Staying Positive--Best Stewie Stories | The Boneyard

Staying Positive--Best Stewie Stories

Reaction Score
Hi,

Recently, I have read a lot of negative things on BY--and elsewhere too.

I refuse to let COVID--which has affected my loved ones and others I know--get me down.

Let's have fun. I like fun.

What are your favorite Stewie stories?

1. Stewie is maybe 17. She is playing on the U-19 team. She bumps into Katie Meier, the coach, in the lobby of the hotel the morning of the championship game. KM says to her, "I really want to win this game." Stewie's response was, "Don't worry Coach, I've got it."

Of course, Stewie lit up the other team. We win the gold. KM said afterward that she was amazed by Stewie's maturity, being so young.

2. It's right before the Syracuse NC game. Stewie is asked for a prediction. She says UConn will win. The press asks Geno about this. Shaking his head, he says, "Jesus, Mary, and Josef. Did she really say that?" The press asks Stewie again. She says, "What am I supposed to say? I think we are going to lose?" You cannot make this up. Of course, we beat Syracuse by 30. And it could have been 50.

Care to share?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
I still wanna know how there are pics of her signing her LOI on the top of the car??

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
A few years ago I received a phone call from a friend of mine whose daughters played AAU ball against some of NYs greats, Epiphany Prince, Tina Charles, Bria Hartley Danelle Wilson Kia Vaughn and a few others. He told me he had just seen the best female BB player he had ever seen and she wants to play for UConn. He continued to say she shoots like Diana, dribbles like Sue Bird, runs like a gazelle, and can grab the rim and is 6'3. I asked her name and he said Breanna Stewart. I said I never heard of her and he said no one has ever heard of her. She lives in upstate NY and he said shes 13. He said call Geno and dont email him. I hesitated and then set an email to the asst coaches. An hour later he called back with a couple of the top AAU coaches who had seen her and said did you call Genos office and I said no. One of the AAU grabbed the phone out of his hand and said Tonyc she is the best high school players Ive ever seen call Geno right now she wants to play for UConn. So I called Genos office left a message with Sara and the rest is history.

Reaction Score
A few years ago I received a phone call from a friend of mine whose daughters played AAU ball against some of NYs greats, Epiphany Prince, Tina Charles, Bria Hartley Danelle Wilson Kia Vaughn and a few others. He told me he had just seen the best female BB player he had ever seen and she wants to play for UConn. He continued to say she shoots like Diana, dribbles like Sue Bird, runs like a gazelle, and can grab the rim and is 6'3. I asked her name and he said Breanna Stewart. I said I never heard of her and he said no one has ever heard of her. She lives in upstate NY and he said shes 13. He said call Geno and dont email him. I hesitated and then set an email to the asst coaches. An hour later he called back with a couple of the top AAU coaches who had seen her and said did you call Genos office and I said no. One of the AAU grabbed the phone out of his hand and said Tonyc she is the best high school players Ive ever seen call Geno right now she wants to play for UConn. So I called Genos office left a message with Sara and the rest is history.
Hi,

Thank you for sharing. This is a wonderful story.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score

That was the play that opened my eyes about Stewart. I did not think of her as being particularly athletic before then, just blessed with great skills and length. Even in that play she does not look like she is running fast, yet she makes up about ten yards in order to make the block. Since then it often appears to me like Stewart is an adult physically, playing with kids.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I'm biased but I like this view better. :)

Reaction Score
Hi,

Recently, I have read a lot of negative things on BY--and elsewhere too.

I refuse to let COVID--which has affected my loved ones and others I know--get me down.

Let's have fun. I like fun.

What are your favorite Stewie stories?

1. Stewie is maybe 17. She is playing on the U-19 team. She bumps into Katie Meier, the coach, in the lobby of the hotel the morning of the championship game. KM says to her, "I really want to win this game." Stewie's response was, "Don't worry Coach, I've got it."

Of course, Stewie lit up the other team. We win the gold. KM said afterward that she was amazed by Stewie's maturity, being so young.

2. It's right before the Syracuse NC game. Stewie is asked for a prediction. She says UConn will win. The press asks Geno about this. Shaking his head, he says, "Jesus, Mary, and Josef. Did she really say that?" The press asks Stewie again. She says, "What am I supposed to say? I think we are going to lose?" You cannot make this up. Of course, we beat Syracuse by 30. And it could have been 50.

Care to share?
Love this thread - just a tad ironic with the title of it.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Flashback to a Seattle v. Lib game and a pair of shoes....

Reaction Score
Stewie is my all time favorite - barely ahead of DT. Her basketball career speaks for itself but nothing comes close to the bravery of her Players Tribune article - Me Too | By Breanna Stewart

That article shook me to the core coming from such a stoic personality...she's the greatest.

Reaction Score
Stewie is my all time favorite - barely ahead of DT. Her basketball career speaks for itself but nothing comes close to the bravery of her Players Tribune article - Me Too | By Breanna Stewart

That article shook me to the core coming from such a stoic personality...she's the greatest.
Me too. (no pun intended) I was crying by the time I finished it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom