Stats, more stats and other stuff | The Boneyard

Stats, more stats and other stuff

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I apologize for stealing a bit of DavidNaples thunder but like David I am a bit of a stats geek.

1. Williams and Collier lead for the year in rebounding. Any guesses who is third? Give yourself a gold star if you guessed Nat.

2. Speaking of Williams, I wonder how many teams (men or women) have a player that leads in rebounding, assists and steals. Amazing.

3. Crystal is 11-37 for the year from three in 15 games. Just under 30%. I wonder if she has the same freedom to shoot from distance as Lou or Kia.

4. I wonder if I am the one that wishes that Kyla would have gotten more than three minutes against Temple considering all the family she had there.

5. In addition to her impressive stat line, Collier's perimeter defense appears to have improved. She did a nice job of keeping her man in front of her.

6. Temple had four fewer offensive rebounds than the Huskies had total. 26 to 30. Surrendering offensive rebounds was an early season issue that I thought they had fixed. It wasn't a factor in the outcome but it may be in the future.

7. I wonder how many teams have higher team FT percentage than UConn. Certainly an advantage once the tourney starts.

8. Count me among those that noticed that Justine was particularly well-dressed. Just making observations here.

9. That seemed to be a tournament-type sub rotation that Geno used against Temple. Gabby's foul trouble and Kia's ankle effected it some but I think it was close to what he does if all are healthy.

10. The best stat of all: having the entire roster available.

Reaction Score
I wonder if I am the one that wishes that Kyla would have gotten more than three minutes against Temple considering all the family she had there.

I was wondering about this also. That is not an easy trip her family and the game was very much in hand.

Reaction Score
I apologize for stealing a bit of DavidNaples thunder but like David I am a bit of a stats geek.

7. I wonder how many teams have higher team FT percentage than UConn. Certainly an advantage once the tourney starts.
Uconn is 17th in Team FT percentage. South Dakota leads it at 81.5% . There are no teams in the Power 5 Conferences that have a FT percentage as high as UConn.

Here is a really good website for team statistics:

WBB > The National Statistical Concern

It is free for a limited number of inquiries each day, but you can always look again tomorrow. If you want to see the data base sorted by any one of the team stats, click on the top of the column where the label is, and it will sort them from highest to lowest. The sorts do not use your inquiries.

For instance, did you know that UConn is second in 3pt accuracy, trailing Michigan, or that the Huskies are tied for 32nd in steals per game. In steals, they trail a lot of teams that you will be familiar with (including LSU, Colorado, Syracuse, Duke, Maryland and UCLA).

Its a fun site.

Reaction Score
Stop---Stop---My brain is overloaded!! Web site, web site, stat , stat stat --I told I wasn't a stat guy. \
But it was good. Thanks guys---thanks for all the websites---and the overload of STATS. Thanks.
My biggest stat--I like Uconn Women's Basketball--every member!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom