Sterling Gibbs Hype.. | The Boneyard

Sterling Gibbs Hype..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It seems like I'm always hearing about how good our team is and how good Shonn or Daniel are but where's the hype for Sterling?? As a guy from Nebraska seeing him beat my hated rival Creighton by a game winner and seeing him shoot threes like lay ups why aren't we more excited about him?!? I think he's going to show Kemba-Shabazz-Boatright brilliance this year.

Reaction Score
Well, you were registered early enough to see the buildup to his transfer.

tcf made the video you linked.

We're pretty excited.

Reaction Score
I don't think he's as talented as Bazz and Boat but he's not far off, he's pretty much as good a shooter as you will find in the country.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Oz seems to think Jalen will be starting at the expense of Gibbs sooner rather than later.

I don't see it...but if that does happen then it probably doesn't mean that Gibbs isn't as good as advertised rather that Adams is even better than we could initially have expected.

Gibbs is more like AJ Price when it comes to being calm and under control. His talent doesn't jump off the screen at you but he operates well at his own pace. Jalen has Husky Nation salivating with his insane athleticism so they should compliment each other very well.

I'm interested to see how Gibbs handles his last and best chance at a deep tourney run. The kid has seen it all and I'm looking forward to bringing on his leadership and experience

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think that this team needs Gibbs to be the quarterback and basketball leader of the team. We need someone who can steady the ship when needed and someone who can handle the pressure and make the big shot or big pass. If Jalen is there, then we should be really good, but I still want the "elder" to be the quarterback, even if his understudy will one day surpass him. What I hope for is a PG leader who can do what KEA and Kemba and Bazz did for their championship teams...take the pressure on themselves and off their teammates. If Sterling could be that guy, then all the others would be a lot better if they could play a little loose. I don't think that Jalen can do that. He can be Ray Allen coming off the bench as a freshman. That's pretty damn good for this team's prospects. Imagine Jalen coming in after the first 8 minutes like Bazz did. What a lift that could be! Rodney could swing down to the three and then we have Sterling to sit and hit 3's setup by Jalen's penetration. Man, so many permutations with this team! This could be very good!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He'll average over 16 for sure, I don't know why people project him to put up less than last year in a worse confrence... I know he have a ton of offensive weapons, but he's the best. I'm expecting big things from him and the team this year

Reaction Score
I think the expectations are so high on Gibbs that we are actually taking his talent as a given and therefore not discussing him as much. Which actually qualifies him as the most hyped of all.
Exactly

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I feel like I will like Sterling as much as I hated Ashton...(a LOT)

Reaction Score
I know he can get his shot from anywhere but we have a few guys that can give him more open 3's with their driving and kicking, Rodney, Purvis, DHam. Can't wait to see him in action.

Reaction Score
Gibbs didn't transfer here for his last opportunity to come off the bench, no disrepect to Oz because he provides great recruiting info but I'm not putting much stock in his bball opinons.

Exactly. I don't see how a fifth year player who shot 44% from 3 last year and scored over 16 ppg is not going to start. Adams will get his minutes but Gibbs will definitely be starting.

I think we are getting close to the point where someone will be predicting a perfect season soon.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Exactly. I don't see how a fifth year player who shot 44% from 3 last year and scored over 16 ppg is not going to start. Adams will get his minutes but Gibbs will definitely be starting.

I think we are getting close to the point where someone will be predicting a perfect season soon.
You're late to the party. scrappy2.o already predicted that.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking our small lineup will be deadly. Adams with the ball, Gibbs playing off the ball with his elite 3 point shooting, Purvis, Hamilton, and Brimah/Miller at the 5. You have two great ball handlers, 4 great scorers, nice threats inside. Who can stop that scoring attack? Nobody, that's who.

Reaction Score
He is easily the best three point shooter on the team. He has made 286 of 674 so far during his career for 42+%. He never had a college season under 40%. He averages 3 or 4 threes a game.

Last year at SHU he had almost 4 assists per game.

Seriously, what's not to like?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

So Far it's PERFECT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky