Step back from the ledge . . . | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Step back from the ledge . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The point buried in all this is that every team looks great when jump shots are falling and can look just as terrible when they aren't. We don't have the rebounding to make up for poor shooting performances.

Nor for lack of effort.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
yup! just a way to piss all over each other...
The Boneyard is pretty crabby lately. Not a good natured, bust your butt because you are idiot crabby, but waiting in line 4 hours for gas and they close in front you crabby. I blame conference realignment, the lack of post season eligibility and the Coach P, GDL love affair. We need some good things to happen to get our swagger back. The girls making a run at the NC probably doesn't matter to enough people to turn this around. We need a decent run of success, so for the foreseeble future this is how it's going to be.

Reaction Score
Gotta love the StJ cheerleaders. They're the real deal. Tumbling, pyramids, etc.. Makes me think of the days when UConn.......

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You're being emotional and unreasonable.
Daniels shot 5 of 10, hit 2 of 4 frees, pulled down 7 boards, and 1 block in only 23 minutes, with no turnovers. Not only was he not "absent," he had a very good game, including a couple of attacks on the rim where he was assaulted and got to the line.

Like I said, step back from the ledge. If you are so emotional that you believe DD "was absent," then you really ought to refrain from posting within about 12 hours of a loss and only until you've reviewed the box score.
where are the RJ Evans bashers? He was amazing tonight , that dunk had me on my feet
He really had an outstanding game. I felt the loss was on KO but not for his inability to get energy out of his players but for taking out the hot hand when the run was still going. I couldn't believe he subbed out EW and RJ when he did in the second half. Of course they could have been gassed, but I doubt it. Scratched my head when it happened.

Reaction Score
I feel like RJ may read The Boneyard and saw people (myself included) saying he can't dunk. Or he knows it's better to just dunk in that situation than take some little layup that can get blocked (Boatright cough cough)

Reaction Score
I feel like RJ may read The Boneyard and saw people (myself included) saying he can't dunk. Or he knows it's better to just dunk in that situation than take some little layup that can get blocked (Boatright cough cough)

He just wanted to be able to tell his grandkids someday that he dunked in a game at MSG.

Reaction Score
The effort was fine in the 1st half. Shots just didn't fall. It happens and will continue to happen. Quit bitching and be happy the effort is there.

I get that you're trying to be Makers Muppet 2.0 but I don't think anyone needs a lecture. It's perfectly fine to question the effort after watching them get handled by a pretty lousy St. Johns team. The coach did. Especially given the sieve that passed for defense in the first half. That's effort. It's not like Steve duck**** Lavin cooked up some brilliant scheme that left them flummoxed. The lengths that people will go to absolve the players of any and all accountability for what goes on on the court is just as irritating as people like freescooter who only show up after a loss.

Reaction Score
. . . and put the UConn 3 NT entitlement girly bitching up in the cabinet next to your bra and maxi pads while you're at it.

GREAT comeback.

Any BS about SJ's not being a good team is just that - BS. They're good enough to have won 5 of 6 coming in, and they field a lot of athletic 6/5 to 6/9 guys.

Fact is, we had another can't-hit-a-bull-in-the-ass with a shovel half. Happens. Happens more often when you're a rag-tag fugitive fleet.

BUT - they came back. All the way, but not quite.

There were some very nice pluses in this game -

Niels had a great game, even with missing/hacking a couple inside opportunities. I LOVE this kid finally starting to build offensive confidence. Would not have happened under JC. Would love to see a few 3s start to fall for him.

Omar - guy is a flat out stud. His 3 point shot is just flat out money. Slow start, then single handedly gave CPR to the whole team.

Wolf - very solid game. Give that m------r f------------r an elbow to the head. How do you say, "quit your bitchin'?" in German?

Not sure what happened to Boat, but he needs to be shown the tape of this game any time he voices any hint whatsoever of leaving early. He was a terrible drag on the team. As another poster said, we probably should have stayed with RJ down the stretch.

All in all, this was a hell of a game from a rag-tag fugitive fleet, including the robotic dog. The team fought all the way back from a huge deficit in a hostile building against a team that out-athleticed them in virtually every position. I love watching this team.

Yeah yeah. Sure. No W. But if you can't appreciate what a feat it is for this team to be in all of these games, excepting a game against the #1 team in the country (at the time), then you're a pantywaist fan and blow it out your -ss.
At what point do you guys get pissed after a loss instead of sounding like the Miami Heat good job good effort kid? For me it was after the first loss but we're at 6 and counting and people are still trying to find the silver lining. We played like dog crap and thats all there is to it. Efforts like that won't win a National Championship in 2014. If feeling that way makes me entitled than call me entitled, quite frankly i don't care.

By the way, for those of you who don't know, if we had beating St Johns and Seton Hall the Cuse game next Wednesday would have been for first place in the conference. The only thing we're playing for is first place in the conference and all we had to do was beat a decent team and a very bad team. What do we do? We lay an egg in the first half and then crumble at the end. So much for that championship.

J

JustHusky

I'm just gonna try to sum it up here. Everyone that thinks that this was the worst performance of the century or something can shove it up their . At the same time, Perspective over there really does sound like ether a woman, or the good job kid on the heat, that was definitely not a pretty game by any means to watch. And for everyone hating on Daniels, the poor kid can play, pretty well at that, and if it wasn't for him, Calhoun, and Giffey, this game would have appeared as even more of a pile of .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom