Stats comparison of Charli and Olivia | The Boneyard

Stats comparison of Charli and Olivia

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I was wondering how Olivia stacks up against the projected #1 WNBA pick, Charli Collier. Perhaps they are right since she has opt out of college b-ball after this season. Money for #1 pick is hard to pass up. In any case outside of scoring (12.5 vs. 20.1) Olivia matches up reasonably well. Of course one might cite the discrepancy in minutes, Olivia 25.4 per game versus Charli's 32.9. Relative to scoring it does not matter since Charli averages 0.61 points per minute.While Olivia avarages 0.49. Olivia is more efficient (FG% 58% vs. 51%). Rebounds are different. Charli averages 0.35 boards per minute. While Olivia averages 0.31. Olivia has become quite the "point" post with her passing and assists. Charli could be considered a basketball black hole from which the ball never returns, ergo 13 assists. My impression from viewing a few Texas games has Olivia more involved in setting screens. Possibly explaining to some degree their scoring difference. Olivia has not fouled out while Charli has fouled out 7 times. Bit surprised Olivia has more blocks and fewer turnovers. In any case with more improvement Olivia might be quite well positioned for next year's WNBA draft.
Some stats I did for another post showed Charli averaging 13.5 points per game versus the BIG12 leaders (Baylor, WV, OK St, Iowa St) and Texas A&M (4 wins 7 losses). Against all the other opponents she averaged 24.6 points per game (14-2).

1615849407728.png

Reaction Score
ONO is the better athlete, defender, and passer. I think she has the higher ceiling, but she needs to be more consistent shooting mids/3s. Collier shoots better, and is more physical down low with more moves. However, I dont think those moves work against any quality big. She checks out against tough teams.

I think the Collier could use another year, and ONO next year could turn into something special with consistency.

Reaction Score
They both bring so much to their teams. Both very talented players.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Hard to do a head to head with such different types of teams and results. Another big difference is the number of fouls Collier is drawing, which suggest a very different usage.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I was wondering how Olivia stacks up against the projected #1 WNBA pick, Charli Collier. Perhaps they are right since she has opt out of college b-ball after this season. Money for #1 pick is hard to pass up. In any case outside of scoring (12.5 vs. 20.1) Olivia matches up reasonably well. Of course one might cite the discrepancy in minutes, Olivia 25.4 per game versus Charli's 32.9. Relative to scoring it does not matter since Charli averages 0.61 points per minute.While Olivia avarages 0.49. Olivia is more efficient (FG% 58% vs. 51%). Rebounds are different. Charli averages 0.35 boards per minute. While Olivia averages 0.31. Olivia has become quite the "point" post with her passing and assists. Charli could be considered a basketball black hole from which the ball never returns, ergo 13 assists. My impression from viewing a few Texas games has Olivia more involved in setting screens. Possibly explaining to some degree their scoring difference. Olivia has not fouled out while Charli has fouled out 7 times. Bit surprised Olivia has more blocks and fewer turnovers. In any case with more improvement Olivia might be quite well positioned for next year's WNBA draft.
Some stats I did for another post showed Charli averaging 13.5 points per game versus the BIG12 leaders (Baylor, WV, OK St, Iowa St) and Texas A&M (4 wins 7 losses). Against all the other opponents she averaged 24.6 points per game (14-2).

View attachment 65873
The stats are much appreciated and well noted of your observations on both.

The problem you have is your misunderstanding of what a #1 pick makes- $68,000 for the new collective bargaining agreement. Not really the windfall that you suggest to "jump for the money". While the season is only 3-4 months long that's pretty decent salary but then the picks have to head to Europe. The next years salary are dependent on success and growth but is still capped due to the less than popular and hence lower money making abilities of the league.
By contrast, Entry level IT Tech grads are making $52,000 and first year accountants are making $64,000.

Keep up the good stats work as I always appreciate these types of analysis. :cool:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The stats are much appreciated and well noted of your observations on both.

The problem you have is your misunderstanding of what a #1 pick makes- $68,000 for the new collective bargaining agreement. Not really the windfall that you suggest to "jump for the money". While the season is only 3-4 months long that's pretty decent salary but then the picks have to head to Europe. The next years salary are dependent on success and growth but is still capped due to the less than popular and hence lower money making abilities of the league.
By contrast, Entry level IT Tech grads are making $52,000 and first year accountants are making $64,000.

Keep up the good stats work as I always appreciate these types of analysis. :cool:
Not really the windfall
Well my remark was meant to be relative to the other draft positions, not an absolsute reference. Plus I suspect being the #1 WNBA draftee has an influence on her overseas income at least initially. Sixty-eight thousand for four months is luxury pay versus an annual income of $52K for an IT graduate.
next years salary are dependent on success and growth
"Equal pay for equal work" is a misnomer. "Equal pay for equal production" was my motto after I adjusted the income for the egregiously underpaid employees which by the way made me no friends with other managers.
capped due to the less than popular
I learned no matter how much I really enjoyed my work and how well I produced; my income would be capped if the company employing me was not successful in its marketplace. The WNBA players have the option of playing overseas for better income. As for all the travel there are millions workers traveling every day to earn far less income.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
ONO is the better athlete, defender, and passer. I think she has the higher ceiling, but she needs to be more consistent shooting mids/3s. Collier shoots better, and is more physical down low with more moves. However, I dont think those moves work against any quality big. She checks out against tough teams.

I think the Collier could use another year, and ONO next year could turn into something special with consistency.
" Collier shoots better" What is your proof? Liv FG% 58, Charli 51%. Charli also misses many shots in the restricted area be they called layups or bunnies. Watch a few of her games for proof. For free throws she is better than Liv. When another Texas big enters the game Charli does not seem to know how to work with her. Charli floats to the high post and perimeter without positive effect. The chemistry between Olivia and Aaliyah is light years better.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Hard to do a head to head with such different types of teams and results. Another big difference is the number of fouls Collier is drawing, which suggest a very different usage.
But yet it must be done. Me? No! You? No! WNBA scouts? Scouts for overseas teams? Yes! Easy? No! Impossible? No!

Reaction Score
While I have typically been critical of Collier, she has gotten stronger and more aggressive each year. Picture ONO with Edward's motor.

Reaction Score
" Collier shoots better" What is your proof? Liv FG% 58, Charli 51%. Charli also misses many shots in the restricted area be they called layups or bunnies. Watch a few of her games for proof. For free throws she is better than Liv. When another Texas big enters the game Charli does not seem to know how to work with her. Charli floats to the high post and perimeter without positive effect. The chemistry between Olivia and Aaliyah is light years better.
She shoots 3's and jumpers better, is what I was going for. Her mechanics suggest she could be a stretch big in the pros, while ONO's mechanics are somewhat rough. The percentages are what they are, but I dont think ONO is taking many shots that aren't layups.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
She shoots 3's and jumpers better, is what I was going for. Her mechanics suggest she could be a stretch big in the pros, while ONO's mechanics are somewhat rough. The percentages are what they are, but I dont think ONO is taking many shots that aren't layups.
So style points, eh? Olivia takes jumpers when Aaliyah is in the game. otherwise not so much since she is then relegated to the basket.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
But yet it must be done. Me? No! You? No! WNBA scouts? Scouts for overseas teams? Yes! Easy? No! Impossible? No!
Nope - I don't think it does, really. You look at the player and the style of play, and then match with similar players if that style of play is what you are looking for. I don't suspect Collier and Ono will play similar games as pros, nor likely be in similar offenses. It is like comparing Edwards and Ono and expecting to be an 'either or' head to head choice down the road as pros.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom