Status Update | The Boneyard

Status Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Just putting this up to share where we are as far as 2020's the new Staff has offered to this point and that we are still involved with.

(All Rankings by 247)

Guards-
Cameron Thomas - #30
Hassan Diarra - #120 (No reported offer yet but he's been to like 6 games this year and we've visited him multiple times)
Jamal Mashburn Jr. - #135
Taelon Martin - #200

Wings
Andre Jackson - #42
DeMarr Langford Jr. - #74
Justin Lewis - #129

Forwards
Noah Collier - #82
Richard Springs - #103
Kareem Reid - #168
Matt Cross - #221

Centers
Mark Williams - #44
Clifford Omoruyi - #59

C

Chief00

How many spots do we think we will looking to fill? 2? 3?

How long are we short a scholarship? I believe one year, correct? If so look for three. I think Danny’s goal is classes of 3-4 in the early years.

Reaction Score
How long are we short a scholarship? I believe one year, correct? If so look for three. I think Danny’s goal is classes of 3-4 in the early years.

We self-imposed for one year, hopefully the NCAA calls it a day at that.

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson and Clifford Omoruyi please with Matt Cross as a third if another scholarship opens up.

Agree 100%. Wouldn’t mind Springs as a backup for Cliff.

Reaction Score
Not sure who the backup for Omoruyi would be, but Springs is a face up 4, not a traditional center.

Have heard that we’re a runaway favorite for Springs, though.
Would be nice to lock him down now, he's a good player.

Reaction Score
Would be nice to lock him down now, he's a good player.
IMO he's kind of stuck in the "skilled, but soft" zone as a pure 4. Will his range extend to the perimeter, or become better on the boards/defending the rim? I think if you're convinced he'll do either one of those, or maybe both, then sign him up. It's clear the ceiling is high between his athleticism and signs of shooting touch. The coaches have probably seen him a lot and have a good idea.

Going off what I've seen from him, and considering our scholarship count for 2020, I'd be hesitant to try to get him to commit so early. Collier and Cross are hybrid forwards. Can you take that type of player and Springs in this class? I'm not sure you can, which complicates things. But you could argue that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score
need a shot blocker at the rim! let's the guards pressure up top!

Reaction Score
If it were this year, we would've taken Springs. Next year, we can be more selective. We can do better than Springs.

Reaction Score
If it were this year, we would've taken Springs. Next year, we can be more selective. We can do better than Springs.

Sounds like Hurley's recruiting strategy for the 5 spot this year. Not sure I'm a fan, given the results...

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
What happened to Taelon Martin? Wasn’t he a top recruit a year ago?

Reaction Score
IMO he's kind of stuck in the "skilled, but soft" zone as a pure 4. Will his range extend to the perimeter, or become better on the boards/defending the rim? I think if you're convinced he'll do either one of those, or maybe both, then sign him up. It's clear the ceiling is high between his athleticism and signs of shooting touch. The coaches have probably seen him a lot and have a good idea.

Going off what I've seen from him, and considering our scholarship count for 2020, I'd be hesitant to try to get him to commit so early. Collier and Cross are hybrid forwards. Can you take that type of player and Springs in this class? I'm not sure you can, which complicates things. But you could argue that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
True, I keep forgetting we most likely only have a couple of spots for that class.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What happened to Taelon Martin? Wasn’t he a top recruit a year ago?

IIRC he left the area? I want to say Potter's House down in Jacksonville, but I could be mistaken.

Reaction Score
Sure, but he's in the 200s now. Was he overhyped?
He is back at Putnam High in Springfield. His stats this yr r the same as it was 2 yrs ago. It looks like he did not progress at all in the past 2 yrs. Taelon does not have access to the best facilities now that he is back in Springfield. He always had high D1 athleticism and was not overated. He should have gone to a prep school like Putnam Science Academy where most of the students r basketball players. His game will actually take off if PSA takes him. Taelon's dream school is UCLA and Ohio St but that is not likely to happen.

Reactions: pj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro