Stats spreadsheet is updated with Baylor info | The Boneyard

Stats spreadsheet is updated with Baylor info

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Now that there's multiple games, the summary sheets come into play.

Get the numbers here.

Feeling lazy & uninspired, despite the ladies' lovely stretches of UConn-style defense and Crystal's fearless attack. No further comment.

Reaction Score
Very interesting and helpful. I saw that you have stock quote on the ribbon. I had to use yahoo servers to get stock quote with excel. Many years ago, MS let us use their servers for stock quote but they killed the query. I also use google financial to get stock quote. Is there a way to access ms servers for stock quote?

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Very interesting and helpful. I saw that you have stock quote on the ribbon. I had to use yahoo servers to get stock quote with excel. Many years ago, MS let us use their servers for stock quote but they killed the query. I also use google financial to get stock quote. Is there a way to access ms servers for stock quote?

The spreadsheet content doesn't set anything into the ribbon as far as I know. In any case, I'm pretty sure my 2007 version of Excel doesn't have such capability. That's something in your configuration.

Reaction Score
T
Now that there's multiple games, the summary sheets come into play.

Get the numbers here.

Feeling lazy & uninspired, despite the ladies' lovely stretches of UConn-style defense and Crystal's fearless attack. No further comment.
Thank you for the spreadsheet. Please forgive my ignorance--but what value is added by taking the games stats and projecting them into 40 minutes? What is learned from the mathematical manipulation? Is there something to be seen further down the season, that I'm missing?? No offense, I'm trying to understand what you are doing???????

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
T

Thank you for the spreadsheet. Please forgive my ignorance--but what value is added by taking the games stats and projecting them into 40 minutes? What is learned from the mathematical manipulation? Is there something to be seen further down the season, that I'm missing?? No offense, I'm trying to understand what you are doing???????

Looking at a box score without the minutes, you would have no idea of the efficiency of a player who scored 10 points versus one who scored 20. If the one scoring 20 played 40 minutes and the one scoring 10 played 10 minutes, the second player scored twice as many points per minute as the first. You can argue (with some justification) that which minutes (e.g. first five of the game versus last five) should be taken into account, but even that isn't completely revealing because sometimes all the opponent's starters are in the game until the end. Also, which teammates were on the floor with her is a significant factor. However, I don't have the urge to go through the play-by-play listing to winkle out those facts.

Over a season, most players (except the end-of-bench denizens) will be in more varied situations, so the effect of when & with who will even out somewhat and the per-minute stats become more revealing when you look at the summaries.

I've just taken the box score and standardized it to performance-per-unit-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom