutive free throws in a row to close out is a testament to his work ethic and ability AS WELL AS THE ABILITY OF THE COACHES TO DEVELOP PLAYERS!

Now lets get Drummond back to Storrs, KO & co can work their magic on him... in exchange for a Andre donating $10 million to the program ;)

The future is bright folks, can't wait for FirstNight!
I was going to post something about his FT improvement, so had looked it up and the streak is actually 17 consecutive. Pretty damn good. Just wish he opened his eyes on D

Reaction Score
Let's not go overboard here. Nice to see him improve at the line but to take two samples of only 16 free throws and compare them to say the coaches can develop players is a huge stretch.

Reaction Score
Let's not go overboard here. Nice to see him improve at the line but to take two samples of only 16 free throws and compare them to say the coaches can develop players is a huge stretch.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say tongue was implanted in cheek

Reaction Score
Too bad he can't play much defense, fouls like crazy, and has trouble finishing at the rim.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
But has he missed his last 16 dunk attempts?

But seriously, What's his problem with dunking?

Will Enoch missed dunks become the new Rodney catching the ball with a heel out of bounds?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
upload_2017-3-13_23-10-52.png

Improved in (per 100 poss):
  • Minutes played, free throws and free throw %, assists, steals, blocks, points, fouls, and defensive rating.
Declined in (per 100 poss):
  • Field goal %, rebounds, offensive rating.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I don't think its his hands, its his lift. He seems to not be able to jump as high as he did last year. I have noticed it during warm up lines as well. Its crazy because Purvis said sometime last year that Enoch was probably the best athlete on the team, and that seeing someone dunk on Brimah was rare occasion but in practices Enoch dunked on Brimah regularly.

I think it has to do with his foot. He was dealing with a stress reaction in his right foot this year. Maybe he couldn't put as much pressure on his foot when he goes to dunk as he did before he was dealing with his injury.Hopefully he recovers 100% going into next year.
It certainly could be his foot. But, even if his foot were good he takes too long to gather and go up, telegraphing and allowing the defense to challenge. Plus he brings the ball down to gather, and sometimes gets it stripped. Still, his hands are much better and stronger than Brimah's. Keep it high, go up quick, and he'll get the hoop and the harm more often than not.

Reaction Score
Nice to see him improving measurably in at least one area.

I'm looking forward to Enoch having a legitimate shot next year. Hope he rises to the occasion.

Reaction Score
No tongue and cheek. Free throw shooting is a great indicator of shooting form and ability. That is why the best shooters in the game (Curry, Ray Allen) always shoot very well from the line.

If people cannot give credit to the coaching staff for helping develop and improve a player's shooting ability then I don't know what to say.

I don't think its his hands, its his lift. He seems to not be able to jump as high as he did last year. I have noticed it during warm up lines as well. Its crazy because Purvis said sometime last year that Enoch was probably the best athlete on the team, and that seeing someone dunk on Brimah was rare occasion but in practices Enoch dunked on Brimah regularly.

I think it has to do with his foot. He was dealing with a stress reaction in his right foot this year. Maybe he couldn't put as much pressure on his foot when he goes to dunk as he did before he was dealing with his injury.Hopefully he recovers 100% going into next year.
Enoch was dunking easily in the layup line at the AAC.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He's a very good pure shooter, especially for a guy of his size. Foul shooting is all about rhythm, routine, and steady nerves. It seems somewhere over the season, he managed to grasp the above, at least at the stripe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom