Stats 3-in-1... | The Boneyard

Stats 3-in-1...

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
...'cause I've been busy, injured and lazy. But, stats thru the L'ville game are found at the usual place.

A good win against a good team. Amazing first quarter!

I find myself wondering at the substitution pattern -- was it to see how the starters fare at the slow-down offense against a good team? If not, I'm seriously befuddled.

I find myself also wondering about Ms. Durr. The only time I've seen her play and I'm very impressed with her shot-making abilities. But I saw nothing else from her. No screens, no passing, no boxing out. NPOY?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
...'cause I've been busy, injured and lazy. But, stats thru the L'ville game are found at the usual place.

I find myself wondering at the substitution pattern -- was it to see how the starters fare at the slow-down offense against a good team? If not, I'm seriously befuddled.

I find myself also wondering about Ms. Durr. The only time I've seen her play and I'm very impressed with her shot-making abilities. But I saw nothing else from her. No screens, no passing, no boxing out. NPOY?
Thanks for the update, and I think you answered your own question as to Ms Durr and the NPOY.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

My opinion on NPOY criteria is exactly what Durr, Mitchell and Wilson bring to the party, they are high scorers, not necessarily "Team" players, thus the "P" in NPOY???

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I enjoy Jeff and think he is a very good coach, but ... generally he has a very different style to Geno (maybe because he has only a couple of star quality players?) If you look at the UL offense lots of dribbling and lots of sets looking to one of their two stars. It can certainly be effective, but it makes defending them easier, just as it has in the last 16 games for Uconn.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I enjoy Jeff and think he is a very good coach, but ... generally he has a very different style to Geno (maybe because he has only a couple of star quality players?) If you look at the UL offense lots of dribbling and lots of sets looking to one of their two stars. It can certainly be effective, but it makes defending them easier, just as it has in the last 16 games for Uconn.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. What's the first thing most opposing coaches say in pregame pressers when playing UConn? "They're so hard to defend because they can all score." How many other teams do opposing coaches say that about? I don't know the answer, I suspect it's not many, and I doubt Louisville is among them.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
My opinion on NPOY criteria is exactly what Durr, Mitchell and Wilson bring to the party, they are high scorers, not necessarily "Team" players, thus the "P" in NPOY???

I disagree that scoring points is the only skill necessary to be the best player in the land. If you only have one skill, your influence on the outcome of your games can be negated more easily, as Asia's was.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom