States Highest Paid Employee | The Boneyard

States Highest Paid Employee

Reaction Score
ESPN has an article about each states highest paid public employee.

In many states, it's a football coach. In Connecticut, it's Dan Hurley.

None of that is a surprise but here is my question?

Is Nick Saban, Dabo Sweeney and John Calipari the highest paid "salaried" employee in their respective states whether public or private? I'm not saying others don't make more total earnings but what what makes their circumstances so unique is they are working in relatively poor states and guaranteed a weekly paycheck far beyond anyone else in the state.

Reaction Score

Is Nick Saban, Dabo Sweeney and John Calipari the highest paid "salaried" employee in their respective states whether public or private? I'm not saying others don't make more total earnings but what what makes their circumstances so unique is they are working in relatively poor states and guaranteed a weekly paycheck far beyond anyone else in the state.
Funny how they manage to support those coaches no matter who starves.

Reaction Score

You don't think Nick Saban generates enough additional revenue to justify his salary?

Reaction Score

You are familiar with the phrase, "Not a dime back."

Reaction Score
I bet we’re they only state where the WBB assistant to the assistant coach makes more than the football OC and DC.

I bet Vermont’s WBB assistant coaches make more than their football HC, OC and DC COMBINED

Reaction Score
Oregon and Arizona, those cheap b*stards. Two P5 programs in each state and their football coaches make squat.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
And she deserves every penny....
That’s not the issue or something I’m disputing. It does however make it very very hard to bring in quality football coaches. More a commentary on our commitment to football than Shea’s value.

Reaction Score
K is a private school employee, what does he make?

Reaction Score

ESPN , as usual, is a real joke!! They single-out ( with one other example) Hurley’s salary against his percentage of wins against that of Rhode Island ( the school’s program he helped build) apparently to illustrate a school doesn’t always get their money’s worth. Great example!!!

Reaction Score
"I bet we're the only state where the WBB assistant to the assistant coach makes more than the football OC and DC"

Your welcome.
You’re welcome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom