Sterling Gibbs and Rodney Purvis | The Boneyard

Sterling Gibbs and Rodney Purvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lookout world! I see another UConn 'famous' guard tandem brewing. These two just may rival our other tandems. One game I know but I saw something there. Gibbs 20 points were effortless. Purvis seems to me to rise to the competition, so come big games I'm confident he will show out. Plus he is learning to play with his new teammate but he's played with Boat and Bazz (practice), so he's ready.

But Gibbs is the perfect player to have for Jalen's first year development. At this stage he's better than Adams so Jalen can be 'in class' his freshman year. Both guards will allow Adams to play free, which will be problematic for opposing teams, especially those with no guards coming off the bench. Adams is going to wear opponents out when he comes in.

Just loving our guards, especially when we have special tandems! That has always been a major Championship ingredient for us.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Lookout world! I see another UConn 'famous' guard tandem brewing. These two just may rival our other tandems. One game I know but I saw something there. Gibbs 20 points were effortless. Purvis seems to me to rise to the competition, so come big games I'm confident he will show out. Plus he is learning to play with his new teammate but he's played with Boat and Bazz (practice), so he's ready.

But Gibbs is the perfect player to have for Jalen's first year development. At this stage he's better than Adams so Jalen can be 'in class' his freshman year. Both guards will allow Adams to play free, which will be problematic for opposing teams, especially those with no guards coming off the bench. Adams is going to wear opponents out when he comes in.

Just loving our guards, especially when we have special tandems! That has always been a major Championship ingredient for us.
easy on the tandem thing, long season and we need consistency from them... i do like purvis driving a lot more than settling... i like how gibbs runs the offense and pushes the tempo, and can both shoot the ball and attack the rim...adams is a really nice spark off the bench that has the talent and speed to be subbed and have the team not miss a beat... i loved the ball movement and how we played with energy

caw

Reaction Score
The key though will be Hamiltons ability to facility. He is probably the best passer on the team.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Gibbs reminds me of AJ Price. Not super fast, but very crafty with the ball. And he can shoot the 3 really well.

Reaction Score
Gibbs reminds me of AJ Price. Not super fast, but very crafty with the ball. And he can shoot the 3 really well.
Looked like Gibbs scored 20 without breaking a sweat. Also, loved his interview as he spoke about the rich guard tradition at UCONN. He's psyched to be part of it and will hopefully do something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom