Stef may have made the USA team, | The Boneyard

Stef may have made the USA team,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@NHRJimFuller: Neither Brittney Griner nor Elena Delle Donne will play for @usabasketball in upcoming FIBA World Championships

You go girl and be safe!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I replied to Jim asking if this is confirmed. I can find no other confirmation yet.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Do you take Stef or Jantel Lavender or both? With no Griner or Fowles, or Parker, I think you may take both. Certainly don't need Simms AND Diggins AND McBride.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This appears to be a little early - Jim has since corrected - the BG decision is still pending.

Reaction Score
Simms is built like a middle linebacker..........She can hndle the rough play.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
With European style play being more physical, you have to go with the players who can bang down low or out in the guard position.

So for physical play, Dolson as a center is a must. Stef knows how to bang down low.

For the guards, without question you take Odyssey Simms. Simms has shown she likes to play physical and she is a better 3 point shooter and defender than Skyler.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Stef would be ideal. International play of the better teams will involve trying to slow down the game and playing out the shot clock in a half court game. Rebounding key as they force teams to take long shots by crowding the lanes.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
SIMS
We are very particular about how people spell Uconn players names and our coaches names and generally about other players as well. This has been bugging me for a few years that a lot of people cannot get Odyssey Sims name right. I realize for Giants fans dropping an 'M' might be a little harder than for others, but please?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I agree that Dolson is a banger, but she does not have any international experience where as we just learned (or at least I did) that Lavender lead the Euro League in scoring and was second in rebounding - that is a serious accomplishment not dissimilar to Jones' accomplishment the year before she joined the Olympic team. She has experience playing against most of the centers USA will meet in the WC including starting in front of the French center on her WNBA team.
I agree the USA does not need to look for either Dolson or Lavender to provide serious scoring but having someone at center who has demanded attention from these international centers before might be beneficial to the overall offensive production of the team.
I love Dolson so will certainly not be disappointed if she is selected. I'm just looking at the alternative selection and seeing possible advantages.

Reaction Score
SIMS
We are very particular about how people spell Uconn players names and our coaches names and generally about other players as well. This has been bugging me for a few years that a lot of people cannot get Odyssey Sims name right. I realize for Giants fans dropping an 'M' might be a little harder than for others, but please?
Can we still spell it Steph instead of Stef? Why people can't get that one right I will never know.

Reaction Score
SIMS
Mmaybe that is a simmple thing for somme two due. Mmy opinion is that mmost young people can't spell well because of all the abbreviations used while mmessaging. Just mmy t0o sense worth. :eek:

45 TO GO

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Mmaybe that is a simmple thing for somme two due. Mmy opinion is that mmost young people can't spell well because of all the abbreviations used while mmessaging. Just mmy t0o sense worth. :eek:

45 TO GO
hmmmm!
I blaim auticorect ask we'll

HGN

Reaction Score
Good Luck to All the girls......No matter who is selected for the final roster. They are all good and deserving. I would not want to be the selection committee on this one.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
No where did they say that.
You are right. I'm sorry. Read too quickly:

Tina Charles and Candice Dupree are the only true post players left in the U.S. roster pool who have played in the world championship or Olympics.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
semper said:
You are right. I'm sorry. Read too quickly:

Tina Charles and Candice Dupree are the only true post players left in the U.S. roster pool who have played in the world championship or Olympics.

Thought Dupree was a 4, not a 5

G

genosguy

Do you take Stef or Jantel Lavender or both? With no Griner or Fowles, or Parker, I think you may take both. Certainly don't need Simms AND Diggins AND McBride.
Diggins and McBride both give important things to USA--scoring punch and ballhandling abilities
But neither can give you BIG--Steff, let us face it, isn't as mobile as those who won't play--she's slower, decent 15 ft and inside scorer, but needs help on defense. I love Steff with a passion and believe she gives the team "spirit" and fun for that alone she should be taken along.

G

genosguy

Re
Thought Dupree was a 4, not a 5
Really I thought her an 8 or 9 somedays even 9.4, I think 4 is a negative reach. But I like her as a power forward, sometimes center, never a point guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom