State officials warn of new scam targeting college athletes and their families | The Boneyard

State officials warn of new scam targeting college athletes and their families

temery

What?
Reaction Score
As far as scams go, that is pretty believable.

"This is xyz university police. Your son has been detained for violating the state open container law."

Reaction Score
As far as scams go, that is pretty believable.

"This is xyz university police. Your son has been detained for violating the state open container law."
Yeah but anytime anyone you don't know asks you over the phone to pay this way for anything, you have to know it's not legit. Can't believe anyone falling for this.

The caller says that their student athlete has been given citations for open container, curfew violation, and/or trespassing, and requests immediate payment in the form of CashApp, Venmo, or JPay.

Reaction Score
Yeah but anytime anyone you don't know asks you over the phone to pay this way for anything, you have to know it's not legit. Can't believe anyone falling for this.

The caller says that their student athlete has been given citations for open container, curfew violation, and/or trespassing, and requests immediate payment in the form of CashApp, Venmo, or JPay.
One of my entrepreneurial friends had an employee in their early 20s fall for the IRS scam where they required a $2k payment in the form of Target Gift cards

Confused Thinking GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
One of my entrepreneurial friends had an employee in their early 20s fall for the IRS scam where they required a $2k payment in the form of Target Gift cards

Confused Thinking GIF by MOODMAN
My daughter fell for it. 20 something

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom