Stef as TV Host - Name of Potential Walk-on | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stef as TV Host - Name of Potential Walk-on

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Thanks for the picture, AllHusky! Since there is no team dinner this year (confirmed by JA of the Courant), it is the only sighting of her we might have until the exhibition games.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
"Junior guard Brianna Banks, who underwent surgery to repair a torn ACL in her right knee March 14, was working on pull-up jumpers without a brace today at Gampel Pavilion."

That's interesting (and encouraging) that she is practicing sans brace. I wonder if she will still wear one in games from here on out, or not? Does anyone remember if Doty wore one after her freshman-year ACL injury? I only remember the more recent brace she wore after the last injury.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Stef is simply an awesome personality. And is anyone else shocked she likes and prefers being in front of the camera. I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.

Stef has such a warm and engaging personality. I think her summer with Kerith pointed her in a good post-bb career direction. What a charmer she is!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Thanks for doing the legwork Phil. When was the last time you looked up a rule and it was simpler that you thought it should be? :)

LOL (literally) Good point.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting. Makes me wonder though. Is she going to continue with T&F? Don't they compete indoors in the winter? And wouldn't that conflict with basketball?

Answering my own question, yes they do. And Pulid did compete in the In-door season in the long jump and 60m hurdles. I suppose if she is a walk-on the T&F team she can walk-off if she wants?? Don't see how she would be able to do both and school. And I would think Geno would want a commitment, as I'm sure the T&F coach would.

Oh and for DD and a few others, she "listed" at 5-7.......hmmmmm, we'll see.
I suspect she could handle the training for high jump and maybe hurdles as T&F is generally so individualized for training - think the 4x400 would be harder. And of course there might be some actual meet conflicts with games. But players do get excused from practices for academic and or personal reason so I would think as long as the commitment is there, the coaches would be able to work around the conflicts.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
ummm....just a thought...isn't one of our verbals for 2014 also a track star? If so, this is a wise choice for a walk on I think.

Reaction Score
We're missing the most important fact about Miss Pulido as a walk on. Max Preps lists her at 5'-7" Once we see her standing next to Bria, we can finally put the height-gate
conspiracy theory to rest. :p

Reaction Score
We're missing the most important fact about Miss Pulido as a walk on. Max Preps lists her at 5'-7" Once we see her standing next to Bria, we can finally put the height-gate
conspiracy theory to rest. :p
Now if it's really "height-gate" by Uconn, Pulido could be listed at 5'9" and Hartley could remain at 5'7" even if proven to out-height Pulido.

Reaction Score
Bria, Breanna, Brianna, Briana.... this is getting silly. Can they keep themselves straight? Can Geno/CD/Shea/Marissa? My mother used to confuse my sister and I - and our names were no where near alike. Practices will be interesting with so many Bri/Bre names.

Seriously, welcome Briana. Just ignore all the ninnies who will scream for you to "SHOOT!" every time you touch the ball.
In middle school choir, i remember we had 4 Sarah's 3 Ashley's 2 Olivia's and 2 Alyssa's, it was nuts.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I found the rules. More complicated than it seems like they should be.

I had originally thought there was a simple cascade of sports. Not quite, here are the rules:

15.5.9 Multi-Sport Participants.
15.5.9.1 Football. [FBS/FCS] In football, a counter who was recruited (per Bylaw 15.02.8) and/or offered
financial aid to participate in football and who participates (practices or competes) in football and one or more
sports (including basketball) shall be counted in football. A counter who was not recruited (per Bylaw 15.02.8)
and/or offered financial aid to participate in football and who competes in football and one or more sports (in209
Financial Aid
cluding basketball) shall be counted in football. (Revised: 1/10/95 effective 8/1/95, 1/9/96 effective 8/1/96, 1/15/11
effective 8/1/11)
15.5.9.1.1 Initial Counter. [FBS/FCS] A counter who previously has not been counted in football shall
be considered an initial counter even though the student-athlete already has received countable financial aid
in another sport.
15.5.9.1.2 Championship Subdivision Football Exception. [FCS] A counter who practices or competes
in football at a Football Championship Subdivision institution that elects to use the football counter
and initial-counter exception set forth in Bylaw 15.5.6.2.1 and who practices or competes in another sport
and receives countable financial aid in another sport shall be counted in the institution’s financial aid limitations
in the other sport. (Adopted: 1/10/95, Revised: 12/15/06)
15.5.9.2 Basketball. A counter who practices or competes in basketball and one or more other sports (other
than football) shall be counted in basketball.
15.5.9.3 Ice Hockey, Men’s. A counter who practices or competes in men’s ice hockey and one or more other
sports (other than football or basketball) shall be counted in men’s ice hockey. (Adopted: 1/16/93 effective 8/1/93)
15.5.9.4 Swimming and Diving/Water Polo, Men’s. A counter who practices or competes in both men’s
swimming and diving and men’s water polo at a member institution shall be counted in men’s swimming and
diving, unless he counts in football or basketball.
15.5.9.5 Volleyball, Women’s. A counter who practices or competes in women’s volleyball and one or more
other sports (other than basketball) shall be counted in women’s volleyball.
15.5.9.5.1 Participation in Women’s Volleyball in Second Year of Enrollment After Counter
Status in Women’s Sand Volleyball in First Year of Enrollment. A student-athlete who was a counter
in women’s sand volleyball during her initial year of full-time enrollment at the certifying institution and
participates (practices and competes) in women’s volleyball during her second year of full-time enrollment at
the certifying institution shall be a counter in women’s volleyball for her initial year of full-time enrollment
at the certifying institution. (Adopted: 1/15/11 effective 8/1/11)
15.5.9.6 Two-Year Exception. If an individual has participated in a sport other than basketball, field hockey
or women’s volleyball for two years or more since the individual’s initial collegiate enrollment and would be involved
only in basketball, field hockey or women’s volleyball practice sessions, such a student would not become
a counter in those sports until the student actually competes as a member of that institution’s intercollegiate
team, at either the varsity or junior varsity level. (Revised: 1/10/95 effective 8/1/95, 1/9/96 effective 8/1/96)
15.5.9.7 Other Sports. Except as otherwise provided in this section, a counter who participates in two or
more sports shall be counted in one of the sports but shall not be counted in the others.
15.5.9.7.1 Requirement to Qualify as Multi-Sport Athlete. [FBS/FCS] To be considered a multiple-
sport athlete under this section, an individual must meet all of the following requirements:
(a) The individual shall report and participate fully in regularly organized practice with each squad;
(b) The individual shall participate where qualified in actual competition in each sport;
(c) The individual shall be a member of each squad for the entire playing and practice season; and
(d) If a recruited student-athlete (per Bylaw 15.02.8), the individual shall have been earnestly recruited
to participate in the sport in which financial aid is counted (the institution recruiting the student athlete
shall have a reasonable basis to believe that the student-athlete is capable of participating in
the institution’s varsity intercollegiate program in that sport, including documentation of a record
of previous participation in organized competition in the sport that supports the student-athlete’s
potential

The complexity of this rule is so emblematic of why the NCAA is mucked up when it comes to enforcing their own rules.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
We gotta go to nicknames and last names, as in Stewie, Banks, Hartley, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom